People making fun of Gareth bale after bald path showing

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And another hair loss at a young age taught me: self-help is a scam. You cannot feel better by running or anything if you hate the you look, if you do not have a social life and if you're not getting laid regularly.

You cannot feel totally self-fulfilled, fine, not even the most insanely perfect lives feel that anyway, but don't f*****g sit there telling people they can't feel better.

How is this positive advice for people? "Don't try feeling better because nothing will work". What exactly are you actually FOR? Not just regiments and hair transplant, but why do you bother coming on the Impact section at all?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The previous remark about video games and p**rn getting you through, as well as now writing, is the only time I have EVER seen you even remotely allude to coping with hair loss, and it's not even advice, it's your own f*****g self-obsession bullshit about what helped you. It's like you don't want to give actual advice.

But that's the closest I've seen, and it had to be completely squeezed out of you, why do you actually hate giving people answers on how to deal with hair loss? Does it actually piss you off when people say they cope with it because of a personal reason?

Say you didn't get through hair loss with video games, and someone said that's what helps them, your response would be: "Oh sure! Keep playing video games while the world makes fun of you and you don't get sex!" And don't deny it.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Against my better judgement I was going to bite at Freds comment about exercise but I think h.l has said everything for me lol! However, I will say this - I have suffered from depression, severe insomnia and anxiety and since I started to run (and to an extent changing my diet) I've seen massive improvements in all of these things. Not to mention I also look more attractive and have much more energy.
So, you get the occasional ahole who makes an insensitive comment. That's life I'm afraid! You either let these people get to you or you get on with your life.............

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score
Whenever I try to make physical activity I think about my appearance and my baldness and I feel miserable and pathetic and think that I have no reason to try since I'll never see any results. I would feel even more depressed.

I know where you're coming from dude...sometimes I feel great about my body and then I push back my hair and see the bad recession and the thinning and big forehead and realize that it "ruins" the whole thing. Even with hair my face isn't great, I've had women stop talking to me online once I send them a face pic, etc. I've been there.

In those moments I am honestly more motivated by anger. Not to get a "sexy" body, but just to feel stronger and more powerful. If you're a short bald guy with some muscle, people tend to hold their tongue. I know that won't motivate you to do stuff, but honestly, lifting and being strong start to matter for themselves rather than making you sexier for women. Some women find me to be a "butter face". I'll send them body pics first and they think I am hunky and then will visibly lose interest when I show the face attached to the body. And I am honestly more attractive than these girls in face and body...women today are pickier than ever.

So...all I am saying is, lifting to be "hotter" is probably pointless anyway. But trust me, it helps with depression and helps with self esteem...martial arts as well. If you can't be part of the "hot" crowd, you can at least strengthen yourself to feel better about yourself...f*** dating, just get strong for yourself. I hope you'll give it a shot, even if its just some dumbbells at home man...

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Fred and h.l. should spend a weekend together somewhere.

Haha. Despite their opposite points of view, I actually like both of them. And btw blackg, your Raiders should look good this year. I wish the Vikes would've taken Carr 2 years ago and Cooper is gonna be star.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess I can see both hair loss's and Fred's side of things. hair loss, I do agree with you that exercise can and does help improve a person's mood, and that it does help with getting women too. Oftentimes, life is a struggle about just surviving day to day and the "high" that a person gets after a quality workout can help with this. I really do believe that exercise does release endorphins and other stimulants that help a person feel better. When I've been at the gym and felt completely terrible about my hair, compliments from others (including women) about my muscles really helped me feel so much better. (Although I will admit that this "high" from exercise is usually only temporary, and when I am out of the gym, my mind does drift back to hair loss). That said, I truly do not believe that a person should simply just give up on life and live like a recluse if they are bald, although I guess that is easier said than done.

Fred, I can see where you're coming from as well. You've actually been bald at a very early age, while I believe that hair loss still has most of his hair. So therefore, his "speeches" could come off as somebody giving advice on something they've never actually been through themselves. I've got friends who tell me how I should react to hair loss yet these guys would never even shave their heads for a single day. I cannot stand when people with most of their hair try to give truly bald people advice on how to react to baldness, and I've called people out on that very subject on here. Although I do not think hair loss is one of those "preaching" kind of people and he's always been genuine to me.

In short, I do actually enjoy both of your posts and appreciate both of your presences on here.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got friends who tell me how I should react to hair loss yet these guys would never even shave their heads for a single day. I cannot stand when people with most of their hair try to give truly bald people advice on how to react to baldness, and I've called people out on that very subject on here. Although I do not think hair loss is one of those "preaching" kind of people and he's always been genuine to me.

Well maybe times have changed a lot since I was in my twenties, but honestly I have seldom met people who gave any advice about hair loss, as there was evidently nothing sensible they could say.
On the other hand, when I was 22 one of my best friends did say in my presence "I hope I never go bald or I will kill myself".
Well that was some advice

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are your hobbies?

I've never had any, unless you consider going to the gym in my younger years a hobby. Do your hobbies bring you in contact with others who have the same interests?

("Penny" meant to reply with quote but, of course, made a mistake!)

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
My Derm (female):
"Well it looks like you better get married while you still have hair on your head huehuehuehue!"
My Doctor (fullhead):
"I really don't know why you're so bothered by this. Some people just grow a beard. I'd advise you not to worry about it so much."

And we are supposed to get help from these people?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
My Derm (female):
"Well it looks like you better get married while you still have hair on your head huehuehuehue!"
My Doctor (fullhead):
"I really don't know why you're so bothered by this. Some people just grow a beard. I'd advise you not to worry about it so much."

Gott Im Himmel!
I don't know if the first or second advice was worse :-(

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My Derm (female):
My Doctor (fullhead):

Pathetic isn't it? Just because someone's academic doesn't mean they have common sense or empathy.

