People making fun of Gareth bale after bald path showing

shookwun

Reaction score
Finasteride is a bandaid for myself. My hair is so weird I don't even know where to start.

I have a full head of hair, albeit thin in the front and patched in the back. I can literally see the horseshoe in formation. Anyone with a knowledgeable eye and university degree in norwoodology would know - sides and back are very dark in color while the top in a horse shoe is much lighter in density and color.

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
Eren I think I remember you telling this story before (unless someone else had a very similar one) and it's a f*****g joke, you would have been at a great time to maintain or even get back to appearing to have a full head.

Injustice.

I went to seem my GP for the first time for hair loss when I had male pattern baldness for three months. So, in that case I could have had 95% of the hair I was born with. It still bugs me and it definitely feels like injustice to me. Might go to another GP anyway, just afraid that another one will act like an a**h** too. Well, we'll see.

You don't think you can feel better? Not like a fullhead, not like you were before, not like an effortless sex god slayer, but given a current situation, as bad as it is, you agree that there's no way to possibly improve on how you feel about it.

You can feel better by improving what is causing you to be extremely depressed, in my case, that was hair loss, hair deformation, 80% loss of density in just 2 years. Unfortunately, if you're not satisfied with the results of the treatments, there is not much you can do to make you feel better. Working out, swimming, whatever may help, but it is only temporary and the feeling will come back when you look in the mirror.

I do want to add that this was true IN MY CASE. Others might deal much better than me regarding hair loss.

"not like an effortless sex god slayer" LOL, I never thought that I was anything like that even with a full head of hair. I was happy though, that's more than enough for me.

Last edited:

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Too bad one of the baldest person in the world at a such young age managed to get a successful hair transplant.

How do you get away with saying sh*t like this? Seriously, who the f*** is reading this and thinks "OK, that sounds plausible that he or his doctor would know this. Then it seems plausible that his doctor would tell a 16 year old child this for no reason whatsoever. And there were no children with alopecia around at the time, it all makes sense."

If you're ever in a position to get a business card put below your degree and everything "One of the baldest person in the world at such a young age".

Working out, swimming, whatever may help, but it is only temporary and the feeling will come back when you look in the mirror..

Yeah I know what you mean, I went for a run a few years ago and it was fine but I don't feel much better now so it didn't cure me.

(You're supposed to keep doing it).

Like I say, for some people they'll never feel fully complete again after losing all their hair, I'm not claiming anything will fix that. But you're claiming it's impossible to feel better? In any way? That's a huge claim, and also quite toxic (though I know you're just expressing your opinion).

Just as there are things that will undoubtedly make you feel marginally worse, there are things that will make you feel marginally better. Denying that fact to yourself is just intentionally stubborn, it's sitting in the corner being a pouting Thomas going "nothing will make me feel good, so I'll lick my wounds for eternity to express how sad I am".

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Too bad one of the baldest person in the world at a such young age managed to get a successful hair transplant.

The solution is just sitting there, but you don't take your chance, because you're afraid, and because maybe, you want remain miserable.

That's the truth here. Just a thin coverage like I did will do wonders for your self-esteem and your overall happiness.

But I know how it feels, I became scared the few months after my hair transplant. I thought:

"Damn, it's growing well, now if I am miserable, can't blame the hair anymore!"

And that's scary. Of course, since my hair transplant grew, I've never been depressed anymore, it's just impossible.

Despite going through rough experiences like my ex-girlfriend having an abortion and breaking up with me out of the blue.

That's a walk in the park compared to hair loss. It's funny because people will often cite these experiences as being the hardest in life.

In their life. Their fullhead privileged life. People outside the world of hair loss don't know what true suffering is, what true despair is.

Fred, you just have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. Making judgments about me especially since you do not know me at all. I may want to remain miserable?? That is such batsh*t insane logic that I do not even know where to begin! I know that you claim that your thin coating of hair has turned your life around, but not everyone is satisfied with just simply having a thin coating of hair up top. Otherwise, everyone would be having the same type of hair transplant that you did. And as far as I know, you're the only one I've ever seen that has such "thin-all-over" type of hair transplant. I am not afraid at all afraid about blaming my misery on something else after I "got my hair back" because I was never nearly this miserable before I started losing my hair.

