Peapoddy's Story - (25 : Just Starting Finasteride)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is my exact regime,

rogain foam in the morning,kirkland minoxidil liquid before bed

nizoral 3x week

finasteride 1mg every morning

Tekidanto said:
Wow. Great improvement. Makes me want to switch my regime. What exactly did you take to get that do?

BadHairUK

Reaction score
Hang in there with the meds.. your looking great now. Your super young and its not a decsion you make unless you really need it.. and from what I can see, you dont need it. If its effecting your confidence in a few years and the meds have held up or even improved things even more... make an educated decision then.. but dont rush into it.. surgery takes a lot of consideration no need to worry they will still be there for you if you really need them in a few years. Looking great mate! :)

oarf11

Established Member
Reaction score
peapoddy, first I'd like to say congrats man, your air is looking awsome!!

I have pretty much the exact same hair texture as you, and I've noticed some thinning in the last 4 months, which is really freaking me out since I'm only 20. I've also been having some other scalp issues, so I'm seeing my derma this week so he can see what's going on up there. I'm really hoping my problem is something other other than male pattern hair loss, ie reaction to medication or something of that nature. If he tells me it's just normal balding though, I'm definitely going to try and get on your system. Your results are fantastic, man.

My hair from the over-top view looks about the same as your current hair, but I've noticed mine seems to be thinning on the crown area along the sides and a select spot on the top left.

I've read some of the side effects of finasteride, so I'm nervous about that, but since I'm young and it's still early, I'm hoping that minoxidil can do the trick.

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score

If its male pattern baldness then get on the big 3 ASAP!

Honestly i was soo scared about taking finasteride but i dont know what the fuss was all about.No side effects at all:)

finasteride will deal with the main balding problem,minoxidil will help with regrowth

Goodluck!!!

oarf11 said:
peapoddy, first I'd like to say congrats man, your air is looking awsome!!

I have pretty much the exact same hair texture as you, and I've noticed some thinning in the last 4 months, which is really freaking me out since I'm only 20. I've also been having some other scalp issues, so I'm seeing my derma this week so he can see what's going on up there. I'm really hoping my problem is something other other than male pattern hair loss, ie reaction to medication or something of that nature. If he tells me it's just normal balding though, I'm definitely going to try and get on your system. Your results are fantastic, man.

My hair from the over-top view looks about the same as your current hair, but I've noticed mine seems to be thinning on the crown area along the sides and a select spot on the top left.

I've read some of the side effects of finasteride, so I'm nervous about that, but since I'm young and it's still early, I'm hoping that minoxidil can do the trick.

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
haha Peapoddy i am speechless for your success ...

btw finpecia its from india its costs in uk euro 13.5 for a 3 strip...

in india i can buy it for 3 strip at 1.50 euro..........

good luck ...............

always older guy like 25 years and above they fallen to success.........

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks ..wow thats cheap!

now that hair is much thicker ,ive decided to grow my hair out ...see how it looks!

raj47 said:
haha Peapoddy i am speechless for your success ...

btw finpecia its from india its costs in uk euro 13.5 for a 3 strip...

in india i can buy it for 3 strip at 1.50 euro..........

good luck ...............

always older guy like 25 years and above they fallen to success.........

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

hair still doing great :woot:

Here are some pics i took today.. not much change ,but i have noticed my hair has gone a little darker!

FLASH
flash.jpg

NO FLASH
noflash1.jpg

noflash.jpg

jimjams

Reaction score
Dude, this is some seriously good regrowth. I have had similar sucess to you, I am not in the success stories but have my story in this section too, feels good to grow your hair back doesn't it? I sank into depression this time last year, it felt like everything was over. But before I get carried away I am still a long way off, my hair feels denser than say 4 years ago.. does yours feel thicker or just look it?

I am currently taking 1mg finasteride daily, rogaine foam once a day (at night) and using nizoral 3 times a day.

Anyway, congratulations mate, you appear to be a good looking fella so now with your new found hair your confidence can go right back up and you can carry on tapping up all them women. ;)

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks jimjams:)

Yeah i was like you.. this time last year i was at my all time lowest!I never expected to grow this much back :woot:

Looking back at my old pics when i was 19/20 ,i feel i'm getting close to the density i had back then.It really does feel thicker... i can tell straight away just by running my hand through it!!!

You have had great success with treatments!!keep it going buddy!

jimjams said:
Dude, this is some seriously good regrowth. I have had similar sucess to you, I am not in the success stories but have my story in this section too, feels good to grow your hair back doesn't it? I sank into depression this time last year, it felt like everything was over. But before I get carried away I am still a long way off, my hair feels denser than say 4 years ago.. does yours feel thicker or just look it?

I am currently taking 1mg finasteride daily, rogaine foam once a day (at night) and using nizoral 3 times a day.

Anyway, congratulations mate, you appear to be a good looking fella so now with your new found hair your confidence can go right back up and you can carry on tapping up all them women. ;)

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just a quick update.

Hair still doing great!Not noticed much improvement since my last pics.I actually found some old pictures when i was 20 and my hair looked alot worse back then!!

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Well time for an update!.Here are some pictures i took about 2 weeks ago.(i will post most recent ones tomorrow)As you can see my hair is much darker and thicker compared to basline pics.

I have been on finasteride for almost 6 months now.No side effects at all from this drug:).I guess now i have no chance of my hairline filling in ...but i kind of expected that.Although my hairline has thickened along the edge so i can style it and hide the receded temples a little.

Its amazing how greedy you get ,as before treatments i would of killed for just my existing hair to thicken up, but now i sometimes wish for a straight hairline.I love the spiked up look but i simply can't pull it off now.

I had a birthday dinner recently and my uncle (who hasnt seen me for many months) commented about how darker my hair was and asked if i dyed it LOL

Here are some pics...

DSC05904.jpg

DSC05903.jpg

This last pic is how my hairline looks with a sprinkle of toppik to help
toppik.jpg

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey peapoddy!

Hair looks great! So you haven't noticed any change while doing workout itensity / regarding muscle mass?

greets

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Shma,thanks:)

no change at all ,infact i am EVEN more leaner than before taking finasteride

here is a pic i took last week

DSC05716.jpg

Shma said:
Hey peapoddy!

Hair looks great! So you haven't noticed any change while doing workout itensity / regarding muscle mass?

greets

oarf11

Established Member
Reaction score
Great stuff, man. Keep doing your thing!

I would kill to have those results in a few months!!!

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
peapoddy said:
Hey Shma,thanks:)

no change at all ,infact i am EVEN more leaner than before taking finasteride

here is a pic i took last week

DSC05716.jpg

Shma said:
Hey peapoddy!

greets
Good to hear that :)
as far as I can remember you posted a pic similar to that before you started finasteride. Would you mind sharing that too?

Are you on any other anabolics/supplements for bodybuilding? I don't know much about the whole thing but I know usually bbuilders do so called cycles etc.

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Shma,

The only supplement i take is whey protein.I've never taken creatine and i wouldnt go near steriods EVER... my hair wouldnt last long going on a cycle!!.I like to keep that natural look and not bulk up anymore.

I will have a look for any older pics before taking finasteride

Status
Not open for further replies.