P-3074 (polichem Topical Finasteride) Phase Iii Just Ended.

MedicinallyCompetent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea about:
A) When the study will be released to the public?
B) If it's efficacious - how long to market?

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A) Sometimes this year, they said it in their financial statement.
B) Hard to tell, usually it takes roughly one year after phase III. Could be less or much more though. (Obviously if the FDA approves it).

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since more than 10 years ago i use this :
NIght
Alpha estradiol lotion
A lotion compound in a local pharmacy with Minoxidil 5 % plus Ketoconazole 2 %
Spironolactone cream

Since almost 5 month ago :
Cetirizine drops 1 % 2ml daily in the entire scalp.

None side effects at all. The night lotion I apply it 30 minutes away one from the other . The cetirizine drops I live it for at least 4 hours ( or as much as I can cause hair style )

With topical ceti, did you experience shedding at first ? cause it looks like i am (2 weeks in)

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't oral more effective than topical? Or are people excited about the topical version because it could mean less sides potential, despite the lesser efficacy?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't oral more effective than topical? Or are people excited about the topical version because it could mean less sides potential, despite the lesser efficacy?
it spouse that it will give less side effects. But remember that Merck told us that the propecia side effects was only 2% ( yep, bid LOL ) .
The only thing that real matter, are lab numbers. How much DHT is actually inhibit by this topical formulation ? Till we don't have that info, is useless. Even so, I really think it is a none sense treatment, out of time.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Theres nothing else out as of yet so if this comes out first and is effective with less sides it may be the only option for many

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since more than 10 years ago i use this :
NIght
Alpha estradiol lotion
A lotion compound in a local pharmacy with Minoxidil 5 % plus Ketoconazole 2 %
Spironolactone cream

Since almost 5 month ago :
Cetirizine drops 1 % 2ml daily in the entire scalp.

None side effects at all. The night lotion I apply it 30 minutes away one from the other . The cetirizine drops I live it for at least 4 hours ( or as much as I can cause hair style )
Aren't you the guy who was on dutasteride for years and skipped over finasteride because you heard duta is more effective?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Aren't you the guy who was on dutasteride for years and skipped over finasteride because you heard duta is more effective?
I was on Finasteride for 4 years and then on dutasteride for almost 15 years . I stoped more than 6 month ago . I did not " heard " , it is more effective.
I am the living example that you can deny the side effects, but there are there.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
What are you talking ? did you read studies ? there are tons of things out there.

What is out there that has been proven to work with studies?

Im hopeful for seti dont get me wrong im even going in on the group buy but I really want to see more results before I think that its a wonder solution

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is out there that has been proven to work with studies?

Im hopeful for seti dont get me wrong im even going in on the group buy but I really want to see more results before I think that its a wonder solution
Really ? Minoxidil, ketoconazole, cetirizine, alfa estradiol, etc, etc, etc, etc
Now, if you only go for the FDA approve treatment, that is a whole different story. But , keep in mind they approve finasteride, how seriously are they ?

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really ? Minoxidil, ketoconazole, cetirizine, alfa estradiol, etc, etc, etc, etc
Now, if you only go for the FDA approve treatment, that is a whole different story. But , keep in mind they approve finasteride, how seriously are they ?

They approved it because these studie were for lets say.. 6-12 months ?.. I dont wanna know what finasteride will do to your body the first year, but what it does after a decade ! .. right ?

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So this is finasteride and something else, or just finasteride? Is it the vehicle P-3074 that makes it work well?

Why can't someone just make their own topical finasteride? Buy finasteride powder and a vehicle and that's it?

I just want to know if this is something I should get excited for?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
They approved it because these studie were for lets say.. 6-12 months ?.. I dont wanna know what finasteride will do to your body the first year, but what it does after a decade ! .. right ?
Exactly . IN a common person, DHT and Estradiol go hand to hand, are like the ying and yang . If one goes up, the other goes up , and vice-versa . Progesterone is a main hormone that regulate that.
Now, thing how crazy the body get if you eliminate one of them in the game ? . Estrogen, just in the first year goes up a 20 % , but they don't have the opposite hormone . DHT, to counteract the E side effects !. So, with time, body stop the production of progesterone ( Cause the body try to do whatever it can to produce DHT ) and the Estrogen go to high and then Free testosterone go to low ( Cause the T is convert it into Estrogen instead of Free T ) , etc .

But, What is worst , and that we didn't know it 20 years ago, is that 5-alpha reductase is part of many other reaction in the body, for example, the convertion of pregnolone to allopregnolone ( a neurohormone that "kill" anxiety ) and that is why many people suffer for anxiety and depression ( if not all ) while they are on Finasteride.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly . IN a common person, DHT and Estradiol go hand to hand, are like the ying and yang . If one goes up, the other goes up , and vice-versa . Progesterone is a main hormone that regulate that.
Now, thing how crazy the body get if you eliminate one of them in the game ? . Estrogen, just in the first year goes up a 20 % , but they don't have the opposite hormone . DHT, to counteract the E side effects !. So, with time, body stop the production of progesterone ( Cause the body try to do whatever it can to produce DHT ) and the Estrogen go to high and then Free testosterone go to low ( Cause the T is convert it into Estrogen instead of Free T ) , etc .

But, What is worst , and that we didn't know it 20 years ago, is that 5-alpha reductase is part of many other reaction in the body, for example, the convertion of pregnolone to allopregnolone ( a neurohormone that "kill" anxiety ) and that is why many people suffer for anxiety and depression ( if not all ) while they are on Finasteride.

This sounds scary.. but have you not been using fina/duta for more than 10 years ? stopped because of sides ?

MedicinallyCompetent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Citations needed. There are actually studies that suggest dutasteride increases free T - the exact opposite of what you're saying. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2009.08915.x