But whatever. It's really hard for me to get pissed off by what some one says anonymously on an internet forum anyway. And the funniest thing is that just yesterday, I actually complimented you on your posts!! (Particularly the ones about fullheads lecturing people with real hair loss).

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Like I say, for some people they'll never feel fully complete again after losing all their hair, I'm not claiming anything will fix that. But you're claiming it's impossible to feel better? In any way? That's a huge claim, and also quite toxic (though I know you're just expressing your opinion).

Just as there are things that will undoubtedly make you feel marginally worse, there are things that will make you feel marginally better. Denying that fact to yourself is just intentionally stubborn, it's sitting in the corner being a pouting Thomas going "nothing will make me feel good, so I'll lick my wounds for eternity to express how sad I am".

Exactly, I think Freds problem is that he only sees things from his experiences. People who have made the effort to exercise, change their diet or do anything to make themselves feel even marginally better should be applauded and encouraged not sneered at because these things didn't work for you.

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean, I went for a run a few years ago and it was fine but I don't feel much better now so it didn't cure me.

(You're supposed to keep doing it).

I do workout, because I already was doing it before hair loss, no reason to quit after male pattern baldness started. But it does not help in the longrun, that's what I meant. Sure, after the workout, I feel great and that feeling lasts for about half an hour. In my opinion, the best thing to do is to solve the issue (to whatever extent that's possible). That makes you feel consistently better. But again, that's just me, didn't mean to be toxic.

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lol if you think working out will help you beat NW1's who were born with great bodies.
There is no hope.

Doom and gloom.

*Evil laugh*

That's it.

lol

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As a guy who started to lose it at 18-19, I can not agree more with this. Everywhere you go, all of your friends, fellow students have a thick full mane. You're confronted with it EVERY day and a very significant part of the day. It's undeniable.

I remember a few years ago taking an exam with 500 other people and no one else was bald. It's ridiculous.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do workout, because I already was doing it before hair loss, no reason to quit after male pattern baldness started. But it does not help in the longrun, that's what I meant. Sure, after the workout, I feel great and that feeling lasts for about half an hour. In my opinion, the best thing to do is to solve the issue (to whatever extent that's possible). That makes you feel consistently better. But again, that's just me, didn't mean to be toxic.

I know you didn't mean to be anything, and you're just giving your point of view, which is absolutely fine, I understand and empathise with whatever you're going through as every person reacts differently to situations.

But I'll never relate to this opinion that "nothing" will make you feel "better", even marginally? I'm repeating myself now sorry, but that's being intentionally stubborn. Baldness is a desperate situation, and in desperation we need to scrape the barrel for positives, but there will always be some, even if you have to try everything in your imaginative realm, there is something that will make you feel better, even if only slightly.

I still think denying that possibility to yourself is giving up, but we're going in circles here. The main point of my reply was to make it clear I don't think you're being toxic on purpose, we all harbour toxic thoughts in some form, and while you aren't pushing an agenda or anything intentionally, I just want you to know that this denial of possibilities isn't healthy.

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
I remember a few years ago taking an exam with 500 other people and no one else was bald. It's ridiculous.

Hahaha, true this. I took an exam 4 years ago with 200 people and before it started I was desperately looking for someone showing signs of male pattern baldness and I could NOT find anyone. I was just 20 at the time and almost all guys at least have thick head of hair at that age albeit receded to some extent (the worst being Norwood 2).

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
I know you didn't mean to be anything, and you're just giving your point of view, which is absolutely fine, I understand and empathise with whatever you're going through as every person reacts differently to situations.

But I'll never relate to this opinion that "nothing" will make you feel "better", even marginally? I'm repeating myself now sorry, but that's being intentionally stubborn. Baldness is a desperate situation, and in desperation we need to scrape the barrel for positives, but there will always be some, even if you have to try everything in your imaginative realm, there is something that will make you feel better, even if only slightly.