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
My Derm (female):
My Doctor (fullhead):

That is what I said many times. On average, they will not prescribe finasteride just because you're asking no matter what age you are.

My doctor: "We can't do anything"
Me: "finasteride exists"

Doctor: I wouldn't use it now, hair loss is a slow process, you won't be bald by tomorrow.

In 2 years, from full head to sh-t density and pathetic quality.

Say good bye to living life as a normal teen, and consequently good bye to living life as a normal student, normal dude in his 20s, 30s.

And oh: "Are you really worried about losing hair" (with a grin on his face, that motherf-cker, tried hard not to laugh at me).

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
And another hair loss at a young age has taught me: self-help is a scam. You cannot feel better by running or anything if you hate the you look, if you do not have a social life and if you're not getting laid regularly.

No f-ing way around this.

As a guy who started to lose it at 18-19, I can not agree more with this. Everywhere you go, all of your friends, fellow students have a thick full mane. You're confronted with it EVERY day and a very significant part of the day. It's undeniable.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Eren I think I remember you telling this story before (unless someone else had a very similar one) and it's a f*****g joke, you would have been at a great time to maintain or even get back to appearing to have a full head.

Injustice.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
As a guy who started to lose it at 18-19, I can not agree more with this. Everywhere you go, all of your friends, fellow students have a thick full mane. You're confronted with it EVERY day and a very significant part of the day. It's undeniable.

You don't think you can feel better? Not like a fullhead, not like you were before, not like an effortless sex god slayer, but given a current situation, as bad as it is, you agree that there's no way to possibly improve on how you feel about it.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
But if you're balding and think there is no way out (there almost always is), if you choose to remain in your situation while you perfectly know that it's ruining your life, things will never get better. Never. Why would they?

I don't have a lot of sympathy for those who don't try anything to make their hair loss situation better, and I feel we have some of those forum members here who are overly enthusiastic about ridiculous notions that because some bald guy has a hot wife, therefore everyone will be OK. I feel these guys post enthusiastic slybald posts behind a puddle of tears, knowing they missed their chance.

What I'm talking about are those who don't have options left, who have no choice but to go on with continuing baldness, or simply maintaining an NW3 as financially or physically a hair transplant is impossible for the near future.

There's no way of feeling better? Not better about your hair loss, as I wrote above, that will never get better, there will always be depression attached to that thought, and that will always be niggling, even in your case Fred that won't ever go away whenever the topic of hair comes up in any situation.

But better generally? If you've already gone through the hamster wheel of treatments?

Please stop saying there's absolutely nothing you can do to feel better as a human being. If you truly believe that then it's being rather fundamentalist over the issue of hair loss, or any condition that people have to live with.

This is why your advice is- hair transplant or kill yourself. Maybe "kill yourself" is strong for the sake of effect, but you preach to give up on life unless you have a hair line. I don't see much of a difference between that and suicide.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just as a further understanding Fred, do you constantly preach the "fact" that nothing will make you feel better without a hairline? Because at least I can understand that, if you're doing it in an encouraging way to make sure everyone who can, will do something about it, but I just doubt that's the case.

I realised this from my own preachings about treatments that most people on here have tried everything already, and they're reading your posts, knowing they've already gone through your advice and got nowhere. So now they have to read about how empty their lives are and how there's nothing they can do about it, and that's simply not fair on them.

I think you equate everyone's posts and opinions to their own personal standpoints, and how they are doing in life, and fine that's probably true with most of the people on here, but not with me, I simply don't think it's right that you constantly put down those who have no hope with hair loss.

And yet you see me as the one with no empathy towards actual baldness just because I haven't endured it from an early age.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
@FredTheBelgian On a somewhat smaller scale than you I also go through these wild swings in motivation, mood, life outlook and everything else. As Finasteride didn't stop my balding and as I waited for it to work all the while my hair kept getting worse I no longer had any motivation to go outside, exercise, get lean, do what I liked... as the Minoxidil kicked in and I saw big results I went ecstatic lost several pounds, became outgoing again and thought my life had a hope and purpose again.
Then due to unsuccessful maintenance went to sh*t again, now again thinner and in the gutter. Hoping for the next wave of positivity to come with results RU, topical dutasteride, TM, and so forth... maybe even Estrogen if all else fails. I just need maintenance and some results to get back to a relatively good hair status so I can feel happy again. Don't need NW1. Just somewhat thicker front was enough for me and I could comb it properly. Seeing it thinning kills me.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Just as a further understanding Fred, do you constantly preach the "fact" that nothing will make you feel better without a hairline? Because at least I can understand that, if you're doing it in an encouraging way to make sure everyone who can, will do something about it, but I just doubt that's the case.

I realised this from my own preachings about treatments that most people on here have tried everything already, and they're reading your posts, knowing they've already gone through your advice and got nowhere. So now they have to read about how empty their lives are and how there's nothing they can do about it, and that's simply not fair on them.

This is true. Most people that are on here who dislike our hair loss made significant efforts to fight it. Except today's options really are very limited. Finasteride gave me bad side effects and it doesn't work for everyone, as "whatever" can attest to. And minoxidil didn't do much of anything for me; I really believe it just not nearly strong enough in terms of generating regrowth. And despite the fact that hair transplant's are bandied about on the internet as being some kind of gold standard, they only appeal to like 1% of hair loss sufferers in the first place due to many factors. Most people really want to do something about their hair loss (and try what is available) but there are just such limited options out there. That is why I contributed to send Hellouser to the Hair Congress to give a collective voice to our desire for new, more mainstream, and more effective treatments. And BTW, did Solomon actually go to the Hair Congress a couple of weeks ago in Georgia?