P-3074 (polichem Topical Finasteride) Phase Iii Just Ended.

Dimmer97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's same as oral in terms or sides and efficacy, then I think the answer is no.
You're right. But I believe that the lower doses reduced scalp dht by 50% and serum dht by only 25% if that's the case I think this would be a good option for those who don't take finasteride because of the sides.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
well we dont know if it will have an effect on their pursuit of bringing it to market because they didn't test for actual dht levels in the blood and by the tests results that they did do, oral finasteride didn't give any sides either so I dont know how it would be a factor for them to not continue with producing this

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk why people would be hyped for topical finasteride? I can’t take finasteride due to sides but I’m thinking of taking topical dutasteride because it’s harder for it to come systemic and is stronger than finasteride. Why aren’t more people using it?

benjaminfranklin

My Regimen
Reaction score
What I like about topical is that if you want, you can take much less of the drug much more easily than with the oral form. Applying less of a topical compound is much easier than cutting a 1mg pill into small pieces, or however else some people take smaller doses. I can see it being easier to taper up on topical. (There is some debate about the proper dosage for the drug, so for people who think they can get benefits with less of the drug, it might be a good option.)

Also worth noting that although there is variance in the vehicle and whatnot, any compounding pharmacy can make topical finasteride.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was very interested in this a while ago but as far as I can tell they’ve not bothered to demonstrate that the product doesn’t significantly reduce DHT which was the whole point of the product in the first place. It was suggested as a product that would have similar efficacy to finasteride with a reduced hormonal impact, that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Conspiracy hat on...

I actually think theres a chance they did test DHT levels on this, saw that they dropped and didnt include within results but who knows. It could still be an option for some people who want to have a punt at inhibiting 5AR locally until Breezula is out for the masses, thats if this gets released anytime soon, if not then theres really no point as CB will hopefully be out in 3 years

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/26636418/

This link is polichems trial results for serum vs scalp dht for anyone who wants to know. I think this is from their phase 2 results but I cant be sure. It shows that 100μ and 200μ only decreases serum dht by roughly 25% and scalp dht by roughly 45%. Just dropping incase someone wanted to view it themselves.
100ul-200ul seems pretty much useless unless you have a very defined bald spot. maybe it could be diluted but that pretty much ruins the concept of having a "special" vehicle which this product/study is based upon
25% reduction seems to be enough to ruin some people's lives, based on what they report "0.25mg per week fina gave me persistent erectile dysfunction"
maybe using it as drops? as an example, 100uL of minoxidil 2% is enough to give me horrible palpitations and skipped beats that last for several hours so this is a very frustrating subject.

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m fairly sure it’s, for all intents and purposes, dead in the water. Unless I’m mistaken, they never tested systemic dht levels, what’s the point if not to prevent systemic dht reduction?

Dimmer97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m fairly sure it’s, for all intents and purposes, dead in the water. Unless I’m mistaken, they never tested systemic dht levels, what’s the point if not to prevent systemic dht reduction?
I think they did in their phase 2. The link was posted earlier in this thread

recedingdude123

My Regimen
Reaction score

dead in what sense? they've filed for approval in Europe back in September. should be sent to EC for final approval sometime around April

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what is the thing about this there are about dozen that i know of topical finasteride products is it the official stamping seal of approval of a already wildly available product or do they have better product than every one else?

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
what is the thing about this there are about dozen that i know of topical finasteride products is it the official stamping seal of approval of a already wildly available product or do they have better product than every one else?
Does it or does it not go systemic?

brehsbrehsbrehs

My Regimen
Reaction score
id like to know this too