Peapoddy's Story - (25 : Just Starting Finasteride)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Hey Peapoddy, don't mean to annoy you, I'm sure you get plenty of questions.

How much Rogaine foam are you using on top? I was reading through this topic and saw that you were using nearly two capfuls at one point. Are you still using the same amount?

I also saw that, when using liquid minoxidil, you were using around 3ml. Are you still using that, or did you reduce the amount to prevent white flakes?

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Np more than happy to help:)

I get through 1 can of foam in around 2 weeks . I don't use the cap I just apply directly to my scalp

Liquid I use 3-4 ml to cover my whole head.I do get some flaking , however I clear the flakes from my scalp using a brush once a week. I think it's important to keep your scalp clear so the minoxidil gets through

Mr. P

Reaction score
peapoddy said:
Np more than happy to help:)

I get through 1 can of foam in around 2 weeks . I don't use the cap I just apply directly to my scalp

Liquid I use 3-4 ml to cover my whole head.I do get some flaking , however I clear the flakes from my scalp using a brush once a week. I think it's important to keep your scalp clear so the minoxidil gets through

Holy carp, 3-4 ml? I've got fairly long hair on top and find even 2 ml is pushing the boundaries with regards to having that stuff drip off of my head. Do you just rub it in as you apply it or something?

Also, have you been using that dosage for a while? I've just been doing a morning and night application of 1 ml every day since I started minoxidil last April just because that's been the recommended amount.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting that it adds to his success. Just want to know if he uses whey concentrate or isolate, etc. All proteins r not the same

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Just an update thought i would share it with you

Had an awful few weeks of worry....found a lump close to my testicle which really concerned me(cancer).Had an ultra sound scan and it was confirmed to be a cyst(epididymal).Nothing to worry about

phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww let me tell you those 2 weeks of waiting for results were terrible!I didnt care about my pathetic hairline worries!I would rather be slick bald but healthy...

Soo guys i hope you check yourself down there!Any lump on the testicle must be checked out!Most lumps free floating and not attached to the testicle are not cancerous.I was lucky as i have a feeling this lump was around for months before i finally noticed it.

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
@finfighter

The lump is about the size of a pea and its in the head of the epididymis (top part but not attached to the testicle)

Yeah yours is the same.Testicular cancer always presents itself as a solid mass growing from inside the testicle.Any lumps embedded in the surface of the testicle are to be taken seriously.

There is no need to remove it unless it suddenly becomes painful or grows alot

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Other then cancer it could also be Varicocele, which can f*** you up bad too, so you might want a doctor to check it out, i had my Varicocele surgery at 17... it was awefull :thumbdown2:

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
happy for you it was just a cyst. Must have been a horrible week for you.

FTWP

Reaction score
hey unbelievable results. i have a question peapoddy. this question probably has been asked before but i don't want to look through 35 pages of posts, you know? do you remember when you first started taking the propecia. How long did it take for you to really notice that your hair stopped falling out as a result of the propecia...or slowed down significantly? were you losing tons of hairs a day in the shower BEFORE you started? did it take a few days? weeks? months? Thanks man

I am a diffuse thinner like you, slight receding hairline, same age, eat right. i want to try propecia but....you know, sides scare the hell outta me but your success makes me want to give it a try.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice results dude, truely awesome regrowth! :bravo:

Got a question though... How long did it take with your current regime before you saw any regrowth? Also, how long did it take for the regrown hair to become as thick and long as the rest of the hair?

Seeing some little regrowth myself, and want to know what I can expect. Thanks a lot for your help.

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
To be honest i dont take whey protein that often...its more about the eating in general and not snacking on sugary junk foods!

Then again in my teens i eated CRAP and i still had the bodybuilder shape and was ripped to shreds.Over the years the training and extra protein has helped me put on some size ,but in terms of bodyfat/shape i'm the same as i ever was

When i was 13 i could sprint the 100m in 11 seconds which shows i was naturally athletic.Some of my mate's keep bugging me to try and get MASSIVE like those pro bodybuilders, but i personally think it looks sick!!Would much rather stay lean and athletic

willem07

Reaction score
Your temples look perfect, congratulations on your fantastic results.

One question I haven't seen asked is what % of minoxidil are you using? 5%?

muddyball

Established Member
Reaction score
Peapoddy, amazing results youve got, are you from the uk? I am, I like you keep myself very fit, Im an ex professional footballer - 30yrs old. Im terrified of starting finasteride but like you have lost a bit in the temples, which annoys me due to having to style my hair a certain way.

Can I ask what you use and where u get it from?

Thanks pal

Status
Not open for further replies.