Peapoddy's Story - (25 : Just Starting Finasteride)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess I didn’t realize how low my libido was until I went off!!! I mean it’s fine when I’m on the drug but it’s on a whole different level when I’m off . Hard to control myself actually. It’s scary really

Have you come off the drug (finasteride or dutasteride) multiple times ? I heard thats when the whole PFS thing can happen because the surge of DHT just floods the hypersensitive receptors ? Im on finasteride now and have been for just over a month but the thought of one day coming off is pretty terrifying if its to be met with a crash.

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess I didn’t realize how low my libido was until I went off!!! I mean it’s fine when I’m on the drug but it’s on a whole different level when I’m off . Hard to control myself actually. It’s scary really

Maybe sudden hormonal changes made this libido increase. I don't think this much libido increase normal. Do you have other things like energy drop,feeling exhausted etc. ?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe sudden hormonal changes made this libido increase. I don't think this much libido increase normal. Do you have other things like energy drop,feeling exhausted etc. ?

My guess would be 1) obviously a potent androgen is rushing back into your system and 2) the AR has probably been upregulating itself whilst on the drugs to be as efficient as possible with androgens so when the DHT comes back its rushing onto hypersensitive receptors.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you come off the drug (finasteride or dutasteride) multiple times ? I heard thats when the whole PFS thing can happen because the surge of DHT just floods the hypersensitive receptors ? Im on finasteride now and have been for just over a month but the thought of one day coming off is pretty terrifying if its to be met with a crash.

Nope this was the first time. I just got lazy and didn’t re order in time , then my order got delayed so in total about 7 weeks off

It felt like I had a new lease of life...My thoughts were more positive and clear. By Week 5 off my energy sky rocketed and gym workouts insane. I wasn’t an emotional wreck.. instead I felt mentally strong/positive ,and had more aggression (in a good way)

Week 6 off my libido was insane ... I was going crazy I couldnt handle it. I literally burst into tears with frustration.This is a powerful drug wow

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
It also had no effect on my body. In fact I would say I look leaner and bigger.

I’ll show you 2 pics first one I was 14 years old running track

Second picture current ..after years of hard training and no drugs . I’m 213lbs lean

Attachments

• EA1778FA-2E5A-496F-AC32-9D36A91AE2C4.png
    EA1778FA-2E5A-496F-AC32-9D36A91AE2C4.png
    669.3 KB · Views: 1,286
  • FCDE37A1-63C2-4580-8BE8-4220A46EF2F1.jpeg
    FCDE37A1-63C2-4580-8BE8-4220A46EF2F1.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 1,282

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope this was the first time. I just got lazy and didn’t re order in time , then my order got delayed so in total about 7 weeks off

It felt like I had a new lease of life...My thoughts were more positive and clear. By Week 5 off my energy sky rocketed and gym workouts insane. I wasn’t an emotional wreck.. instead I felt mentally strong/positive ,and had more aggression (in a good way)

Week 6 off my libido was insane ... I was going crazy I couldnt handle it. I literally burst into tears with frustration.This is a powerful drug wow

I mean thats pretty scary.. So where does this leave you mentally in how you want to progress forward ? Obviously you don't want to come off or you f*** your hair but your quality of life off the drug is probably better ?

As for your physique..dude wtf. I'm 24 and have been eating clean and training for almost 10 years. You are a genetic freak. If you ever got on anabolics you'd literally be on the Olympia stage in less than a year.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
I mean thats pretty scary.. So where does this leave you mentally in how you want to progress forward ? Obviously you don't want to come off or you f*** your hair but your quality of life off the drug is probably better ?

As for your physique..dude wtf. I'm 24 and have been eating clean and training for almost 10 years. You are a genetic freak. If you ever got on anabolics you'd literally be on the Olympia stage in less than a year.

I think just ease back on dosage . Find a balance really. So maybe dutasteride 3x week see how I go with that. Thoughts ?

I’m a great minoxidil responder I think most of my thickness is from that . dutasteride will just hold it long term I guess

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think just ease back on dosage . Find a balance really. So maybe dutasteride 3x week see how I go with that. Thoughts ?

I’m a great minoxidil responder I think most of my thickness is from that . dutasteride will just hold it long term I guess

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/who-here-takes-dutasteride-every-other-day.22121/

I suggest checking this thread.

Every other day or 3x week seems have much less effect on 5ar1 so maybe this way it would help your mental health.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score

I mean it cant hurt. dutasteride of course inhibits all 3 types of 5ar. If you could maintain on finasteride that would probably be much better side effect wise. Did you notice any increase in sides when you moved from finasteride to dutasteride ?

thiswomps

Reaction score
Hey peapoddy, been following you since I was like 21. Im 27 now. Weird huh. First post.

