Over masturbation most possibly can accelerate male pattern baldness in genetically susceptibles

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
I will try to be unbiased even though I think NoFAP is a load a sheet.

As far as your pros go, did you think that maybe because you're not obsessing over masturbation that #5 is the cause of #1 and #2? More free time, sleep more, thus more energy. As for your hair looking thicker, people have to stop thinking that male pattern baldness is this magical thing that happens in 40 days. This is an ongoing long-term problem. Even if there was a benefit to NoFAP, you sure as sh1t wouldn't see it in your hair after a few weeks or even months.

Also, I saw my endocrinologist today and he was telling me that the term "adrenal fatigue" is thrown around way too loosely online. Additionally, I have now have both hyperthyroid and hypothyroid over the past few months and both can cause you to be excessively tired. Hyper seemed to be worse as far as symptoms go, for me at least. I've been hypo still for a couple of months, and it's not going back to normal. Also my testosterone level is through the roof as well as my estradiol levels. They think it may be a testicular or adrenal gland tumor but I hope not, fingers crossed!

Hair loss is a tricky, fickle b1tch. I don't think anyone could do a scientific study that proved anything on a forum. It's like asking everyone to self-measure their penis and taking the results to be reliable lol.

Bingo!

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
Th for your testinmonial dehoha but srs :
3. Some weird and dirty black stuff accumulated in my semen when I finally fapped on day 44. It definitely did not look healthy or natural. I've never experienced this until now.

dafuq did i just read?

dehoha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will try to be unbiased even though I think NoFAP is a load a sheet.

As far as your pros go, did you think that maybe because you're not obsessing over masturbation that #5 is the cause of #1 and #2? More free time, sleep more, thus more energy. As for your hair looking thicker, people have to stop thinking that male pattern baldness is this magical thing that happens in 40 days. This is an ongoing long-term problem. Even if there was a benefit to NoFAP, you sure as sh1t wouldn't see it in your hair after a few weeks or even months.

Also, I saw my endocrinologist today and he was telling me that the term "adrenal fatigue" is thrown around way too loosely online. Additionally, I have now have both hyperthyroid and hypothyroid over the past few months and both can cause you to be excessively tired. Hyper seemed to be worse as far as symptoms go, for me at least. I've been hypo still for a couple of months, and it's not going back to normal. Also my testosterone level is through the roof as well as my estradiol levels. They think it may be a testicular or adrenal gland tumor but I hope not, fingers crossed!

Hair loss is a tricky, fickle b1tch. I don't think anyone could do a scientific study that proved anything on a forum. It's like asking everyone to self-measure their penis and taking the results to be reliable lol.

Thanks for the insightful response. Your points definitely make sense and I do think obsession over masturbation caused continual fatigue for me. However, based on my experience, I can definitely say that the day after I fap, I feel a lot more tired. Maybe fapping influences the quality of sleep at night? I am not quite sure. There are many factors that cause fatigue the next day, and I think fapping is one of the factors for sure, at least for me.

I have been delaying to go see a doctor about my thyroid level. I have both symptoms of hypo and hyper, just like you do, but I have no blood test result to back it up. I am very sensitive to cold (hypo), but I am sensitive to hot as well (possibly hyper). I feel tired in the morning sometimes (hypo), but some days, I have hard time falling asleep at night for no reason (hyper). I am usually very reserved (hypo), but if something doesn't work the way I wanted, I tend to burst out, even though this happens rarely. My father and mother have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism recently, so I think it must be genetics issue.

I totally agree that hair loss is freaking tricky. I've been experimenting with a lot of supplements/treatments out there besides finasteride (which I tried for around 50 days), and have seen mixed results. As I mentioned before, because I am using so many treatments/supplements at the same time, it is almost impossible to distinguish what is actually working for me. Also, bear in mind that each individual is very different. What works for me, may not work for other people, and vice versa. This is why finasteride/minoxidil are golden standard for male pattern baldness, since they work well for most people. The only reason I am staying away from finasteride is because I do believe that there is something wrong with my internal body severely and I have no idea what other parts of my body may be influenced by whatever condition I have. Hence, I am trying everything to resolve the root cause.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I am not buying that. Maybe he has prostate
cancer...

Nice try. I definitely do not have it.

Aneik

Reaction score
Many thanks to all the guys who are doing this little but significant "experiment"....Remember its all about about willpower....I would like if more no. of people take part in it....

Aneik

Reaction score
I agree. But you do it right! No edging, no p**rn and ****.
Absolutely,its very tough but not impossible...
The experiment itself is pretty interesting....After all there is nothing to lose....

