Personality 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 7 More Words

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use a theoretical question on most dates:

Would you rather date a 9 out 10 in looks with a 6 out of 10 personality or vice versa.

They always chose 6 out of 10 in looks and 9 out of 10 in personality.

Obviously a lot of people lie or don't know the truth but its an intriguing question

yes in reality, every girl would go for the 9/10 in looks, thinking erroneously that they can change the man's personality.
i posted in another thread how i visited Reddit's female help / mom help section and it just pissed me off.
these women now married posting how they hate how their man doesn't work, drinks too much, doesn't clean the house, is a douchebag etc.

and i just thought about posting "well, b**ch, you knew Chad wasn't sh*t when you married him? why did you turn down the friendly hardworking BALD man because you'd rather Chad's ding dong? now you will have to live with that decision"

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1518388583456.jpg

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** guys I literally don't know what to do I lost sh*t TON OF HAIR all over the scalp

I just forgot about balding and focused on other things

WHAT A f*****g TROLLING DISEASE

should I DUТ UP?

can provide a pic for those who are curious

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** guys I literally don't know what to do I lost sh*t TON OF HAIR all over the scalp

I just forgot about balding and focused on other things

WHAT A f*****g TROLLING DISEASE

should I DUТ UP?

can provide a pic for those who are curious
send

cantara

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Case by case basis. The worst I got to was a thick Norwood 2.5/3 in my late 20s and I was still dating and getting attention from pretty girls under 25.If I was advanced bald/diffuse, it would have been different I'm sure. Now in my early 30s I was recently dating a 19 year legit 9/10 but as a fullhead - although I am very sure this had no extra benefit over my Norwood 2.5/3 in this matter. I decided to move on as I am having a family with a promised girl but can still date girls younger than me, same age or older easily.

I don't quite know what to make of things on this forum in terms of the looks obsession and getting young girls. The more I think about it, it's a multi factorial thing. I've always had attention from pretty girls as long as I remember and retained a youthful look. But I've also always been good with people and have a career with prestige which is more important as an older guy. Being stuck in a standard job or something anyone can be easily trained to do won't look good with smart pretty women - they will judge negatively. Different things work for different people, I know what works for me and haven't really dissected it any further. I didn't even know you "needed a good jaw" till I began losing my hair and came on here. Until then if I ever got specific complements, I just thought, okay that's nice but didn't see relevance of micro detail in the big picture. So my entire 20s I didn't spend thinking about looks in any shape or form. Ideally better not thinking about it I think we can agree. Waste of time when there's so much else to do out there and learn but we can't help how we feel.

I have flaws like any other person but it doesn't seem to detract from my overall image in the eyes of people. Some of my mates are very different to me and do well. You won't catch me saying you need white teeth, big forearms e.t.c. I wrote about a guy I knew in real life who was almost a clone of HairLossTalk.com impact or lookism - always he talked to me about white teeth/hair/game/jaws/shoulders e.t.c. He was largely incel (odd girlfriend) and socially defunct - despite being tall, muscular and ripped, average looking and authentic full head. Sounds good? Yet no girl gave him attention as I noticed myself and this was the reason for his low self esteem which he confided in me about. I could tell he had thought about it a lot. He would give me complements but ones he clearly had picked up on the net. Here was a well rehearsed guy, not your typical one who would say I can tell he looks good or gets girls. Anyway, I think his biggest problem was that his looks didn't stand out enough, his personality was rubbish, he had an ordinary job to top it off.

I would say to you, change what you can, learn to accept what you can't, don't over think issues - wasted emotion. You don't want to be like this person I described who is miserable as he's trying to be something he isn't. There are many paths in life to happiness. I know you want a family which is sweet. But lower your standards (high by your own admission), give someone a chance, don't use deceptive photos, it will happen, sounds like you have gotten close with the dates. I still think you're overplaying the hair anxiety in your mind and maybe that translates into a poor dating experience.
I think the example of your former friend goes to show what I have always thought to be true: if you are average and bald(ing), the latter is not the main problem in not getting attention from girls. It doesn‘t help the situation, of course, but being a fullhead wouldn‘t solve the issue of not getting approached/inviting signals - and, yes, less physical attraction. The fall from grace for a handsome guy losing his hair is more significant in terms of impact, but he‘ll still attract more girls than the facial 5 with NW1.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Case by case basis. The worst I got to was a thick Norwood 2.5/3 in my late 20s and I was still dating and getting attention from pretty girls under 25.If I was advanced bald/diffuse, it would have been different I'm sure. Now in my early 30s I was recently dating a 19 year legit 9/10 but as a fullhead - although I am very sure this had no extra benefit over my Norwood 2.5/3 in this matter. I decided to move on as I am having a family with a promised girl but can still date girls younger than me, same age or older easily.

