JubilantEmptyFishingcat-max-1mb.gif

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lmfao

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score

Come on Xander. You are being too harsh on "personality". It works....somewhat. it wouldn't lead a man who is a 5 get a women who is 5 or above. But it can deprive him of the opportunity of getting a women who is in his looks range. In this social media age, given a decent personality, a man who is a 5 probably can get a women in the range of 1 to 3.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Our true personality is largely genetic but yes, it plays a role in seduction imo. It's not something that you can teach to someone and is as unique as our face and fingerprint. If you get two guys that are identical in terms of looks, the guy she feels more drawn to personality wise makes the difference. So personality does matter.

It's a complex mix of verbal and non verbal cues, even we may not be fully aware of what is what. I've had girls from 20 to much older been drawn to me and still continue to do so. Guys who are in their 20s or much older respect me and enjoy hanging. People make an effort, purely because I'm adjusted and give something back to them. People want to have fun at the end of the day and also share what they go through - good and bad.

If someone lacks confidence, is a walking insecurity (and anyone observant can always tell) or gives off not being with it socially (dress sense, behaviour, interfering mental issues) then they won't click.

I know looks play a role but it's not the be all and end all. Most guys out there look normal even if not attractive and that's the only base you need. I have all kinds of friends from all backgrounds purely due the fact I like meeting new people and finding out about them. If I'm at a BBQ backyard party, I'll always talk and joke with as many people as I can whilst getting wasted. I'm not a loud guy but I'm friendly.
bla bla bla

FACE

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
honestly personality can matter if you pass that threshold of "would sleep with" to a girl.
but the best personality in the world wouldn't get that 5'2" bald guy a girl.

the guy i know who slayed the most and had girls fall hard in love with him, was very average looking but he had a great personality, was into his comedy (that the girls liked) and also was a great drawer. but there was a short fat bald friend of mine who also had a great personality, very easy to talk to and laid back; he had lots of female friends but none of them would sleep with him (they basically laughed at him when anything sexual came up)

unfortunately for me a bad personality is almost as bad as a NW6 to a girl unless you are 10/10 male model material.
when i had my hair i was attractive enough so when girls were sent on blind dates with me, they would do a double take and be happy and really interested.
but unfortunately my autistic personality would drive them away after a week or two of dating.
now add balding and an autistic personality = finished.

fortunately i'm not too obsessed with women, not really bothered by it. i wouldn't become one of these dumbass bitter "incels" but i did want a wife and kids.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Personality is not important at all. Here's why. Imagine the ideal date (ideal from the man's point of view). What happens is that the woman is very interested in him, does most of the talking (most of the work) and the man can just stay mostly quiet and find out about the woman. Women like it that way because they like their men a bit 'mysterious' or 'unpredictable'. Thus, the man would not have much chance to show off his personality even if he wanted to. But that's the way a good date goes; the conversation is more about the woman and her interests. I've had so many dates in which the woman would have a good time, laugh, tell me that she's having fun etc. and sometimes allow me to extend the date to the extent that it would make her run late. But nothing has ever gone anywhere romantically. That's because personality is only important if you want to make friends. It's totally irrelevant for romance.

For the people here who have done well in dating, claim to have average looks and credit their successes to their personalities, I say that you are underestimating your looks. You might hate your NW2, but most people don't notice it. Your NW3 might make you want to be a lifetime hat prisoner, but some people might just think that it's the way that your hair grows out. Even with a buzzed NW4, there's still hair on your head and perhaps it looks fine. We can't say this for NW5 or beyond, of course.

The message should be loud and clear for everybody: treat your hair loss or suffer the consequences. You can not make up for hair loss with a personality or a bank account.

INT

Reaction score
Personality is not important at all. Here's why. Imagine the ideal date (ideal from the man's point of view). What happens is that the woman is very interested in him, does most of the talking (most of the work) and the man can just stay mostly quiet and find out about the woman. Women like it that way because they like their men a bit 'mysterious' or 'unpredictable'. Thus, the man would not have much chance to show off his personality even if he wanted to. But that's the way a good date goes; the conversation is more about the woman and her interests. I've had so many dates in which the woman would have a good time, laugh, tell me that she's having fun etc. and sometimes allow me to extend the date to the extent that it would make her run late. But nothing has ever gone anywhere romantically. That's because personality is only important if you want to make friends. It's totally irrelevant for romance.

