PDRN, an unknown powerhouse for androgenic alopecia

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just read a study for female pattern hair loss that used this and or prp subcutaneous injections
both substances created new follicles and hairs
that was enough to sell me I just ordered some vials to apply before derma rolling
also trying to source the cream for normal topical application as well
Yes I saw that study. Now imagine if we increase frequency of application to every day. Potential is high!

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting post Follicleguardian

Regarding penetration
"Polydeoxyribonucleotide (PDRN) is an Oncorhynchus mykiss (salmon trout) or Oncorhynchus keta (chum salmon) sperm DNA polymer with a specific molecular weight between 50 and 1,500 kDa"
Yes the kDa is too high. I am going to do 0.25 mm dermarolling 3-4 x a week before application and use DMSO for penetration.

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
17.9 ± 13.2 / 13.5 ± 10.7 / 23.2 ± 15.5 These are pretty high margin of error. It doesn't seem very powerful but worth a try on early stages of hairloss I assume.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The study shows hair count increase of almost 20% compared to baseline, what the f**k.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
17.9 ± 13.2 / 13.5 ± 10.7 / 23.2 ± 15.5 These are pretty high margin of error. It doesn't seem very powerful but worth a try on early stages of hairloss I assume.
Wow that’s high variability! Keep in mind these are injections though. Probably better results than Histogen haha

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The study shows hair count increase of almost 20% compared to baseline, what the f**k.
"Comparison analyses between the two groups revealed that combined therapy with PRP and PDRN induces greater improvement in hair thickness than treatment with PDRN therapy alone (p = 0.031), but not in hair counts (p > 0.05). "
I think it can help anyway, but it will be far less efficient on area that do not have a lot of hair in higher Norwood. For example, it might work for me as I'm only NW2 with good amount of vellusaround my original hairline, but less for a NW4 with very miniaturized hair.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Comparison analyses between the two groups revealed that combined therapy with PRP and PDRN induces greater improvement in hair thickness than treatment with PDRN therapy alone (p = 0.031), but not in hair counts (p > 0.05). "
I think it can help anyway, but it will be far less efficient on area that do not have a lot of hair in higher Norwood. For example, it might work for me as I'm only NW2 with good amount of vellusaround my original hairline, but less for a NW4 with very miniaturized hair.
Could this mean that PDRN may be effective in hair follicle neogenesis? Much of it’s mechanism is to create a good environment with blood vessels, growth factors and adipose tissue/Extracellular matrix. Would be interesting to experiment with this and microneedling.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• 29102739-8FAD-4FA9-8056-931731168A92.jpeg
    29102739-8FAD-4FA9-8056-931731168A92.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 113

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just tried ordering from eFarma and they don't ship this product outside of Italy. Any sources that ship to US. Pre-mixed if possible.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just tried ordering from eFarma and they don't ship this product outside of Italy. Any sources that ship to US. Pre-mixed if possible.
Farmasia loreto gallo or superhumanstore

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ye those pics are good. Follicles started producing 2 hairs instead of 1. Healthy scalp usually has multiple of those. Anyways, how long are people using this on discord or have you just started?
Just started

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This one is pretty impressive:
View attachment 156286
If true, EXTREMELY impressive.
I am confused. I read it. They provide no background on PDRN, as if it has been used previously and its effect has been established. This is F** impressive. Looking at the pictures. You can tell the health of the scalp has changed dramatically. It went looking like my thinning area to my donor area. This is the exact same thing in my microscopic pictures. If this is true, @FollicleGuardian you are a follicle guardian.
These are typical in this literature.

These numbers are very high. I wish they evaluated them in #hairs/cm2. Keep in mind though women, like mice, usually respond better to treatments. (histogen, prp, follica, you name it).