I don't quite know what to make of things on this forum in terms of the looks obsession and getting young girls. The more I think about it, it's a multi factorial thing. I've always had attention from pretty girls as long as I remember and retained a youthful look. But I've also always been good with people and have a career with prestige which is more important as an older guy. Being stuck in a standard job or something anyone can be easily trained to do won't look good with smart pretty women - they will judge negatively. Different things work for different people, I know what works for me and haven't really dissected it any further. I didn't even know you "needed a good jaw" till I began losing my hair and came on here. Until then if I ever got specific complements, I just thought, okay that's nice but didn't see relevance of micro detail in the big picture. So my entire 20s I didn't spend thinking about looks in any shape or form. Ideally better not thinking about it I think we can agree. Waste of time when there's so much else to do out there and learn but we can't help how we feel.

I have flaws like any other person but it doesn't seem to detract from my overall image in the eyes of people. Some of my mates are very different to me and do well. You won't catch me saying you need white teeth, big forearms e.t.c. I wrote about a guy I knew in real life who was almost a clone of HairLossTalk.com impact or lookism - always he talked to me about white teeth/hair/game/jaws/shoulders e.t.c. He was largely incel (odd girlfriend) and socially defunct - despite being tall, muscular and ripped, average looking and authentic full head. Sounds good? Yet no girl gave him attention as I noticed myself and this was the reason for his low self esteem which he confided in me about. I could tell he had thought about it a lot. He would give me complements but ones he clearly had picked up on the net. Here was a well rehearsed guy, not your typical one who would say I can tell he looks good or gets girls. Anyway, I think his biggest problem was that his looks didn't stand out enough, his personality was rubbish, he had an ordinary job to top it off.

I would say to you, change what you can, learn to accept what you can't, don't over think issues - wasted emotion. You don't want to be like this person I described who is miserable as he's trying to be something he isn't. There are many paths in life to happiness. I know you want a family which is sweet. But lower your standards (high by your own admission), give someone a chance, don't use deceptive photos, it will happen, sounds like you have gotten close with the dates. I still think you're overplaying the hair anxiety in your mind and maybe that translates into a poor dating experience.

I appreciate your advice but I really have to say that if you were just a NW2.5/3 in your late twenties, then you would find it difficult to understand us NW6 in our early 20s guys. Not only was our youth destroyed, but we feel like we have no future because we find it so difficult to get married or have children. So, as soon as we accept our hair loss, grow into ourselves, become confident etc., we see that we have all the tools required to become fully functioning men in society, but are unable to do so because of our hair loss.

I believe that your hair is the reason that you got attention from pretty girls. In fact, a lot of guys who get this attention say something like "they can see my potential!". I disagree. To me, there's nothing special about most guys - most guys on here included - and I believe that these pretty girls are just attracted to the hair or the height. I'm not saying that you don't have potential or aren't an exciting character who is worthy of respect. You are. I'm saying that women don't care.

The guy that you're describing could have learned cold approach or tried dating apps or online dating. Girls are not meant to give guys attention in general. It's great if they do but it's the guy's job to make things happen and this could take the form of a possibly awkward cold approach. But if he's a NW1, the awkward approaches will eventually lead to a good outcome. How many socially awkward guys that you know who have girlfriends? I actually know many. What they have in common is that they're NW1. Once again, it says to me that hair, not personality, matters.

I've had some classy women go on dates with me without me even needing to state my occupation. Some did so while I was a student. They were excited over text but then so let down when they met me. It's like a bubble had been burst when they saw the state of my hair. I feel so bad every time that happens but what choice do I have... I'm hoping to have a fancy career soon but those experiences say to me that I shouldn't expect things to improve because of my career. If she's the kind of woman I'm into, the kind with a high flying career, then she's probably used to dating down career wise.

I can't lower my standards. The huge amount of confidence that I have, and the fact that I've been able to get classy women on dates, means that I can't get excited for a date unless she's a really impressive woman. I'd still go on a date with any woman, but she'd be able to tell that I'm not excited and then the date would go nowhere. That's the real result of confidence for you. Moreover, if I remove the deceptive photos, I'd get 1 date every 3 months at the busy times (fall/winter) and one date every 6 months at a quieter time like summer. I've tried it and that's what the results were. There's simply no solution for guys like myself except to either give up or somehow regain our hair (if we can get a system or treatments that work). I haven't tried cold approach yet, however.

cantara

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's all looks in that situation. I know when I shaved my head for my transplant, I felt like an absolute ugly POS. When I was in the surgery before, I knew the girls found me attractive, after I felt naked and reduced to shambles when they brought out the clippers. People close to me saw the decline too - and that's with a masculine good enough face, tan, dark features, good build. But now I've come to realise I did actually pull it off but there was a big decline and people who knew how I looked with hair saw a big fall. Happens with many celebs, in fact most. I always hold onto what @Joan said that I would not lose more than a point shaving it off.

