PDRN, an unknown powerhouse for androgenic alopecia

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
^ It's sold in a gel for wound healing, and for all other purposes it's sold in vials for injection. For hair growth it needs to penetrate several mm deep. There is no penetration needed for wound healing.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jet injection: I bought a Robbins device last year. I used it to inject PTD DBM on my scalp. The strength of the discharge was so strong that I threw up and I was dizzy for a couple of hours. So unless the injector provides variable strength I would not recommend it

I got some hypodermic 32G 4mm disposable needles

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jet injection: I bought a Robbins device last year. I used it to inject PTD DBM on my scalp. The strength of the discharge was so strong that I threw up and I was dizzy for a couple of hours. So unless the injector provides variable strength I would not recommend it

wow this sounds awful

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Does not sound good. If I go with insulin needles, what if I inject in slightly different places every day to avoid f*****g my skin up. Can this large molecule then spread around the area once it’s in the subcutaneous layer?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does not sound good. If I go with insulin needles, what if I inject in slightly different places every day to avoid f*****g my skin up. Can this large molecule then spread around the area once it’s in the subcutaneous layer?
You're not going to do daily scalp injections with insulin needles. You will give up on that idea very quickly. As to how much it will spread, my guess is not much. I don't know how different you you were thinking, but you'll need dozens of injections, every cm2 or so. If you really want to try this I would focus on testing it in one small spot and see how well it does. If the results are miraculous then worry about how to do it on your entire scalp.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're not going to do daily scalp injections with insulin needles. You will give up on that idea very quickly. As to how much it will spread, my guess is not much. I don't know how different you you were thinking, but you'll need dozens of injections, every cm2 or so. If you really want to try this I would focus on testing it in one small spot and see how well it does. If the results are miraculous then worry about how to do it on your entire scalp.
Yeah I was thinking a small area on my hairline. Maybe move my syringe 0.5 cm-1cm

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found this article that goes into using microneedling and sonophoresis to increase absorption.

I’m not sure if salon grade sonophoresis machines are any different but you can buy them on Amazon.
I would assume it doesn't actually work until there is a study showing it improves penetration. Just like PRP microneedle treatments have been demonstrated not to be absorbed yet people still happily take your money for it

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would assume it doesn't actually work until there is a study showing it imprints penetration. Just like PRP microneedle treatments have been demonstrated not to be absorbed yet people still happily take your money for it
Yeah the cliched, spiritual beauty vibe from the article isn’t a good sign...

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think the PDRN would be able to spread 1 cm?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think the PDRN would be able to spread 1 cm?
Half cm maybe. If it doesn't at least you will still get an idea of it works. There will be cross sections within your small test area that will get some exposure most every day.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Half cm maybe. If it doesn't at least you will still get an idea of it works. There will be cross sections within your small test area that will get some exposure most every day.
Awesome! I will try that.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope it works out. This stuff does look promising.
Hope so too. Yes it looks very promising. Especially in establishing an environment conditioned for regrowth. Which can be supplemented with a WNT agonist. To get regrowth we have to handle a broad spectrum of targets. This one hits heavy on a lot of pathways imo.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hope so too. Yes it looks very promising. Especially in establishing an environment conditioned for regrowth. Which can be supplemented with a WNT agonist. To get regrowth we have to handle a broad spectrum of targets. This one hits heavy on a lot of pathways imo.
Yes, it seems to me that fibrosis is one of the reasons why there is a point of no return for miniaturized hair follicles. If you can sufficiently eliminate that then you can rescue them or create new ones through wounding. However, reducing fibrosis alone won't induce stem cells to start proliferating again. For that you need to upregulate Wnt/b-catenin.

Last edited:

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Injections of the formulation to the scalp

Multiple, tiny, and virtually painless intradermal injections of the solution are administered into the scalp skin. The injections are given using an insulin syringe, with a 31G needle. These injections are given in all areas of visible hair thinning and alopecia. A total of 1.5 ml of solution are injected per session by the nappage technique in the affected areas, , . Approximately 60–70 injections are given per session to the scalp skin in the areas of hair thinning, intradermally by the nappage technique, each injection spaced 1 cm apart, the total volume per injection being 0.02 ml.

That's how you need to do it for it to spread.

Last edited: