PDRN, an unknown powerhouse for androgenic alopecia

namdete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is PDRN injected directly or should it be mixed with a etanol or other thinks before injecting?

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Pelopeleon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
P O R N, an unknown powerhouse for androgenic alopecia.

PD. Thank you for your research efforts.

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it seems to me that fibrosis is the main reason why there is a point of no return for miniaturized hair follicles. If you can sufficiently eliminate that then you can rescue them or create new ones through wounding. However, reducing fibrosis alone won't induce stem cells to start proliferating again. For that you need to upregulate Wnt/b-catenin.
Do you think that taurine helps with fibrosis?

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't think so, his reviews are great and I had a positive experience. He was on top of Cassiopea's AA almost immediately.
He should’ve at least had the decency to follow that statement up with a brief explanation imo. Not saying he isn’t a great doctor or anything but I’d love to hear his reasoning on that. Would you be able to ask him to expand on why it complicates things if you contact him again? (Whether the patients used a roller or a stamp would be useful to know also)

castleborder

My Regimen
Reaction score
Injections of the formulation to the scalp

Multiple, tiny, and virtually painless intradermal injections of the solution are administered into the scalp skin. The injections are given using an insulin syringe, with a 31G needle. These injections are given in all areas of visible hair thinning and alopecia. A total of 1.5 ml of solution are injected per session by the nappage technique in the affected areas, , . Approximately 60–70 injections are given per session to the scalp skin in the areas of hair thinning, intradermally by the nappage technique, each injection spaced 1 cm apart, the total volume per injection being 0.02 ml.

That's how you need to do it for it to spread.
Do you know at what depth the needle should be injected to?

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't understand. Injecting may be superior. Since for some it might be complicated at home, why not get the gel and just do deep wounding and massage the gel.
??

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand. Injecting may be superior. Since for some it might be complicated at home, why not get the gel and just do deep wounding and massage the gel.
??
question is how deep we need to go. bc that determines how often we can use the cream. i can only go 1,5mm ever 5 days or so. and it's questionable this is advisable in the first place

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They did it at weekly intervals in teh study. I just noticed they finish the treatment by adding topicals

After obtaining written informed consent, eight patients (mean age: 35.1 years; age range: 29–46 years) were randomly selected to receive 12 sessions of 1,927-nm fractionated thulium laser treatment (LASEMDTM; Lutronic Corp., Goyang, Korea) in combination with intra-perifollicular injections of PDRN (Placentex® integro; Mastelli Ltd., Sanremo, Italy) at weekly intervals. In each session, the scalp was first cleansed with 70% ethanol, and then, a total of 100–140 shot counts of thulium laser energy was delivered to frontal, mid, and vertex areas of the scalp at a power of 5 W and an energy of 6 mJ under a static operating mode (Fig. 1). Each pulse generated 40 fractionated zones of thermal injury over an area of about 10 mm × 4 mm along the scalp; the diameter of each individual thermal injury zone was about 100 μm. Next, 2 ml of PDRN was injected into the deep dermis along the frontal, mid, and vertex areas. Immediately after the treatment, a 3-ml mixture of d-panthenol (250 mg/ml), nicotinamide (20 mg/ml), riboflavin (2 mg/ml), biotin (250 μg/ml), and zinc sulfate (1 mg/ml) were applied topically to the scalp.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went in to visit a hairloss doctor here in NYC a few years ago. Kept in touch with him, last I heard he was talking to compounding pharmacies to formulate a topical clascoterone for hairloss. I may summarize this info for him to see what he thinks.

Side note: he did mention that micro needling could complicate hair transplant surgery.
Heard a bit of this from all over. I'd love to hear why these doctors would be so quick to jump on this stuff when the efficacy is a complete mystery.

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still think this is worth it to try with daily light needling.
I would say biweekly or weekly injections are much better. With an average molecular weight of 135kDa, no way topical administration will be efficient, even with a slight microneedling sadly.
Also, injection is the method used in studies, so it's probably the way to go. If you want to use it topically then it's not needling but pure wounding that you need.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The vials are cheap so still worth a try imo.

But yes injecting is much better but we should find a way that makes this easy applicable.
I will try that jet lnjector to see if it’s as painful as John said