P-3074 (polichem Topical Finasteride) Phase Iii Just Ended.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Hopefully wont be too long, anyone have any idea on a time frame for when we could see the results?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are talking about mixing minoxidil with cetirizine, i am actually using cetirizine for now 2 weeks with no result (hair loss is even worse since 2 weeks)

I would like to had minoxidil in the mixture but a lot of people over internet say that alcohol with cetirizine is really bad for cetirizine activation

No, I never say to mix it . Are you using 2 ml of the oral drops 1:/: ? Or are you make it from the pills ? anyway, two eeeks is two soon , I saw results between 3-4 month

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, future treatments should be great. But they are 2-3 years from now, so having something better now is not so bad.

I monitor Seti thread. It's very contradictory option because there is the only person who showed progress (maintenance) on Seti, other reviews are varied. Plus Seti is super expensive and you never know whether your next Chinese batch will be enough pure. I think we should wait till Allergan completes their research and then reconsider Seti.

Fevi should be better, but again we don't know for sure.

Breezula? It's topical anti-androgen, so in theory you can get Finasteride like sides.

No. Can you provide any proofs (links to diaries) which show that topical Cetrizine is working?

P.S. I'm not Finasteride fan. Just trying to be a realist.
What about reading the study done im 2017 with photos and all ? you can find the abstract on pubmed

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, future treatments should be great. But they are 2-3 years from now, so having something better now is not so bad.

I monitor Seti thread. It's very contradictory option because there is the only person who showed progress (maintenance) on Seti, other reviews are varied. Plus Seti is super expensive and you never know whether your next Chinese batch will be enough pure. I think we should wait till Allergan completes their research and then reconsider Seti.

Breezula? It's topical anti-androgen, so in theory you can get Finasteride like sides.

No. Can you provide any proofs (links to diaries) which show that topical Cetrizine is working?

It is not now , they just finished the phase 3, even if they hurry a lot , will be at least 1 year .
Seti, it is imposible to lnow exactly what they are getting since they are buying underground .

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I never say to mix it . Are you using 2 ml of the oral drops 1:/: ? Or are you make it from the pills ? anyway, two eeeks is two soon , I saw results between 3-4 month

I crush 60 pills into powder and let it dissolve into 60 ml on water. Then filter it and and add PG for skin absorption. am i missing something ?

So you use 2 ml on minoxidil 2 times daily and 1 ml of cetirizine one time daily ? because you can't use them both at the same time if you dont want to minoxidil alcohol to be in contact with cetirizine right

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

https://www.nicehair.org/increase-scalp-pge2-decrease-pgd2-cure-hair-loss/ Cetrizine supposedly works by increasing PGE2 and decreasing PGD2 (I believe this is what Seti does as well), so it should work in theory, but who knows at what dose would it be effective at? Most people say 1% solution, so you'd take water, 20% propylene glycol, and then crush up 100 10mg pills into a powder(so 1 gram total), dissolve it in that 80/20 100ml mixture, and that would be 1% Cetrizine. 10mg per mL.

I'm willing to give it a try since the risk of side effects seems quite low, but I think for anyone who is serious and is having rapid serious loss, should probably get on a stronger regimen that is more proven.

I still contend that in order for Finasteride to be effective it MUST go systemic. Thus efficacious topical finasteride treatments are a pipe dream.

In my nonexpert opinion of course.

It does go systemic still (the topical), but to a lesser degree. I saw a user on reddit had great results from the topical after complaining of sides from the oral, and he did not have side effects from the topical form. However, taking the topical will still give you the risk of developing gyno and it still significantly cuts DHT. So the key is to get the right dosage where it cuts DHT but doesn't decimate it to nothing.

There' one thing I don't understand about the potential usefulness of topical finasteride: How does it work to maintain the hair all over your head if you only apply it to certain areas. I apply minoxidil to my crown and temples as these are thin spots, I have decent coverage elsewhere. With finasteride, if applied will it topically protect the whole head even if its only applied to hairless/thin areas?
Minoxidil goes systemic into the entire body, it's a vasodilator and a potassium channel opener(it increases blood flow to hair follicles), that's why some people get heart related sides with it. That's what happened with me is that I got a very fast heart rate even as an athlete and I got that shortness of breath/tightness feeling. I had 2 echos done and there wasn't any damage but going off of minoxidil I never had any "episodes" like that again, so I'd be careful. Maybe if I used the 2% one instead it wouldn't have happened.

Anyway, topical finasteride would still go systemic but supposedly to a lesser degree than oral would.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.nicehair.org/increase-scalp-pge2-decrease-pgd2-cure-hair-loss/ Cetrizine supposedly works by increasing PGE2 and decreasing PGD2 (I believe this is what Seti does as well), so it should work in theory, but who knows at what dose would it be effective at? Most people say 1% solution, so you'd take water, 20% propylene glycol, and then crush up 100 10mg pills into a powder(so 1 gram total), dissolve it in that 80/20 100ml mixture, and that would be 1% Cetrizine. 10mg per mL.

I'm willing to give it a try since the risk of side effects seems quite low, but I think for anyone who is serious and is having rapid serious loss, should probably get on a stronger regimen that is more proven.

It does go systemic still (the topical), but to a lesser degree. I saw a user on reddit had great results from the topical after complaining of sides from the oral, and he did not have side effects from the topical form. However, taking the topical will still give you the risk of developing gyno and it still significantly cuts DHT. So the key is to get the right dosage where it cuts DHT but doesn't decimate it to nothing.

Minoxidil goes systemic into the entire body, it's a vasodilator and a potassium channel opener(it increases blood flow to hair follicles), that's why some people get heart related sides with it. That's what happened with me is that I got a very fast heart rate even as an athlete and I got that shortness of breath/tightness feeling. I had 2 echos done and there wasn't any damage but going off of minoxidil I never had any "episodes" like that again, so I'd be careful. Maybe if I used the 2% one instead it wouldn't have happened.

Anyway, topical finasteride would still go systemic but supposedly to a lesser degree than oral would.
I used topical finasteride successfully for three years. It’s was pretty great. The problem started when I began dermarolling. I would wait 24-48 hrs to apply to let everything heal, and all of a sudden I was getting every finasteride side in the books from the increased absorption. That’s a problem I don’t know how to get around.

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used topical finasteride successfully for three years. It’s was pretty great. The problem started when I began dermarolling. I would wait 24-48 hrs to apply to let everything heal, and all of a sudden I was getting every finasteride side in the books from the increased absorption. That’s a problem I don’t know how to get around.
if the topical was working then why dermaroll? yeah it's from the increased absorption. did you still get the problem after you stopped dermarolling altogether?

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What the hell are you talking ? We have Brezzula in 3 years, setipiprant in 3 years and Fevipiprant in 2 years.
WE have Minoxidil, Alfa estradiol, Ketoconazole , Ceitrizine, topical spironolactone. Just with this old meds, you can keep your hair forever without side effects . Did you tried topical cetirizine ? oral drops 1% using to your scalp 2ml daily ? give it 4 month, then tell me ;)
FInasteride is for ignorants.
What have you tryed yet??

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your topical formulation?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03004469?term=topical+finasteride&rank=3

Will be very interesting to see the results (and sides), especially against oral Finasteride.

Nice find. Especially given this forum even has the word studies in its title. The poster directly below is a clown.

I don’t care if this goes systemic, I ONLY care if it effects my libido. Sadly for me and my hair finasteride totally messed with my hormones.

Lots of people who had sides with finasteride are claiming that topical doesn’t effect them which is great news.

If this study shows positive results I’d try topical finasteride for sure.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who cares ? Old drug, will go systemic, will not give better results than combing cetirizine plus minoxidil, or minoxidil plus ketoconazole cream .
Real, a none sense. WE are in 2017 , Finasteride is available for prostate since 1992 . They took 26 years to develop this crap ? lol

You’re a dork. The title experienced member is wasted on you. That title should be reserved for members that post useful updates as opposed to big balding crybabies.

Maybe you just haven’t been here long enough. 10 years ago and after many false hopes and innovate companies going bust another entirely possible but speculative possibility is that this is all we will get in the next 10 years.

Fingers crossed it’s not. But if it is your hair will be a lot thinner. Maybe you’ll have had a hair transplant. You might be resorting to herbal remedies and vitamin D.

But who the hell knows. We might all be using safe friendly bio printed hair transplants and none of this will mater.

Take what you can brother.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re a dork. The title experienced member is wasted on you. That title should be reserved for members that post useful updates as opposed to big balding crybabies.

Maybe you just haven’t been here long enough. 10 years ago and after many false hopes and innovate companies going bust another entirely possible but speculative possibility is that this is all we will get in the next 10 years.

Fingers crossed it’s not. But if it is your hair will be a lot thinner. Maybe you’ll have had a hair transplant. You might be resorting to herbal remedies and vitamin D.

But who the hell knows. We might all be using safe friendly bio printed hair transplants and none of this will mater.

Take what you can brother.
Hahaha, not long enought ? fightin baldenss since I was 17th , Now I have 39 .
You have no idea what you are talking , your problem in you head is not your hair , you ate more lile a brain damage ... maybe cause oral finasteride !

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice find. Especially given this forum even has the word studies in its title. The poster directly below is a clown.

I don’t care if this goes systemic, I ONLY care if it effects my libido. Sadly for me and my hair finasteride totally messed with my hormones.

Lots of people who had sides with finasteride are claiming that topical doesn’t effect them which is great news.

Yes , and some say that oral finasteride is secure .
The thing is extremly easy, how much systemic DHT this topical version inhibit ?!

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score

It get systemic in a little low :/: , contrary to finasteride .

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score

Dude , you are a clown , I bet you don't even know what is pubmed . What about read it ? that thing posted dont even have results yet!!!!!
You understand how pathetic you are ?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude , you are a clown , I bet you don't even know what is pubmed . What about read it ? that thing posted dont even have results yet!!!!!
You understand how pathetic you are ?

Shhhh it’s all going to be okay my little balding padwan.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your topical formulation?
Since more than 10 years ago i use this :
NIght
Alpha estradiol lotion
A lotion compound in a local pharmacy with Minoxidil 5 % plus Ketoconazole 2 %
Spironolactone cream

Since almost 5 month ago :
Cetirizine drops 1 % 2ml daily in the entire scalp.

None side effects at all. The night lotion I apply it 30 minutes away one from the other . The cetirizine drops I live it for at least 4 hours ( or as much as I can cause hair style )