Peapoddy's Story - (25 : Just Starting Finasteride)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalash

Reaction score
When and why did you stop taking Finasteride? And did you find the minoxidil helping? I've been solely on Finasteride for a year and I'm going to do a comparison shot soon, I get the feeling that I've lost a little ground.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just go all the way back to page 1 mate and you'll see my baseline pics! Thanks

sh*t is that you?? Not even joking I thought that was a completely different person and you happened to just hop on the thread

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You look like you're about 220 lbs and lowwww body fat. Roughly how much protein do u get in per day? Is ur diet pretty clean?

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I looked at ur original pics on pg 1. Did u used to lighten ur hair or did treatments darken ur hair over time?

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really tripping on dutasteride seems to be making things worse. Did u get a shed when u started?

You'll obviously experience a shed on dutasteride just like you did using finasteride. Remember dutasteride is a lot stronger than finasteride so the initial shed will likely be worse too.. don't worry about dutasteride not working for you. You're gaurenteed to maintain and regrow using that drug unless you have alopecia totalis

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unreal news i really needed that. How come some people say it “destroyed them” and what not. Also, are u on it?

I've never seen a study on reflex hyperandrogegism with dutasteride. Pretty much everything I've read on dutasteride has been a positive review of the drug, people proclaiming that it has saved their life etc. I'm not using it now, but I've read and know enough about hairloss to last a life time. I research and obsess over it like I'm Norwood 6.. kind of sad tbh

Last edited:

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it makes sense that it would most definitely work better im just scared it wont work tbh. How come u dont use it?

My hair loss isn't bad as of now but the time will come when I begin to use finasteride.. probably quite soon to be honest, considering using it as a preventative measure. Then if and when finasteride eventually stops working for me I'll switch to dutasteride.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why have u researched so much about hair loss if urs isnt even bad enough to use finasteride or something?

Because I value my hair a lot like everyone else does on this forum. Therefore I want to make sure I'm extensively informed within this subject so when I do start to bald, I know what to do and how to save my hair. Identifying and fighting the balding at its earliest stage is key.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Make’s sense. But ur telling me u haven’t seen any negative testimonials on dutasteride? I sure have , and they’re f*****g scary. At this point though, i’d rather just take the risk because i need maintenance like now

Exactly, it's a very small chance that dutasteride will f*** up your hair. The chances of that happening to you are next to none.. I know it's a scary drug to take with the alteration of your hormones but people don't half exaggerate the occurance of side effects on these sites. From reading online you'd think that 9/10 people get sides effects from finasteride which is just bullshit. It's the complete opposite, 1/10 if that. People don't half overdramatise the chances and risks of using these drugs.. like I said, it's dangerous but not to the extent you'd think from reading on forum sites like this.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i havent noticed any sides and ive been on dutasteride for a month now, and finasteride for 6 months before that. Im wondering if should continue taking finasteride at night though?

Just give dutasteride a chance mate, I'd at least wait another 3 months before even considering a judgement yet.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will do. But ur telling me u havent seen any negative dutasteride testimonials? There’s some stupidly bad ones on this sight lol

To be fair I tend to avoid all negative posts on here anyways. Why waste your time reading and channeling negative thoughts when you've got enough of them occupying your mind already. You're asking to be depressed.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
I try not to read negative stuff on dutesteride. I know the risks and right now I'm enjoy the best hair ever and my youth. Keep this discussion going :)

Attachments

• IMG_7976.JPG
    IMG_7976.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,619

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Surprised 2.5mg isn't improving your hair !? How long has it been since taking 2.5mg ..maybe keep driving through this ugly phase and it will improve

f*** yo i feel like dutasteride is messing my hair up. Im at 2.5mg per day its doing nothing

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair got VERY dark

Is the colour change due to the thickening of your hair? If so, guess that goes to show the power of dutasteride. You were basically blonde at the start of this thread and you've gone almost jet black.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is hair darker after dutasteride or the fact that summer is over and ur out of the sun.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't really get an ugly phase I just noticed it slowly improving and darkening. At first I kept cutting my hair super short then gradually I noticed how healthy my hair was looking so I decided to grow it out. Then I had people saying it looked like I was wearing a wig!!!

Its been a few weeks i think. Did u get an ugly phase? How long have u been on it now?

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Def from the dutasteride and minoxidil.My hair is thicker and healthier plain and simple. I just wish my side temple points would move slight forward just to balance my stronger hairline..it's only noticeable when my hair is cut super short I guess

Is the colour change due to the thickening of your hair? If so, guess that goes to show the power of dutasteride. You were basically blonde at the start of this thread and you've gone almost jet black.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Well if you mean from a Norwood 7 to a 0 then hell yeah! But current situation I'm almost 95% happy with my hair as it is so I wouldn't do it.

I need 1500 grafts to close temple points for the icing on the cake. BUT I have to be very selective with which surgeon cause it needs to be such refined work.Im not sure I will go through with it cause I could end up in a worse position ...

@addajc ; hey , as a guy with perfect body and hair ,
if you could be a Norwood 0 with duta but you get a gyno would you do it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.