I admire @diseasedrat because he looks handsome with a shaved head and his darker features. It must be a liberating feeling, to shave it off, give zero fucks and still look great - as men we can shave it. No more shedding worries, nothing, sunlight is no longer an enemy. Unfortunately I just love hair and the image of me in that form as I feel it enhances me a lot and provides flexibility in many ways.
It correlates with what I wrote in reply to Jason today: you may fall out of the elite-bracket where a fair amount of women take a potentially romantic interest in you at first glance, so the felt impact is significant if one is used to creating attraction without effort. However, absoutely speaking, the situation is still better than a guy‘s with a full head of hair but average face, at least with most girls.

You also mention emotional importance. In your case it‘s hair that you value highly. I‘d love to have hair, too, but there are other things I personally value higher in looks, despite knowing that my lack of it is probably my only stand-out-flaw, i.e. if I had the flaw removed, I‘d objectively gain more in the eyes of third parties (such as women) than improving on stuff I subjectively place more importance on.

I‘ve had two pretty recent experiences with pretty and significantly younger girls through social media. In both cases, when it came to fixing a date (meaning, things were going well), I switched to a pic without a hat - silence. In both cases followed by an admission nobody will be surprised by here after I‘d made it clear I‘d take it with nonchalance.

Now actually it flattered my ego, because if I believed them, I could date girls I find pretty (and I‘m hopelessly picky) if only I had hair. But: it may just be an obvious „excuse“ (how often can you not point out why you don‘t find a person without distinctive flaws unattractive) and they‘d been only half-interested before anyways. And/or: what bothers me more than my Norwood V is that ever so often my face, while apparently okayish, is not handsome enough to compensate for my lack of hair.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I always hold onto what @Joan said that I would not lose more than a point shaving it off.

I admire @diseasedrat because he looks handsome with a shaved head and his darker features.
I think head shape is more significant than facial features in being able to remain attractive with either a shaved head or bald. That's my opinion. If you're above average facially with hair, you'll still be so bald as long as your head shape is good. I'd love to see how you looked buzzed--maybe you'll bravely send me a picture someday!

I agree: diseasedrat is a handsome guy with a shaved head and still would be even bald.

blackg

Reaction score
diseasedrat is a fraud with zero hair loss
He is not a fraud, sunchyme.
He has legit hair loss, as we all do on this board.
None of us deserve to be admonished, especially by our norwood brothers.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
He is not a fraud, sunchyme.
He has legit hair loss, as we all do on this board.
None of us deserve to be admonished, especially by our norwood brothers.

piss off you kangaroo dick sucking wh***

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It correlates with what I wrote in reply to Jason today: you may fall out of the elite-bracket where a fair amount of women take a potentially romantic interest in you at first glance, so the felt impact is significant if one is used to creating attraction without effort. However, absoutely speaking, the situation is still better than a guy‘s with a full head of hair but average face, at least with most girls.

You also mention emotional importance. In your case it‘s hair that you value highly. I‘d love to have hair, too, but there are other things I personally value higher in looks, despite knowing that my lack of it is probably my only stand-out-flaw, i.e. if I had the flaw removed, I‘d objectively gain more in the eyes of third parties (such as women) than improving on stuff I subjectively place more importance on.

I‘ve had two pretty recent experiences with pretty and significantly younger girls through social media. In both cases, when it came to fixing a date (meaning, things were going well), I switched to a pic without a hat - silence. In both cases followed by an admission nobody will be surprised by here after I‘d made it clear I‘d take it with nonchalance.

Now actually it flattered my ego, because if I believed them, I could date girls I find pretty (and I‘m hopelessly picky) if only I had hair. But: it may just be an obvious „excuse“ (how often can you not point out why you don‘t find a person without distinctive flaws unattractive) and they‘d been only half-interested before anyways. And/or: what bothers me more than my Norwood V is that ever so often my face, while apparently okayish, is not handsome enough to compensate for my lack of hair.
wait you are actually f*****g BALD and not a f*****g norwood 1.0000001?!?!?!?!?!?!

f*****g FINALLY lol.