Peppermint Oil And Jojoba Oil Trial Started

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
any update? i was thinking of using emu oil and peppermint / rosemary and possibly lavender together as one...

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
any update? i was thinking of using emu oil and peppermint / rosemary and possibly lavender together as one...

Hiya mate.

When i was following this routine, my hair was stable. My scalp was in brilliant condition. No dandraff, no itching etc. So it does appear to be good for the scalp. But there wasnt really any regrowth i could positively show.

So i decided to start on minoxidil about 4 -5 months ago now i think. Used the liquid form 5%. I did want to mix peppermint oil with it but thought against it as i think that could get straight in to the bloodstream and cause issues.

So i use minoxidil, 2ml all over my head. I use the dropper to massage it in for a minute or so. I divide my head in to four sections and do 0.5ml on each split. Not the sides though, just where balding can happen. Takes just two - three mins or so to apply and massage.

So first two months and heavy shedding. Enough that people started to notice. Right in the front middle gaps were showing and a bit on the crown I kept with it as apparently that shows its working. Then somewhere after month two by chance i looked in the mirror one day and was shocked. I seemed to have no gaps. Almost overnight!

Since then the results have been crazy! I have the hair i had when i was in my early twenties! Not quite as thick as in my teens as i had a crazy amount of hair at that age. But its complete coverage and no balding at all! Like a youngster!

The front hairline has improved so much too. The hairline isnt what it was in my tweinties but thats because i had a very low hairline. But it in does not look like a balding hairline at all. Its a norwood 1.5 or so. If i do an fue transplant, i could get it exact how it was before!

Downside of minnox is the itching. I guess its because im using the liquid which i heard can be more potent but causes itchyness. Hence why i use it only once a day but the last few weeks the itchyness has really settled. Before that it was pretty bad.

I still use peppermint in my shampoo. I use nizoral maybe once a week, no peppermint added on that day.

Occasionally use jojoba but rarely now. But maybe once every couple of weeks. Jojoba does really improve the scalp condition though and i would wear it everyday but because i use minoxidil before bed, i dont really get the chance.

So so far the results are amazing but laregly due to minoxidil. Who knows, some say minoxidil results dont last. I will update you all if it does or does not last.

Ps, i dont take finsteride / propecia. If i did take that, i think i could maintain my hair for a very long time for sure but the side effects are not worth the risks for me at all.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hiya mate.

When i was following this routine, my hair was stable. My scalp was in brilliant condition. No dandraff, no itching etc. So it does appear to be good for the scalp. But there wasnt really any regrowth i could positively show.

So i decided to start on minoxidil about 4 -5 months ago now i think. Used the liquid form 5%. I did want to mix peppermint oil with it but thought against it as i think that could get straight in to the bloodstream and cause issues.

So i use minoxidil, 2ml all over my head. I use the dropper to massage it in for a minute or so. I divide my head in to four sections and do 0.5ml on each split. Not the sides though, just where balding can happen. Takes just two - three mins or so to apply and massage.

So first two months and heavy shedding. Enough that people started to notice. Right in the front middle gaps were showing and a bit on the crown I kept with it as apparently that shows its working. Then somewhere after month two by chance i looked in the mirror one day and was shocked. I seemed to have no gaps. Almost overnight!

Since then the results have been crazy! I have the hair i had when i was in my early twenties! Not quite as thick as in my teens as i had a crazy amount of hair at that age. But its complete coverage and no balding at all! Like a youngster!

The front hairline has improved so much too. The hairline isnt what it was in my tweinties but thats because i had a very low hairline. But it in does not look like a balding hairline at all. Its a norwood 1.5 or so. If i do an fue transplant, i could get it exact how it was before!

Downside of minnox is the itching. I guess its because im using the liquid which i heard can be more potent but causes itchyness. Hence why i use it only once a day but the last few weeks the itchyness has really settled. Before that it was pretty bad.

I still use peppermint in my shampoo. I use nizoral maybe once a week, no peppermint added on that day.

Occasionally use jojoba but rarely now. But maybe once every couple of weeks. Jojoba does really improve the scalp condition though and i would wear it everyday but because i use minoxidil before bed, i dont really get the chance.

So so far the results are amazing but laregly due to minoxidil. Who knows, some say minoxidil results dont last. I will update you all if it does or does not last.

Ps, i dont take finsteride / propecia. If i did take that, i think i could maintain my hair for a very long time for sure but the side effects are not worth the risks for me at all.

How long are you on minoxidil now?

Been having great results (not as good as yours soon but good enough) for 7 months but started shedding short hairs miniaturized hairs this past two weeks..

Did you get periodical shedding?

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Been having great results (not as good as yours soon but good enough) for 7 months but started shedding short hairs miniaturized hairs this past two weeks..

I think its been about five months. Other than the initial shedding, nothing for the last three months.

How do you apply your minnox and do you use foam or liquid?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think its been about five months. Other than the initial shedding, nothing for the last three months.

How do you apply your minnox and do you use foam or liquid?

