Peppermint Oil And Jojoba Oil Trial Started

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi everyone. Im pretty new here, only been following the forum for a few months before signing up.

I am sure most of you will have heard of the peppermint and jojoba oil study on mice. It got better results than minoxidil. Now i know it means very little as it has not been tried on humans so i thought i would give it a go.

I am at a norwood 2 and am 30 from london. It has been a month and a half since i started. I use about 15-20 drops of jojoba and 2-3 drops of peppermint and mix it together for the hairline before bed and leave it in. I also add about 5 drops to my shampoo every morning.

My biggest mistake was not shining a light to my forehead before the test as after starting the test, about a week later i shone a light to my hairline and saw tiny baby hair. Now for all i know, they could have been there from the start. However i have since kept a close eye on the, and a few look slighty longer. Still too early to say if its working or not but thought i would let you guys know and keep you informed of how i go.

Minister

Reaction score
I have another topic in this same section about emu oil and castor oil ... was thinking about adding jojoba oil and maybe coconut oil to the mix. I think the key is to leave it overnight rather than just few hours.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have another topic in this same section about emu oil and castor oil ... was thinking about adding jojoba oil and maybe coconut oil to the mix. I think the key is to leave it overnight rather than just few hours.

I have been tinkering with oils and am mixing up a lotion, primarily for inflammation. I can't leave it on my scalp overnight though. I was thinking about dermarolling before application and leaving it on for 3 - 4 hours before showering at night. what do you think?

Another product that I mix in my lotion :)
I was thinking about making a lotion and applying it three to four times a week. It would consist of emu oil, castor oil, primrose oil, and a couple drops of peppermint. Just for overall inflammation control and scalp health. I would lightly dermaroll before applying. Any others you think I should add @Armando Jose ??

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have heard people drink peppermint and it helps remove body hair and increase head hair as it has high levels of oestrogen. I think thats where it could help the head as it may block dht and give your head a 'feminine' scalp and improve growth. It could be all wrong but the study on mice show it has potential.

I am a month and a half in to it and i cant really report much. I will keep going for at least 3 months and post anything i discover.

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any others you think I should add..

Pumpkin seed oil would be a good one.

Right now I'm doing an oil treatment. That's basically it for now topically. Not doing the minoxidil or finasteride thing. I'm using an oil product made for hair health/loss.
It's main oils are cold pressed saw palmetto and cold pressed pumpkin seed oils.
There is also castor and lavander oil. Saw palmetto and pumpkin have anti androgen properties but it is still a touchy subject about that being effective topically.

I have been using it for almost a month now and my scalp feels great! If I end up losing all my hair, I'll at least have a nice supple healthy looking noggin. Not some tight, crusty, hard looking scalp skin that male pattern baldness sufferers get.
My eyes may be deceiving me, but I have noticed some small hairs in my temple area that were never there before.
The directions for this stuff is to apply before going to bed and leave it on over night.

As for the OP, peppermint oil is interesting me. Mainly for the tingle effect, which is always nice.

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So a little update.

Been over two months now. I may be wrong but it seems i am a bit less grey on the sides. Also the general hair i had seems to have regained some of its thickness.

The main thing though, hairline, remains the same.

Early to say but looks like it can help the hair you have on your head get healthier, but wont grow back your hair. At least not in two months!

Anyway, i will stick to it. The grey issue i will look in to more as my hair grows longer, i could be wrong but its interesting!

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So a little update.

Been over two months now. I may be wrong but it seems i am a bit less grey on the sides. Also the general hair i had seems to have regained some of its thickness.

Early to say but looks like it can help the hair you have on your head get healthier, but wont grow back your hair. At least not in two months!

Anyway, i will stick to it. The grey issue i will look in to more as my hair grows longer, i could be wrong but its interesting!

It's been long due, but I finally ordered a shitload of oils online including jojoba, peppermint and what not...

I'll give this a shot, so how do you do this, 15-20 drops of jojoba and 2-3 drops or peppermint ?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
So a little update.

Good signals, two months is not long time to see results, it is better 12 months to compare. Good luck.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been long due, but I finally ordered a shitload of oils online including jojoba, peppermint and what not...

I'll give this a shot, so how do you do this, 15-20 drops of jojoba and 2-3 drops or peppermint ?

You must to know that 1 ml is moreless 20 drops
If you want a 5% of peppermint oil in jojoba, you need mix 20 drops of jojoba and 1 drop of peppermint oil.

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I started off with one drop in about 15 drops of jojoba. But after a few days i found it a little too weak. I think 3 drops to 15 or so jojoba drops worked well. But obviously build up from 1 drop for the first two days. Then two drops for another 3 days then move to three. As pepeprmint is pretty strong.

Add about 4-5 drops in to your shampoo. So basically as you squeeze some shampoo in your hand, then add 4-5 drops in to the shampoo in your hand and miz it with your finger.

stonecold

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also just a reminder, i have only been using it on my hairline and not on the rest of my head. The rest of my head gets a bit of peppermint when i shampoo it. If you are more bald than me, you will need probably 30 drops of jojoba and 6 peppermint drops or 75 and 9 and so on. Im a NW2 so i would like to see someone at say an nw4 try this.

resu

Reaction score
Oils alone won't make any difference, you need a carrier, dump them in liquid 5% minoxidil and maybe it will make a difference.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've dissolved some peppermint oil into my shampoo and conditioner.

whous26

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all , i use stemox with peppermint oil (84ml stemox mix with 3ml peppermint oil) since two weeks.

Now i have dandruff, do you think is a bad thing and i should stop?

inmyhead

Reaction score
Hello all , i use stemox with peppermint oil (84ml stemox mix with 3ml peppermint oil) since two weeks.

Now i have dandruff, do you think is a bad thing and i should stop?

im quite sure dandruff is from stemox. I'm using stemox myself and it causes dandruff. Basically it just the dried stemox and not the dandruff itself