Peapoddy's Story - (25 : Just Starting Finasteride)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I think it's funny that so many people want to believe it's the protein powder and how much you sleep and supplements you take rather than how hard you workout in the gym and what you eat that determines how good you look and how strong you get. Everything else is secondary.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I've often wondered about the genetics. Has there ever been a test where a significant number of people spend time doing a strict "body building" routine and diet and then have the results measured?

edit - P.S. awesome legs :)

sandyc

Established Member
Reaction score
I think genetics have something to do with it.

I can work out my arms, shoulders, chest for two weeks and get results that my friends take months to get.

Peapoddy, can you fit in jeans with your legs being that muscular? Also, what is your opinion on resistance bands? I realise you lift super heavy stuff but just curious on your opinion. I find them great for muscle density.

jonathan123

Reaction score
its not only genetics, its food, sleep, motivation and a lot of hard work.
but genetics could help you a lot in bodybuilding.
its kinda wierd how most of the bodybuilders are bald.(well exept jay cutler)

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
I think it's funny that so many people want to believe it's the protein powder and how much you sleep and supplements you take rather than how hard you workout in the gym and what you eat that determines how good you look and how strong you get. Everything else is secondary.

Well actually diet comes first (including protein powder)... its something like 70% diet and 30% the actual work out.....

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
@Ori83,your about right i guess...

However for me its more about training... i would say 60% and 40% diet!

I am by no means on strict diet .Never count my carbs ,protein ect...

I dont do this meal plan bodybuilder's use..like 6 meals in one day!!I wouldnt have a life lol

breakfast, bagel with peanutbutter,bowl of cereal(cheerios or special K)

1 banana, pre workout

protein shake, post workout

Lunch,beans on toast and chocolate yogurt

Snacks,apple,chocolate,cup of coffee

Dinner,depends what i fancy...salmon,steak,pizza,chips.....

Snacks,Chocolate cake,orange,yogurt....

Before sleep,bowl of cereal,1 slice of toast with peanut butter,glass of milk

Thats just an example..i'm never craving carbs or feel hungry

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
@sandyc,

Yeah jean can be a nightmare to fit into lol!

I've not really tried the resistance bands although they do look really good for toning...i dont just lift super heavy weights... i'm also doing a 45 minute circuit session(light weights but really intense!)

sandyc

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about being a personal trainer just based on your body? I see lots round by me and it's usually hard to tell who the trainer is and who the customer is.

How long does it take for you to get Finpecia? I'm in the UK and it's been about 15 days now.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Ori83 said:
TheGrayMan2001 said:

Well actually diet comes first (including protein powder)... its something like 70% diet and 30% the actual work out.....

If you don't actually work out you won't see any results. You'll see results no matter what your diet is. You can't get to 6% bodyfat like peapoddy but you'll see noticeable results no matter what you eat.

finfighter said:
TheGrayMan2001 said:

Not to mentinon one little important factor called genetics :whistle:

Genetics isn't that important. Almost anyone can get to 10% bodyfat and have a pretty impressive muscle mass with a good workout and eating the proper calorie amount. You might not be as big or shredded as peapoddy (he is genetically gifted in response to training) nor will results come as easily, but if you put in a decent amount of work you'll get what you want.

I think a lot of you guys just want to believe it's something other than the actual hard work in the gym that gets someone the body they want. It's a lot easier to eat a little more healthy and eat some protein powder than actually stay consistent in the gym, sweating, and making yourself tired.

It isn't genetics. It's just a lack of willpowder and consistency.

dhl

Reaction score
Great results Peapod! I hope I have similar results.

I'd like to know the same as Sandy. I'm going to buy finasteride by the end of this week. Inhouse Pharmacy.biz right? How much do you pay and for how many pills? Do you cut your pills and how do you do this? I'm from the UK I should add.

I've been following this thread for some time now and I have finally decided to give this fight a REAL go.

Vitamins, shampoo's, saw palmetto etc, just haven't worked for me. My scalp is so itchy 24/7, I have tried everything from tea tree oil, emu oil, T-GEL, now I have started to use Nizoral again but even that doesn't work. I hope my scalp dryness and inflammation is caused by DHT getting to my scalp and finasteride will sort this, but I don't even know if this is possible. :dunno:

The hair that falls out all have white ends (the ends that were once attached to my scalp). I can gently pull at any hair on the temples or the top of my scalp and it will come loose. I hate seeing fallen hairs but i can't help but pull at them. My hairloss has become an obsession.

I'm really looking forward to starting finasteride as soon as possible. Maybe minoxidil 6 months into starting treatment.

Thanks for the inspiration. :)

the_dude

Reaction score
Those legs are absolutely massive. I frequent bb forums quite often but this is something ive almost never seen :shock: . I feel so puny now :(

blink

Established Member
Reaction score
so peapoddy, was your friend worse off than you before he started dutasteride? and is he better off than you currently? thanks

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
I would say yeah his crown was much more thinned out!

Now he's very close to my thickness .One thing we both noticed was how dark are hair got(both natural blondes).. it was really obvious for friends and family to notice!

maidstone

Reaction score
Just got a quick question for you Peapoddy.

You say you take 1mg of finasteride a day. Was this prescribed to you by your doctor or was it more of a preference thing?

I asked because my doctor prescribed 2.5 mg every second day.

kjetils

Reaction score
Hey peapoddy!

Was just wondering how your darkening has progressed? I have been on Big 3 for 21 days now, and it seems like more and more hairs turn darker. My hair is naturally very blonde, so if I look closely I can see when a single hair has darkened. I find more and more of these hairs almost every day.

Did this happen to you also? Did eyebrows and beard also darken? Do you think this darkening happens more frequently at where you topically apply the minoxidil or does it distribute evenly?

Thanks!

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
@maidstone,

No perscription, i order my finasteride from inhouse pharmacy online..

1mg per day

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
@kjetils,

Yeah darkening has stopped now(anymore and i would be almost black lol)

I gues this is just the more healthy thicker hairs that have grown through

Now its almost summer, i expect my hair to go a nice blonde color from the sun:)

maidstone

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Was there ever a time you stopped the big 3 for a period of time and notice your hair thinning again?

Status
Not open for further replies.