Aneik

Reaction score
And you'll be so proud of this accomplishment right? How much money will you earn from it?

How much social recognition? Don't forget to tell all your friends and to put it on your resume!
Its not at all about social recognition or telling friends...
As I have said there is nothing to lose from this....
Do not take part in it if you do not want,but please do not discourage others....

Aneik

Reaction score
How many times have I read this fallacy? There is always something to lose:

1. Your time (researching about this nonsense, obsessing over the fact that you want to masturbate, but can't etc.)
2. Your energy (similar to the above)
3. Your dignity (felling so ashamed when you realised you've been naive and scammed by those silly internet gurus)
4. Money (having no possibility of sexual release, you'll find yourself chasing women, paying them drinks, or even paying prostitutes, time and money are lost from this too)
5. Your self-esteem (when you relapse and sink into self-loathing and think and that you're a loser, because the other nofap guys said you were)
6. The enjoyment you get from the little pleasures in life, possibly having more anxiety and sinking into depression
7. The most obvious (this should be number 1): your hair, while you dabble with this nonsense and do not get on proven treatments, your hair loss will progress

But no, you're right, there's nothing to lose.

I am taking this xperiment lightly ....I know myself very well,I will never go to depression as you have said & I know I can continue this xperiment till 180 days is complete...Actually I am quite happy about it...Its an experiment after all for god's sake...
BTW I am totally continuing my scientific regimen,so dont think I am relying solely only on this xperiment....

Reaction score
And you'll be so proud of this accomplishment right? How much money will you earn from it?

How much social recognition? Don't forget to tell all your friends and to put it on your resume!

once again you sir prove me that you are messed up in your head.

screw the money and glory, and **** social recognition , I am doing this for myself , that's my personal pride and integrity that drives me to do this and that gives me enough will and more satisfaction in return , that's a vicious circle.

always see the results , toil is temporary , satisfaction of the outcome is permanent.

I am literally "patting my own shoulders" , I am happy with myself , that's one of the most beautiful things that someone can experience in his life.

I guess that the other guys here are doing it for the same reasons , they won't tell it to their friends or bet money on it now will they?

@drop dead fred : welcome aboard

--- about that black semen thing ,I have never had it in my life.

Reaction score

certainly as you say , but prostate inflammation can be caused by you refusing to let out the semen that has already been formed as a result of you resorting to p**rn movies without wanking.

If you do something do it the right way.

If you don't want to masturbate , don't watch p**rn movies and don't fantasize on something that would make you build semen , that's just hypocrite , I mean ... it's like drinking alcohol-less beer or a sandwich without its bread , that's just pointless.

if you watch p**rn and don't let out that semen , that's bad for your prostate.

dehoha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think people are getting confused because I did not explain this "black semen" thing clearly. It was not all black. There were small black specks of stuff (no idea what it was) in my reglular semen. It still did not look right.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
certainly as you say , but prostate inflammation can be caused by you refusing to let out the semen that has already been formed as a result of you resorting to p**rn movies without wanking.

If you do something do it the right way.

If you don't want to masturbate , don't watch p**rn movies and don't fantasize on something that would make you build semen
, that's just hypocrite , I mean ... it's like drinking alcohol-less beer or a sandwich without its bread , that's just pointless.

if you watch p**rn and don't let out that semen , that's bad for your prostate.

Well said!

Doing it gradually, could be the best way to do it for heavy masturbators. Let body to adapt.

dps

Banned
Reaction score
fred is a perv.

I really believe that deep down he is aware of the link between hairloss and fapping, but he wont admit cause he is too weak to overcome his carnal instincts, and he is too committed to the "accepted scientific treatment"

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the insightful response. Your points definitely make sense and I do think obsession over masturbation caused continual fatigue for me. However, based on my experience, I can definitely say that the day after I fap, I feel a lot more tired. Maybe fapping influences the quality of sleep at night? I am not quite sure. There are many factors that cause fatigue the next day, and I think fapping is one of the factors for sure, at least for me.

I have been delaying to go see a doctor about my thyroid level. I have both symptoms of hypo and hyper, just like you do, but I have no blood test result to back it up. I am very sensitive to cold (hypo), but I am sensitive to hot as well (possibly hyper). I feel tired in the morning sometimes (hypo), but some days, I have hard time falling asleep at night for no reason (hyper). I am usually very reserved (hypo), but if something doesn't work the way I wanted, I tend to burst out, even though this happens rarely. My father and mother have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism recently, so I think it must be genetics issue.

