Peapoddy's Story - (25 : Just Starting Finasteride)

Status
Not open for further replies.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had a rough few months ...split up with my GF who i was in love with :(

Anyway my hair is doing OK.Solid at the crown, its my hairline that needs fixing.

Nothing has really changed but makes me wonder if i should of gone for transplant last year ..i was just worried if my hair would suddenly get worse.

This is peapoddy btw

roberto522

Reaction score
I've had a rough few months ...split up with my GF who i was in love with :(

Anyway my hair is doing OK.Solid at the crown, its my hairline that needs fixing.

Nothing has really changed but makes me wonder if i should of gone for transplant last year ..i was just worried if my hair would suddenly get worse.

This is peapoddy btw

sorry to hear about that man i lost my gf last year as well and my hair has gotten thinner and greyer i've stressed so much about it ....your hair looks amazing you should be really happy ...

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone i'm back!

here are some pics i took today ,please note i've been away for 2 months in the sun so my hair has gone very blonde.

hairshot.jpg

I have maintained well, especially my crown.The problem has always been the hairline for me and at times it get's me down.

hairshot3.jpg

It takes ages to style my hair the way i want to and it's mentally exhausting!Many times i've thought about 'letting myself go' and simply buzzing it very short and moving on.But i can't , i simply love hair to much and i really need it to frame my face.My head shape is long and i have more baby face features, so i can't pull off the 'bad boy look'.

I've had many offers for high paid photo shoots but i've depressingly turned them down.I just want to feel good about my hair in pictures, it get's me upset at times turning down potential life changing jobs.And don't get me started with girls its really hit my confidence hard.

I'm still thinking about a possible hair transplant as i've given treatments over 3 years(i'm 28 now) and stuck to it .What are you thoughts on this?Should i go for it and have better hair for many more years.I know it wont last forever, but to feel good about myself while i'm still young is my dream.Any advice i would greatly appreciate

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You look like you may have receded more since you started. However your crown and mid area look good. I would seriously look into a transplant at this point because if you want to cut it shorter at least your hair line will be lower and frame your face differently this it does now. I would rather have a buzz cut with a lower hairline than with a higher hairline. I feel the same way as you as I wish I could just do a buzz cut but I too have a long face and high hairline. So I am going to get my hair line slightly lowered so it a least it will frame my face better in case later down the line I will keep it really short. Unfortunately none of the treatments will restore or save the hair line too well. I have been fighting for 7 years and still its receded slightly and lost some density. However, like you my hair means alot to me so I am going to get a hair transplant with Rahal most likely next year. If I would have the guts to shave my head, I would have had it sooner. I don't want to shave my head even if it is a sacrifice to have something better.

Nickel

Reaction score
Dog, pick yourself up...

You look really good (no homo), and have perfectly sculpted body :D

Long story short, build back your self-esteem, with girls and with job opportunities, hair is not THAT important, yea maybe you would look better with thick Norwood 1, but you can not compare your self to those people who look like a sack of **** turned up side down just because they have great hair..

Im in a smiliar position as you, and i realized that we should start appreciating what we have, and stop comparing ourselves with others.

Even though we fight with same things, my advice for you is buzz it short, i think it will do wonders for you..

DTW

Reaction score
Peapoddy - Regarding getting a hair transplant..If my logic is correct, it's probably best to determine who's hair loss pattern in your family that you are following, or resembles. Since you're only 28, you wouldn't want to get your hairline restored only to recede further in years to come. Make sense?

kumar75

Reaction score
Guys, sorry to side track. but i wanted to know if abstinence is also a key in the regimen we follow?. ( Like ..no masturbation)

Thanks,

MisterMister

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone i'm back!

here are some pics i took today ,please note i've been away for 2 months in the sun so my hair has gone very blonde.

hairshot.jpg

I have maintained well, especially my crown.The problem has always been the hairline for me and at times it get's me down.

hairshot3.jpg

It takes ages to style my hair the way i want to and it's mentally exhausting!Many times i've thought about 'letting myself go' and simply buzzing it very short and moving on.But i can't , i simply love hair to much and i really need it to frame my face.My head shape is long and i have more baby face features, so i can't pull off the 'bad boy look'.