For the people here who have done well in dating, claim to have average looks and credit their successes to their personalities, I say that you are underestimating your looks. You might hate your NW2, but most people don't notice it. Your NW3 might make you want to be a lifetime hat prisoner, but some people might just think that it's the way that your hair grows out. Even with a buzzed NW4, there's still hair on your head and perhaps it looks fine. We can't say this for NW5 or beyond, of course.

The message should be loud and clear for everybody: treat your hair loss or suffer the consequences. You can not make up for hair loss with a personality or a bank account.

"Personality is irrelevant for romance" - Doubleindemnity, 2018

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
That's not an ideal date, sounds like something generic from a dating guide which you've overplayed. Like if you read a survival in the wilderness guide and it says don't panic is the most important rule, well okay, but it's not going to get you home itself is it. Nor would I go around telling people don't panic and things will be fine. Sure women generally like to talk about themselves and like a mysterious/silent guy, but this isn't enough on a first date. You need to create a legitimate spark and have a convo flowing in two directions. She needs to feel a range of emotions which display your potential as a partner: strong, cool, genuinely interested, honesty, caring, fun, picking up subtle aspects about her on a deep and basic level e.t.c. Intelligence and life experience help a lot. If you're just asking her questions about her life like any else would, you've friend zoned yourself already and are not displaying an attractive personality. So she's happy in that you're a nice guy, but doesn't feel anything more. Then again, there are girls who also have their own issues and might find a guy who is making this type of effort endearing. Looksmatch/personality match.

I know baldness for sure makes most people inferior, less attractive e.t.c. But I legitimately know baldies that while they may not get spontaneous attention as they go about their day, they do date successfully and look alpha. So since all your posts say you can't manage one successful date, i'm sorry but the problem is not hair. Were you dating well with hair? Maybe you're one of those guys that loses A LOT without hair or you have other problems.

The stuff that you described is helpful and good but it doesn't make or break the date. In a date, the woman decides within a few minutes whether the man is 'worthy' based on primarily his height and his Norwood level. Once a guy has passed that stage he just needs to get to know her, understand her etc. and make things happen to move things forward potentially all the way to marriage. Personality is a factor in the latter part and a good personality just allows him to do it faster. His looks, however, did the work for him. Look at a typical pick up; you're recommended to ask for a date within a few minutes because that's when the woman knows.

I've had successful dates. Between 10 and 15 percent of my dates were successful, but it was with people who either wanted a short term connection or who were not quite right for me for demographic reasons. With the exciting, successful and attractive women, it's always the same; they come on the date, have a good time with me for a few hours and then never want anything to do with me. That's what happens when you don't pass the 'worthiness' test. I didn't date when I had hair; as soon as I started losing it I panicked and decided that I had to date sooner rather than later. But I even delayed that because of people in society telling me "confidence is the most attractive thing, not hair". That's the same reason why I delayed treatments. I thought that "I'm confident enough to keep a buzz cut so I'll be fine". It's simply not true and I'm paying the price. Confidence gets you nowhere. So, yes I'm very angry when people say that confidence makes a difference because it was people like that who caused me to delay beginning dating and treatments. That's also why I'm posting these angry posts in this thread.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys it also depends on if you can pull off the bald look. I can't, but know some guys that do, very much so. Now if they had shitty personalities then they aren't going to do well, but they have descent personalities and can pull off the shaved look well. Put it this way, put their personality on my body and they aren't going to do as well as they currently do even though they are currently nw5.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a theoretical question on most dates:

Would you rather date a 9 out 10 in looks with a 6 out of 10 personality or vice versa.

They always chose 6 out of 10 in looks and 9 out of 10 in personality.

Obviously a lot of people lie or don't know the truth but its an intriguing question

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score

Would you rather date a 9 out 10 in looks with a 6 out of 10 personality or vice versa.

Obviously a lot of people lie or don't know the truth but its an intriguing question

Like they say, action speaks louder....

I seriously doubt most females will flock to a 6/10 guy with a great personality if they have option to go to a 9/10 guy. At least not initially. Personally speaking, I would ALWAYS choose a 9/10 women over a 6/10.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
It's quite sad that you let yourself go bald because you believed others who said that confidence is the be all and end all. Make no mistake, we're all better off in many ways with a full head of hair. Even black guys who look awesome shaved to the bone. Maybe you can get a full head of hair still...

