Peppermint Oil And Jojoba Oil Trial Started

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used everything. This is the one thing besides minoxidil/finasteride that sort of works. However, those of you with significant hair loss should give up. You might get gains at first but you won't be able to maintain them. I have seen some of pics of guys who are enormously bald and they have fantastic results but guess what? It still isn't cosmetically significant. Everyone walking down the street still thinks, as do all of the women, that's a bald guy. So for folks with diffuse thinning, if you are dedicated, this might be worth it for a while but still. This is a long road to hoe for the rest of one's life and without minoxidil and finasteride, I think that it is a waste of time but I am rooting for all of you.:)

Fuzz Top

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone had any success with the jojoba oil 97% / peppermint oil 3% combination or compared it to minoxidil?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the one thing besides minoxidil/finasteride that sort of works.
Sort of? Tell me more.

Does anyone know if these essential oils cause a shed before thickening the hair? The same way minoxidil does.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sort of? Tell me more.

Does anyone know if these essential oils cause a shed before thickening the hair? The same way minoxidil does.
That's an old post of mine and I think that I was referring to using oils as carriers for micro-needling, which does seem to work about as well as doing it with minoxidil but I still use minoxidil since it is proven in many studies unlike essential oils.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay cheers. Do you remember if you shed hair using it?

jd_uk

Reaction score
That's an old post of mine and I think that I was referring to using oils as carriers for micro-needling, which does seem to work about as well as doing it with minoxidil but I still use minoxidil since it is proven in many studies unlike essential oils.
Do you have a link to that post? Is that for if you microneedle regularly at a low depth rather than once per week at a higher depth? And is the mode of action similar to that of minoxidil?

Actually, just saw your post regarding a long road to go down for non cosmetic results. It's a good point. Perhaps in combination with other things like keto shampoo and maybe eventually stemoxydine it might be able to provide some cosmetic difference.

Last edited:

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think these essential oils actually work. I buzzed my head and applied jojoba, peppermint and Rosemary oil every night for 2 months. I left this mix on all night. I started to grow my hair back and continued with the mix every night and my hair was wayyy thicker. I recently upped the percentage and it caused a shed. Similar to a finasteride shed. So I I’ve buzzed again. I’m going to carry on for 3 more months buzzed and then grow back.
I scrub my head vigorously with a hard body brush in the shower everyday. I might buy a derma roller.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have a link to that post? Is that for if you microneedle regularly at a low depth rather than once per week at a higher depth? And is the mode of action similar to that of minoxidil?

Actually, just saw your post regarding a long road to go down for non cosmetic results. It's a good point. Perhaps in combination with other things like keto shampoo and maybe eventually stemoxydine it might be able to provide some cosmetic difference.

Last edited:

jd_uk

Reaction score
I think these essential oils actually work. I buzzed my head and applied jojoba, peppermint and Rosemary oil every night for 2 months. I left this mix on all night. I started to grow my hair back and continued with the mix every night and my hair was wayyy thicker. I recently upped the percentage and it caused a shed. Similar to a finasteride shed. So I I’ve buzzed again. I’m going to carry on for 3 more months buzzed and then grow back.
I scrub my head vigorously with a hard body brush in the shower everyday. I might buy a derma roller.

Thanks. Interesting blog that.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Armando Jose i think you know a lot about essential oils...Have you ever experienced a shedding phase while using your mix, or heard about it happening? Similar to how minoxidil works. Thanks!

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jeju, I am using jojoba plus essential oils a lot of time, regarding shedding phase it is difficult answer for me. Only I see more sheding when we start with this method due hairs in the exogen phase. Jojoba oil aid to eliminate these hairs that were "glued" in the scalp with hardened sebum.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jeju, I am using jojoba plus essential oils a lot of time, regarding shedding phase it is difficult answer for me. Only I see more sheding when we start with this method due hairs in the exogen phase. Jojoba oil aid to eliminate these hairs that were "glued" in the scalp with hardened sebum.
Appreciate the response. I’ve only been applying my mix since December so I’ll stick with it for 6 months to a year and assess. My scalp feels great regardless.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am adding a few squirts of 5 essential oils to my minoxidil. Feels good a bit tingle and smell of the oils.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am adding a few squirts of 5 essential oils to my minoxidil. Feels good a bit tingle and smell of the oils.
A few drops is a waste of time. I had obvious thickening with peppermint and jojoba oil(about 10%)for some months. October - March. Massive shed in March that didn’t stop but has slowed recently. I recently went back to using the oils again. Peppermint and rosemary. I’m using about 20% mix now. My head is absolutely buzzing, feels lovely. I massage every night light I used to. Hair feels good again. I’m using zix too. Going above 3% didn’t cause any problems.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am at a loss to understand all of these allegations of shedding without apparent cause. If it is due to your treatment, then one supposes it is benevolent shedding as I call it but then you want to continue the treatment associated with the shed.

Understanding Shedding and Hair Loss Treatment

What are you taking about? Allegations of shedding without apparent cause? I’m assuming 30 minute massages per night while my head was coated in peppermint and jojoba stopped my hair hair shedding and my follicles grew in healthier. It stopped working and the normal shed continued. I don’t need to waste my time researching DHT. I fell into that trap before. I’m 35 next year and have a ton of hair. Just looking for maintenance. I rock a buzz sometimes and it suits me well.