Peapoddy's Story - (25 : Just Starting Finasteride)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggmuffin5

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does your scalp itch a lot ? Like a crawling sensation ..?

Hi Peapoddy,

First of all, THANK YOU! Thank you for all the support and comfort I have found in reading your blog and seeing your amazing results...
Currently, I am studying in East Asia.. My gf broke up with me as well, 2.5 months ago (3 years together) so I know what you're going through brother...

My boring story you're probably not interested in :
Recently, after coming here on August 15th (Seoul) I've been losing a lot of hair and also it has become so thin that I can't style my hair the way I used to style it for years. I was so shocked that I went to a Dermatologist 3-4 weeks ago, he inspected my scalp, took photos and told me to come back the next week. So I went there again and he told me (in Docter->Korean -> Interpreter -> Broken English --> me) that it is Alopecia androgenetica.. I was so shocked and in denial (baldness is not prevalent in my family at all) and even slipped into a depression.. It took away my whole confidence, I was obsessed with my hair, on my pillow, in the shower .. blah blah.. I know.

Doctor put me on Finasteride (some Korean brand, I cannot read it). He also gave me some shampoo, a tonic and minoxidil.
I've been taking the Finasteride for 12 days now and after 5 days I felt a bit of an ache in my nuts, it's fine now and I don't really feel any side effects anymore (Still sexually active etc).
I haven't tried the minoxidil... yet, I am so worried about the initial shed, also it's some Korean brand (no english instructions whatsoever)... After reading/seeing your results I feel much more confident about gaining my hair back. I am far from bald, but you can definitely see some scalp when it's wet, and the overall density has become significantly less on top...

My questions:
-I have heard about people buying Proscar and cutting it in 4s, I know you've said a million times throughout your blog that you buy your Finasteride on "inhousepharmacy", but which exact one did you use for so many years? is it this one "Finpecia 1mg (Finasteride) by Cipla)
- On some page in your blog I saw that you mentioned to post a video on how you apply Minoxidil, is this video still up? I would love to see it.
- The glass dropper is an amazing alternative, do you still use 3-4 mL of Kirkland liquid? If you apply it to a wet scalp, do you airdry your hair?

You have had this issue for so much longer than I have and you have definitely conquered it. I just wish to learn from the best.

You have already helped me a lot.
Thanks so much!
( 22 Y/o )

eggmuffin5

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since you apply minoxidil twice a day, do you wash your hair twice a day as well? (With either shampoo or keto shampoo)
Thanks again mate

Erland

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't followed your thread that much but I definitely will now.

Why did you change from finasteride to duta?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.