Foam...I never tried liquid.

badluckdude

Reaction score
Sorta on topic, For the past year or so ive been trying lots of essential oils, peppermint, rosemary, jojoaba, lavander and I can tell you I have seen no difference that I can really tell. Granted maybe im doing it wrong, the studies to me arent really clear, even stuff like rosemary study that says its as effect as minoxidil, how were they applying it? I couldnt tell so i was just using it straight. For what its worth though I mainly was focusing on spots where ive lost hair from lupus etc so who knows...

However another thought, on the topic of diluting essential oils etc.. OK so lets say if we were to go with the idea that you need to dilute them considerably. So in that case, what is the difference then between doing that, and say doing something like I dunno a paul mitchells tea tree oil shampoo, or some other shampoo that has a ton of essential oils in it. Id assume or think thats basically the same then isnt it in terms of diluting? perhaps more expensive, but for lazy people or people who are worried they are gonna f*** it up(cough me cough), wouldnt this work just as well?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorta on topic, For the past year or so ive been trying lots of essential oils, peppermint, rosemary, jojoaba, lavander and I can tell you I have seen no difference that I can really tell. Granted maybe im doing it wrong, the studies to me arent really clear, even stuff like rosemary study that says its as effect as minoxidil, how were they applying it? I couldnt tell so i was just using it straight. For what its worth though I mainly was focusing on spots where ive lost hair from lupus etc so who knows...

However another thought, on the topic of diluting essential oils etc.. OK so lets say if we were to go with the idea that you need to dilute them considerably. So in that case, what is the difference then between doing that, and say doing something like I dunno a paul mitchells tea tree oil shampoo, or some other shampoo that has a ton of essential oils in it. Id assume or think thats basically the same then isnt it in terms of diluting? perhaps more expensive, but for lazy people or people who are worried they are gonna f*** it up(cough me cough), wouldnt this work just as well?

I think @Armando Jose knows a lot about oils if not mistaken.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score

If are you geting results, continue it, jojoba oil is imy opinion the best oil carier for essential oils

badluckdude

Reaction score
ha no im NOT getting any results lol. Thats why im asking maybe im doing something wrong, maybe its that im sick so it doesnt matter..
And also if we are using the thought that essential oils need to be diluted so much, whats the difference between doing it yourself, and just using something you buy at the store? Say a shampoo etc that uses lots of natural stuff in the first place and lists all these ingredients in it anyway

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's too early to say for myself, not that I have a lot of hair left anyways!!

But I have been using emu oil and a ready made herbal mix of henna and rosemary oil to which I added 15 drops of organic rosemary and 10 of peppermint,

I dermarolled yday with a 1mm as well I have noticed my hair loss is much more controlled maybe 5 Hairs in a bad day, some days nothing when applying oil / shampooing / drying.

Will continue and see nothing to loose!

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

So i finally got a shed!

I was a bit fed up of the itchy head and switched to foam about 3 weeks ago. Used it for about 5-6 days and noticed quite a sudden shed. Got that balding gap back right in the middle of my hairline again just like when i first started on minnox.

I have to say the foam is a pain. Much longer to put on, lots gets wasted it appears in your hair even though i part my hair then apply. I dont even have long hair. Liquid was sooooo easy and done in a minute or two.

I have since gone to one day liquid one day foam. Shed stabilised but gaps still there. The hair is not like it was a month ago! Thinning on the front and crown again.

Now i dont know if this is a normal shed or because i switched to foam.

I think the ppg in the liquid does help better absorption but the itchy head is pretty bad. Any liquid out there without the ppg but at a reasonable price? A liquid without the itchy side would be an easy riutine to follow for life.

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped using peppermint oil and jojoba as a hairloss solution and have been on minoxidil foam. Had really good results with it .

I still use peppermint and jojoba randomly here and there as it does really improve the scalp condition.

Seeñor Pelitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped using peppermint oil and jojoba as a hairloss solution and have been on minoxidil foam. Had really good results with it .

I still use peppermint and jojoba randomly here and there as it does really improve the scalp condition.
Do you get sheds often from minoxidil? And how is your hairline now?

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you get sheds often from minoxidil? And how is your hairline now?

I had one shed at the start and then the minoxidil did it's job and regret my hair well.

My hairs not as thick as before when I was on minoxidil but it's still pretty good. Is keeping most my hair there still.

glen_jai

Reaction score
@stonecold Thank you for your personal experiment using jojoba & peppermint oil. The internet is full of subjective opinions with very very few practical experiences. So credit to you for sharing yours.
I stopped minoxidil just over a month ago, and have been using jojoba & peppermint oil (4% mix) since. I apply the oils morning (after shower), and evening before bed. I do not wash it off after either applications.

I have been on Minoxidil for many years (over 10 years), with some breaks in between to try other less harsh natural alternatives. Each time I am left disappointed and less hair on my head. So I am not optimistic this time either switching to jojoba/peppermint, especially after reading your account. I am expecting to lose ground, but I will keep trying with the oils for a while in hope.