I still think denying that possibility to yourself is giving up, but we're going in circles here. The main point of my reply was to make it clear I don't think you're being toxic on purpose, we all harbour toxic thoughts in some form, and while you aren't pushing an agenda or anything intentionally, I just want you to know that this denial of possibilities isn't healthy.

As I said, taking finasteride helps. Taking action against hair loss helps and it will make you feel much better. What I meant with "nothing", is anything non-related to improving your hair. In my case, it did not make me feel consistently better. Note, I was a teen when it started and being in your early 20s is not very old either. So my point of view has not changed. May be it would be different if it started at 27 and if it was less agressive.

Again, things like finasteride etc help. So it's not like "NOTHING" will make you feel better. You may feel better after working out. If, however, we're talking about feeling better consistently on a daily basis, then only treatments and other viable solutions like hair transplant can help, at least for me. So working out etc, does make me feel marginally better. But as a young guy I want to feel absolutely good, not just "marginally better than being extremely depressed." Most (young) guys losing hair agree with me, that's why this forum exists anyway.

My point of view may change over time. Who knows.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
So it's thick NW1 or misery I guess? I'm not surprised, many people here have that mentality.

What's important for me with my thin hair transplant, it's that I can actually live my life as if I had a full head of hair, almost.

I can have sex and relationships with attractive girls, I feel good when I look at myself in the mirror and see that frame around my face, I can just enjoy the sh*t out of everything (travelling, swimming, etc.) without having to worry about my hair.

Maybe I'm happy with not much. Lucky me I guess. I guess you think "meh, I wouldn't be happy with a hair transplant like his". You have no idea, imagining myself without that hair transplant and as a slick bald NW5 uncle is horrifying.

It truly makes a world of difference.

If you look back at a couple of posts of mine, I actually sympathized with your situation about being an NW5 at such a young age. If your hair transplant makes you feel a lot better then more power to you. I am just saying that such results are not satisfactory to everybody, hence why only a very small sliver of hair loss sufferers even get hair transplant's in the first place.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Satisfactory or not, that's your only option. And at least it would make you feel better and it surely makes people treat you better. But yeah, NW1 or death I guess? That mentality is dangerous.

I could even improve my result with temporary SMP or another hair transplant, or both. But I'm not fixing what's not broken, 2000 grafts (and minoxidil for thr crown) did the job for me.

The truth is, if you're bald in this day and age, it's your own fault. Sorry if it sounds harsh but I know where I come from. I would not have said that 10 years ago, but now that's the reality.

It's not anyone's own fault at all. Today's options are just very limited, so much so that barely any hair loss sufferers even use them. I am glad that your course of action is working for you, but not everyone wants to go through an hair transplant just for a very thin coating of hair on top, with possible head tattooing to fill in the rest. In fact, you're the only one I know that has taken such a course of action. hair transplant's are not even close to being a mainstream option. You yourself even once said that only like 0.01% of all hair loss sufferers even get them (or something to that effect), and there is a reason for that. Most people do not want to be bald at all, but today's options are just so limited and mediocre and have significant drawbacks and flaws (and I've tried virtually all of them except for an hair transplant).

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score

The solution is just sitting there, but you don't take your chance, because you're afraid, and because maybe, you want remain miserable.

That's the truth here. Just a thin coverage like I did will do wonders for your self-esteem and your overall happiness.

But I know how it feels, I became scared the few months after my hair transplant. I thought:

"Damn, it's growing well, now if I am miserable, can't blame the hair anymore!"

And that's scary. Of course, since my hair transplant grew, I've never been depressed anymore, it's just impossible.

Despite going through rough experiences like my ex-girlfriend having an abortion and breaking up with me out of the blue.

That's a walk in the park compared to hair loss. It's funny because people will often cite these experiences as being the hardest in life.

In their life. Their fullhead privileged life. People outside the world of hair loss don't know what true suffering is, what true despair is.

You must have some mental disability or something, Im not trying to be rude here. No way on earth people think you have a full head of hair. Literally ZERO chance of that. My dad is totally bald yet on the front of his scalp he has about the same density as you do.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
I've never said that.

A thin coat on top would make you go from "bald loser" to "guy who shaves by choice" and that's not negligible.