I totally agree that hair loss is freaking tricky. I've been experimenting with a lot of supplements/treatments out there besides finasteride (which I tried for around 50 days), and have seen mixed results. As I mentioned before, because I am using so many treatments/supplements at the same time, it is almost impossible to distinguish what is actually working for me. Also, bear in mind that each individual is very different. What works for me, may not work for other people, and vice versa. This is why finasteride/minoxidil are golden standard for male pattern baldness, since they work well for most people. The only reason I am staying away from finasteride is because I do believe that there is something wrong with my internal body severely and I have no idea what other parts of my body may be influenced by whatever condition I have. Hence, I am trying everything to resolve the root cause.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice try. I definitely do not have it.

Dehoha, I think you're experiencing some psychosomatic issues here. Nothing you say is really indicative of either hypo, or hyperthyroidism. See a doctor, that can't possibly hurt, but don't jump to conclusions. Being sensitive to cold and heat could just mean that you have poor circulation. It's like saying "I get sick a lot, I must have AIDS". Being tired in the morning is just a natural human thing. And on the fifth day god invented coffee, nom nom. Also, many many people have trouble sleeping. I have had trouble sleeping for the last 15 years. Take a little bit of natural melatonin 30 minutes before bed, works wonders, get it at a local CVS or whatever. Don't take the entire 5mg or 1mg pill, that **** is insane strong and you can build a tolerance to it. A research study showed that the effective dose for melatonin is roughly 0.3mg. I usually take a 5mg pill and cut a tiny chunk out of it that is roughly 0.25-0.5mg. Sleep like a baby :)

Stop with the supplements please! People overdo vitamins and supplements. People shouldn't be taking vitamins unless their doctor prescribes it. It drives me nuts how people pop vitamins and then eat ****ty.

To give you a rough idea of my symptoms when I had hyperthyroidism (thyroiditis part 1):

My heart rate was at 90-105 beats per minute. My normal heart rate is 68. Heart felt like it was literally bouncing out of my chest. This was the biggest symptom
I ate roughly 5 times a day, like full meals, metabolism was on crack.
I sat in my air conditioned office (75 deg F) and was sweating like a madman, and I have never really sweat ever in my life unless I'm running 5-10 miles.
I lost hair like crazy...like my hands were covered in hair in the shower.
My energy bounced up and down like a diabetic
I lost 15 pounds....from 140 lbs to 125 pounds. More than 10% of my weight.

From what you tell me I think it's all in your head. You can't be hypo AND hyper at the same time, that just doesn't make much sense to me. By all means though, if you have insurance, see a doctor.

Its not at all about social recognition or telling friends...
As I have said there is nothing to lose from this....
Do not take part in it if you do not want,but please do not discourage others....

There is something to lose, you're inspiring false hope in other people who read these forums but are not educated enough yet to know that NoFAP is dumb as balls.

once again you sir prove me that you are messed up in your head.

screw the money and glory, and **** social recognition , I am doing this for myself , that's my personal pride and integrity that drives me to do this and that gives me enough will and more satisfaction in return , that's a vicious circle.

always see the results , toil is temporary , satisfaction of the outcome is permanent.

I am literally "patting my own shoulders" , I am happy with myself , that's one of the most beautiful things that someone can experience in his life.

I guess that the other guys here are doing it for the same reasons , they won't tell it to their friends or bet money on it now will they?

@drop dead fred : welcome aboard

--- about that black semen thing ,I have never had it in my life.

No offense but lots of things take time, toiling, hard work, blood, sweat, and tears.....that doesn't mean you have to go and do them. I'm sure digging a giant hole in the forest is quite challenging and difficult to do with just 1 shovel but I sure as sh*t am not going to go out there and do it.

Reaction score
No offense but lots of things take time, toiling, hard work, blood, sweat, and tears.....that doesn't mean you have to go and do them. I'm sure digging a giant hole in the forest is quite challenging and difficult to do with just 1 shovel but I sure as sh*t am not going to go out there and do it.

none taken ,I am not encouraging anyone to rush headlong or acting recklessly just to have something to brag about , as a matter of fact this would be totally stupid and ridiculous as you say. if you don't consider something to be worthwhile / bearing enough fruits then don't do it ,regardless of all the drudgery that would be necessary you to achieve it.

I am completely aware of what I am doing , it has been duly premeditated , so no regrets if it doesn't succeed completely (because it did succeed to a certain level).

yet again , I am doing this for myself.