I've had many offers for high paid photo shoots but i've depressingly turned them down.I just want to feel good about my hair in pictures, it get's me upset at times turning down potential life changing jobs.And don't get me started with girls its really hit my confidence hard.

I'm still thinking about a possible hair transplant as i've given treatments over 3 years(i'm 28 now) and stuck to it .What are you thoughts on this?Should i go for it and have better hair for many more years.I know it wont last forever, but to feel good about myself while i'm still young is my dream.Any advice i would greatly appreciate

I noticed that too when on finasteride, the hairline tends to not grow thicker and the hairs grow slower but all the other places the hair grows well especially on the crown. I wonder why finasteride doesn't help regrow the hairline much? It would be awesome if it did.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you think about adding dutasteride once per week? I need to change something up..i have so many thin whispy hair's at the hairline that i could thicken up

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
addajc, I saw your photos on HLH. I did not realize you were a NW3. I still think you would be great candidate for getting a hair transplant but a conservative one due to your age. Honestly dutasteride is not going to do too much for the hair line if Propecia can't. I would not risks the sides either. You are way to young to mess with a drug that may cause infertility. Trust me I have battled with those whispy hairs at the hairline for 6 to 7 years and so far nothing has been able to bring it back. Most drugs can't bring back the hairline but someone like Rahal will. I can understand your position. If I had a body like yours( I tried all my life but my poor genetics and ectomorphic build preventing me from reaching your goal), I wouldn't feel complete unless I had a great head of hair. That is just my opinion that stems from BDD.

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats Peapoddy/Adam Charlton with the award of the #1 ripped physique by bodybuilding.com! I saw you on the facebook site "simpleshredded" and thought "hey! I know this guy".

How is the hair going? You are my inspiration to begin the big 3 btw.

TheEscapist

Established Member
Reaction score
Jesus man, what kind of workouts/lifting do you do to get like that? I mean, I'm 17, but I've been working out for years. I kind of just got to my current size and haven't gained much size anymore.

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to ask do you think finasteride has affected to your body composition ? Do you feel you have / can gain muscle as before finasteride and can you cut also as easily as before ?

Thanks !

bigman

Reaction score
All i can say is, God bless you.

I had given up finding a solution to my hair loss, which is a depressing thought. and you my friend have given me hope - however slim it maybe, theres hope.

Thank you man...
Sam

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
Jesus man, what kind of workouts/lifting do you do to get like that? I mean, I'm 17, but I've been working out for years. I kind of just got to my current size and haven't gained much size anymore.

work hard at the gym, eat, eat and eat some more and then you will need to cut. This is a ongoing cycle. Just check bodybuilding.com there is a tons of information which you can learn to.

Pixman

Reaction score
Holy cow :turned:

I read up to 3 months into the treatment-thread, and the results seem amazing!

I'm on the same medication as you (2x 5% minoxidil but 2.5mg Finasterid, maybe I'll drop the dosage a bit).
Also use it locally/topically by diluting it in a 60ml Kirkland bottle. I'm using it now for a bit more than 45 days and it already shows, that the hair loss has stopped and new hair seems be regrowing, slowly but thick.

The state is absolutely the same as you started the treatment, scalp (especially because of my very light skin and I'm blonde, too) was showing in bright light and also quite a bit in normal daylight, too. Even in December.
I have no pictures to make my point, but so far it looks like I have absolutely no side effects. No itching, no red spots, just a little bit of shedding which already seems to be replaced.

Wish you all the best and hope, my treatment goes aswell as yours. Never change a winning horse ;)

My libido is dead anyway because I seem to have very low testosterone levels (nearly no beard, I can shave NOT for 3 weeks or longer and all you'll see are maybe 5-7mm and very thin beard hair.

While my hair grows very fast on the head generally.

Anybody knows what could be the reason for this? I guess it's that my body has very low testosterone levels but does convert a lot to DHT.
Any recommendations? (Sorry for hijacking btw :))

I'm 26 this month btw, started with 18 already but very slowly. Never saw it because I had my hear as long as to my hips.

Hope you can keep up the good work,

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.