Ok you don't want that, but then you have no right to complain anymore.

I can live my life normally 99% of the time thanks to my hair transplant, people just treat me like a fullhead. So it seems I'm not the only one who's satisfied.

The 1% is when I meet a drunk a**h** in a bar.

But a thin coat on top is not enough to justify many people getting an hair transplant in the first place. If that were the case, then you would not be only one I've ever seen on any of the forums or any of the internet who got such an hair transplant (very thin all over the top). And if that were the case, then like more than 1% of all hair loss sufferers would be getting hair transplant's in the first place, let alone ridiculous stuff like body hair transplants.. And I am not complaining at all. I am just expressing my frustration due to the lack of viable treatment options that we have for hair loss. An hair transplant is not something that you just jump into lightly, and I've even heard hair transplant advocates that if you're not 100% sure about getting an hair transplant, then don't do it. And I am not even close to being 100% sure due to many factors. I am not asking for NW1 perfection, but I am not asking for an extremely thin coat of hair either. But whatever, I am done arguing, or else you'll drag this sh*t out for like 8 pages.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not anyone's own fault at all. Today's options are just very limited, so much so that barely any hair loss sufferers even use them. I am glad that your course of action is working for you, but not everyone wants to go through an hair transplant just for a very thin coating of hair on top, with possible head tattooing to fill in the rest. In fact, you're the only one I know that has taken such a course of action. hair transplant's are not even close to being a mainstream option. You yourself even once said that only like 0.01% of all hair loss sufferers even get them (or something to that effect), and there is a reason for that. Most people do not want to be bald at all, but today's options are just so limited and mediocre and have significant drawbacks and flaws (and I've tried virtually all of them except for an hair transplant).

I am inclined to agree with you because you have at least remained rational. I am not going to argue with Fred because it is futile - but he is not being rational here at all when he says he is bald by choice due to a few grafts that have been implanted. I don't see the point in indulging with delusion for sanity. He has psychologically benefited immensely from the hair transplant and if such an impact was possible for you, you should go for it.

But objectively it is not aesethically/cosmentically viable.. There can be no debate on this and I don't see the point of debating it because we will go around in circles. I know this because of my rational experiences and of other hair loss sufferers in real life who have much more hair.

If you look at before and after pictures on websites, they will tend to show the success of Norwood 3V e.t.c. The more grafts you can put into a smaller area, the greater you can make it look natural and fuller. Simple maths.

But I respect Fred for finding something to do - such baldness at that age is among the rarest within the male pattern baldness group. I hope you remain rational F2005 AND find a method that gives some peace.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not asking for NW1 perfection, but I am not asking for an extremely thin coat of hair either. But whatever, I am done arguing, or else you'll drag this sh*t out for like 8 pages.

He will say explain how my ex gf didn't notice for one whole year? Or how no one laughs at him on the street now? That he is getting a job. The whole thought process is not grounded from the start to finish.

F2005 what Norwood are you and how many grafts do you have? If you don't know already, at least it will give you an idea of what you can end up with. There are cases of high NWs ending up with pretty damn good hair. If you do it abroad, it will be cheaper as well, spread out over a year for each session.

I am having my transplant this month as a thick Norwood 2.5 but the turnaround will justify the money used.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
You must have some mental disability or something, Im not trying to be rude here. No way on earth people think you have a full head of hair. Literally ZERO chance of that. My dad is totally bald yet on the front of his scalp he has about the same density as you do.

Objectively he has moved from bald to severe balding.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I am having my transplant this month as a thick Norwood 2.5 but the turnaround will justify the money used.
Congratulations WP on your thoroughly prepared hair transplant decision.
May the favorable results surpass your preconceived expectations. :)

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey I.D! Thanks a lot! You'll always be one of the most respected, well spoken/written members on here :) It will feel weird having a better hairline I am sure. Just hoping most of the grafts survive and it's a relatively long road for them to grow as you know.

I hope you also take some kind of new action for your hair if you can. A hair transplant at the front would do wonders for you both physically and mentally.

I can't wait, getting impatient. Be the best version of yourself that you can be is my motto :)