So you didn't date before hair loss, well how do you know hair is the problem? I'm not saying it's a contributory factor for dating failure, but I refuse to believe it's the sole one, especially as you're an older guy like not in your teens/early 20s. In the 25 plus bracket, I've seen bald guys dating successfully like I said even if it takes a bit of effort unlike someone with a full head of hair and attractive. But they have a good personality, dress well, in shape e.t.c. Or are you trying to date out of your league considerably?

Ah, I don't agree with the bold part. A pretty girl can meet many attractive full head men, she's not going to settle with someone for life based on a poor personality - she wants to be with someone who makes her feel comfortable and many other things. The exception being if she has issues too and knows she can't hold down that type of man when he gets to know her. I've seen pretty girls reject good looking guys for being boring/weird/not with it in some way and it's totally normal. Why bother when you can find a good looking guy who is on your wavelength too. It's like with any skill, there is more differentiation the higher up you go. Personality is what truly holds onto a girl for life, not looks which is just a qualifying factor or for short term flings. I've also rejected some pretty young girls for long term relationship like many guys, because while they may have been sweet and loving, I didn't feel a connection. Happens on both sides.

It sounds to me, that since you're still caught up on step 1, you're downplaying the effect of personality or unable to see it. I understand that POV, it's an issue with some guys on here to just dismiss something entirely as worthless and blame hair/looks. I hope you are successful and find a way around all this mate, must be frustrating as hell but glad you're not giving up and keep trying.

I am dating out of my league evidently. Becoming confident is one of the worst things that happened to me because it has made me have high standards. But I don't know what my league is. If I use my deceptive photos then I think that I'm dating within the top 40% percentile of these apps. With honest photos revealing my hair loss, I'd get one date every few months with a less attractive woman or somebody who is new to the apps and doesn't know how to sort out a date with a NW1. As far as I can tell, this shows how devastating hair loss can be. And people say that I suit the look!

What if it's a 25+ guy who wants to date women 25 or younger? Does baldness cause problems? I'd be in that category because I just have never gotten along well with the older women.

I still disagree with what you say in response to the bolded part. The man can proceed to a short term fling based on my bolded part. After that, it's up to him to steer things towards marriage if he wants to. She's going to be quite forgiving and patient with him because she freely chose him for a short term fling. Modern pickup theory is actually based on this idea.

This is a bad question and things can't be quantified like this (6 out of 10 personality...what does that mean!?). Moreover, nobody will give you an answer that reflects reality. It's the same as asking "would you ever do anything physical on a first date?", and "have you ever done so?". Both questions could give a different answer. I stand by the assertion that personality is irrelevant. A man needs his looks. He might also need to be in a certain demographic or social class so that the woman considers him to be her "type". Once he has that it's as simple as getting to know the woman, letting her get to know him and moving things forward all the way towards marriage.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am dating out of my league evidently. Becoming confident is one of the worst things that happened to me because it has made me have high standards. But I don't know what my league is. If I use my deceptive photos then I think that I'm dating within the top 40% percentile of these apps. With honest photos revealing my hair loss, I'd get one date every few months with a less attractive woman or somebody who is new to the apps and doesn't know how to sort out a date with a NW1. As far as I can tell, this shows how devastating hair loss can be. And people say that I suit the look!

What if it's a 25+ guy who wants to date women 25 or younger? Does baldness cause problems? I'd be in that category because I just have never gotten along well with the older women.

I still disagree with what you say in response to the bolded part. The man can proceed to a short term fling based on my bolded part. After that, it's up to him to steer things towards marriage if he wants to. She's going to be quite forgiving and patient with him because she freely chose him for a short term fling. Modern pickup theory is actually based on this idea.

This is a bad question and things can't be quantified like this (6 out of 10 personality...what does that mean!?). Moreover, nobody will give you an answer that reflects reality. It's the same as asking "would you ever do anything physical on a first date?", and "have you ever done so?". Both questions could give a different answer. I stand by the assertion that personality is irrelevant. A man needs his looks. He might also need to be in a certain demographic or social class so that the woman considers him to be her "type". Once he has that it's as simple as getting to know the woman, letting her get to know him and moving things forward all the way towards marriage.
Its more of a fun question that gets them talking.

I don't take the answer too seriously.