PDRN, an unknown powerhouse for androgenic alopecia

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m doing a novel experiment with it. Injections every month or so has been tested. But the half life is in the one digit hour range. So i’m doing 1-2x application per day. What do you think @pegasus2 ? imo injections are weak compared to daily applications. So if injections produce results this can be very powerful.
Maybe microneedling will increase the effectiveness

Throwaway99

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like a few places in Asia use this already?

I can’t post links but a google search brings up some Korean clinics which use this as a topical injection.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like a few places in Asia use this already?

I can’t post links but a google search brings up some Korean clinics which use this as a topical injection.
Yes there are clinics who use this. But i’m more interested in frequent (daily) application of this. Especially with the cream every day for those with temple recession. And use it with microneedling, furthermore also in conjunction with other treatments.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m doing a novel experiment with it. Injections every month or so has been tested. But the half life is in the one digit hour range. So i’m doing 1-2x application per day. What do you think @pegasus2 ? imo injections are weak compared to daily applications. So if injections produce results this can be very powerful.

Rubbing it on your scalp is totally different from a diabetic ulcer. I think the molecular weight is too high to get good absorption without needling and dmso.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rubbing it on your scalp is totally different from a diabetic ulcer. I think the molecular weight is too high to get good absorption without needling and dmso.
I think the cream has lower kDA than the injection solution. Otherwise the cream would not have been approved if it didn’t even penetrate through the skin?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the cream has lower kDA than the injection solution. Otherwise the cream would not have been approved if it didn’t even penetrate through the skin?
It's only used on open wounds, right?

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's only used on open wounds, right?
You’re right. What if I use DMSO and/or microneedling with 0.3 mm 2-3 x week before application?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re right. What if I use DMSO and/or microneedling with 0.3 mm 2-3 x week before application?

I would think that would be a lot better than monthly injections. Even better to apply it immediately before microneedling.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Might consider adding this just along the temples with needling. Would .25mm or .5mm be deep enough, in your opinion?
.25 is deep enough. You just need to break the outermost layer of skin. The rest it can penetrate with the solvent

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
.25 is deep enough. You just need to break the outermost layer of skin. The rest it can penetrate with the solvent
How often do you reckon we can microneedle 0.25 mm without causing damage?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
How often do you reckon we can microneedle 0.25 mm without causing damage?
Some people have done it every day for years. Somebody's story comes to mind. Five years or so he needled daily. I wouldn't go crazy with a pen device. Just a quick sweep

CastorTroy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just read a study for female pattern hair loss that used this and or prp subcutaneous injections
both substances created new follicles and hairs
that was enough to sell me I just ordered some vials to apply before derma rolling
also trying to source the cream for normal topical application as well

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just read a study for female pattern hair loss that used this and or prp subcutaneous injections
both substances created new follicles and hairs
that was enough to sell me I just ordered some vials to apply before derma rolling
also trying to source the cream for normal topical application as well

Can you link the study?

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was just listening to a podcast with Dr. Paus and he said pretty much everything that is good for wound healing is good for hair and vice versa.
So very nice find man. It is injected in the knee in some studies with no adverse effects (as far as I understood! Don't take my word for it).

Here is a link about wound healing properties. I expect you guy to hopefully report back in 3-4 months and please take pictures.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting post Follicleguardian

Regarding penetration
"Polydeoxyribonucleotide (PDRN) is an Oncorhynchus mykiss (salmon trout) or Oncorhynchus keta (chum salmon) sperm DNA polymer with a specific molecular weight between 50 and 1,500 kDa"