I began taking finasteride a year and a half ago.

I have maintained my hair with finasteride but have seriously been wanting to get off it because I took 4 days off due to not reordering a script and I felt amazing.

I'm naturally muscular like you and excel physically. I get a ton or compliments for my physique and bone structure since I was young, but on this drug I have felt only a quarter of what i can really be. I feel down and depressed. It sucks.

Over the years my resiliency has really gone through the roof but off this drug I feel so much more amazing I'm trying to find a way out or at least a way to maintain what i have.

Do you think a few times a week will help you maintain while avoiding sides?

That's the Avenue I'm approaching now.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey peapoddy, been following you since I was like 21. Im 27 now. Weird huh. First post.

I began taking finasteride a year and a half ago.

I have maintained my hair with finasteride but have seriously been wanting to get off it because I took 4 days off due to not reordering a script and I felt amazing.

I'm naturally muscular like you and excel physically. I get a ton or compliments for my physique and bone structure since I was young, but on this drug I have felt only a quarter of what i can really be. I feel down and depressed. It sucks.

Over the years my resiliency has really gone through the roof but off this drug I feel so much more amazing I'm trying to find a way out or at least a way to maintain what i have.

Do you think a few times a week will help you maintain while avoiding sides?

That's the Avenue I'm approaching now.

This is a tough one ! Clearly you care a lot about hair and it seems that finasteride is doing it’s job.Unless you cannot bear the sides anymore I wouldn’t change anything . I know that if my hair went to sh*t going off the drug, I would feel way worse than the sides I’m experiencing.

I’m a great responder to minoxidil! So I feel like cutting back on dutasteride ,but maintaining minoxidil won’t have a negative effect on my hair

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
@thiswomps @addajc if either of you in future come off either drugs taper off extremely slowly . I strongly believe the phenomenon of post Finasteride syndrome is because the rush of DHT onto hypersentive receptors completely fry’s them and desensitises them to the point they no longer recognise androgens. Come off very slowly in future if you do .

thiswomps

Reaction score
This is a tough one ! Clearly you care a lot about hair and it seems that finasteride is doing it’s job.Unless you cannot bear the sides anymore I wouldn’t change anything . I know that if my hair went to sh*t going off the drug, I would feel way worse than the sides I’m experiencing.

I’m a great responder to minoxidil! So I feel like cutting back on dutasteride ,but maintaining minoxidil won’t have a negative effect on my hair

This is pretty much the sacrifice. I've started taking more vitamins and continued the dosage. Although noticed I feel less depressed if I take it at night. I think it's because by the morning its left my system somewhat.

I hope to get a hair transplant if I can retain what I've got. I've got a bit fuller of a hairline then you did after your first transplant (if I read the thread correctly)

Maybe one day I'll be able to taper off finasteride for the most part.

O you take any sort of vitamins that you believe help your overall mood and outlook?

Started taking zinc and multivitamins and eating better. I've never had to rely on anything other then my natural muscle to keep me in shape but now is the time I guess.

@thiswomps @addajc if either of you in future come off either drugs taper off extremely slowly . I strongly believe the phenomenon of post Finasteride syndrome is because the rush of DHT onto hypersentive receptors completely fry’s them and desensitises them to the point they no longer recognise androgens. Come off very slowly in future if you do .

Possibly. Maybe that's why I felt on top of the world so quickly after being off of it.

Who knows. Thanks for the advice.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
@addajc ; you were 14 yo on the track picture???
so dutasteride didn't affect your body in terms of muscle mass and gyno ?
bro you're result are insane !
Did you're bro told you what aromatase inhibitor he was taking ? to avoid the oestrogenic side effect ?

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you're bro told you what aromatase inhibitor he was taking ? to avoid the oestrogenic side effect ?

This has been asked a 100 times already. 50 of those times by yourself probably.

Folks, it's fairly obvious that dutasteride din't have negative effects on his physique.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you're post have inspired a lot of hair loss sufferer man !
As a bodybuilder do you think duta could cause more gyno than fina ?
You still apply an increase amount of minoxidil ? no dark circle ? thanks

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
This has been asked a 100 times already. 50 of those times by yourself probably.

Folks, it's fairly obvious that dutasteride din't have negative effects on his physique.

Yup it had zero effect on my body. No gyno at all .

But it has an effect on libido I think. And possibly depression (although I’m single ,lonely and in a fucked up situation, so who knows if the dutasteride is making me feel worse .

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score

Yes 14.

No I don’t talk to him anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.