Peppermint Oil And Jojoba Oil Trial Started

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
hi everyone. Im pretty new here, only been following the forum for a few months before signing up.

I am sure most of you will have heard of the peppermint and jojoba oil study on mice. It got better results than minoxidil. Now i know it means very little as it has not been tried on humans so i thought i would give it a go.

I am at a norwood 2 and am 30 from london. It has been a month and a half since i started. I use about 15-20 drops of jojoba and 2-3 drops of peppermint and mix it together for the hairline before bed and leave it in. I also add about 5 drops to my shampoo every morning.

My biggest mistake was not shining a light to my forehead before the test as after starting the test, about a week later i shone a light to my hairline and saw tiny baby hair. Now for all i know, they could have been there from the start. However i have since kept a close eye on the, and a few look slighty longer. Still too early to say if its working or not but thought i would let you guys know and keep you informed of how i go.
Hi i am also interested in Peppermint oil. Where did you buy this?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This sounds aryuvedic--is that where you guys are getting it from? the formulas/ratios to mix?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Armando Jose do you recommend a brand of Jojoba oil thats 100% pure?

Do you dilute it with warm water?

i am good with mixing if you give me a recipe for inflammation.

I was using Keto2% but i think i will go back to Regenenpur my scalp always felt better with that then the prescription.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Armando Jose do you recommend a brand of Jojoba oil thats 100% pure?

Do you dilute it with warm water?

i am good with mixing if you give me a recipe for inflammation.

I was using Keto2% but i think i will go back to Regenenpur my scalp always felt better with that then the prescription.

Jojoba oil is not diluted with water, it is a wax. With warm water it is possible make a emulsion type to help the aplication on scalp and hair.
I like essential oils and I use lavender oil to treat inflammation, although jojoba oil is also an antiinflmmatory agent.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15629254
http://www.naturallivingideas.com/jojoba-oil-benefits-for-skin-hair/

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Jojoba oil is not diluted with water, it is a wax. With warm water it is possible make a emulsion type to help the aplication on scalp and hair.
I like essential oils and I use lavender oil to treat inflammation, although jojoba oil is also an antiinflmmatory agent.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15629254
http://www.naturallivingideas.com/jojoba-oil-benefits-for-skin-hair/

Greetings Armando,
I remember you posted pics of your hair situation over a year ago, if I'm not mistaken(?).
I'm curious to ascertain how your recent regimen has benefitted your hair and scalp issues.
Do you believe your hair loss has stabilized any and/or is there a marked improvement from baseline (since you posted your first pics).

Btw Thanks for your recent links ^ and for your follow up response.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Greetings Armando,
I remember you posted pics of your hair situation over a year ago, if I'm not mistaken(?).
I'm curious to ascertain how your recent regimen has benefitted your hair and scalp issues.
Do you believe your hair loss has stabilized any and/or is there a marked improvement from baseline (since you posted your first pics).

Yes, I.D. WALKER I posted some pics of my hair situation over a year ago.
My opinion is that regimen mantain in good conditions scalp and hair. Regrowth hair lost not recently is very difficult but imposible, acording to my experience, always talking about common hairloss. BTW I have 58 years old and luckily I don`t have great conccerns about hair.

Can insert some pics of my hair today withouth disturbing this post?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Greetings Armando,

My opinion is that regimen mantain in good conditions scalp and hair. Regrowth hair lost not recently is very difficult but imposible, acording to my experience, always talking about common hairloss. BTW I have 58 years old and luckily I don`t have great conccerns about hair.
Can I attach two pics of my actual hair situation without disturb this post?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Can I attach two pics of my actual hair situation without disturb this post?

I don't have any issue with that. After all, this is your privileged discretion. ;)
Incidentally, when you refer to common hair loss, are you referring to Androgenetic Alopecia or something else.
Thank you Armando.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't have any issue with that. After all, this is your privileged discretion. ;)
Incidentally, when you refer to common hair loss, are you referring to Androgenetic Alopecia or something else.
Thank you Armando.

When I refer to common hair loss, I am refering to Androgenetic Alopecia, but I like the first term because, IMO, altought androgens and genes are involucrated in common hair loss, they are not the first trigger of this multifactorial event. Years before, common hair loss was described as a problem with sebhorrea,...., and it fits with my idea, but it is also an erroneal term.

I´ll try to send you pics if my actual hair situation.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=...ghrawSpRjrmoalWVA&sig2=qAyYpZd50_rlFPAsr-2P6w
Here is the full report

Here an excerpt:
Concentrations of use are no longer reported to the Food
and Drug Administration (FDA) (FDA 1992). However, data
submitted by the Cosmetic, Toiletry, and Fragrance Association
(CTFA) directly to Cosmetic Ingredient Review (CIR) indicated
use of Peppermint Oil at the following concentrations: 0.02% in
a medicated face mask; 0.1% in a facial cleanser; 0.2% in a lipstick,
a body splash, a foot refresher/lotion, and a body refresher;
0.5% in a toothpaste; 0.9% in a  uoride toothpaste; 1.2% in a
mouthwash; 2.0%in a lip balm; and 3.0% in a hair lotion (CTFA
1997a).

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well its been 3 months. Cant say i have had any regrowth. Not sure how much longer i will keep this up for.

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you are going to drop it?

Im thinking if i drop it, i will get more shedding. But at the same time, i was hoping for the fine hair to become proper hair which they have not. I will probably give it another month and see where it takes me.

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Right, so a question.

I have stuck to the jojoba and pepermint and hair has been pretty much the same. Could be a good thing!

So a couple of days ago i decided to add so minoxidil for the first ever time. I only use it before bed and added it to my normal routine of: 15-20 drops jojoba, 3 drops peppermint and only 0.3ml of minoxidil which is about a third of whats reccomended.

I always start lower in case of reactions etc. So two days running now and the minoxidil makes it sting. Even in such a small dose. Also minoxidil should not enter the blood stream but with peppermint added which does seem to increase blood flow, could this be a dangerous cocktail possibly entering the blood stream from the scalp?

Minoxidil has shown to give some people palpititions, rapid heart rate etc.

Any ideas?

Swiss_Tampons

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also minoxidil should not enter the blood stream but with peppermint added which does seem to increase blood flow, could this be a dangerous cocktail possibly entering the blood stream from the scalp?

Yes, the use of terpene-rich essential oils, for example, is a whole research topic in the study of transdermal drug delivery. There are many interesting works on this. Take a peek: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jphp.12334/pdf