Outside-the-box-raise To Raise Pge-2 Probiotics......

lostandfind

Reaction score
Forgive my poor English and sorry for digging this thread up. Since L. reuteri was mentioned, I also read an article about L. reuteri strain ATC PTA 6475 might be potentially helpful for hair loss. Here's the link: https://perfecthairhealth.com/l-reuteri-for-hair-loss-review/
According to the article, Biogaia contains L. reuteri strain ATC PTA 6475. Couple of people from the comment zone of this article has tried Biogaia and didn't respond negatively. I also checked the comments on Amazon web page selling Biogaia and some customers mentioned better hair but they're not bald. The article and the feedback from those who took Biogaia indicates that L. reuteri strain ATC PTA 6475 seems to increase testosterone, enlarge testicles, thicken skin and potentially good for hair?? Besides this thread mentioned L. reuteri may stimulate PGE2. Does Biogaia worth a try?
Actually I've been hesitating to take Biogaia mainly because there's contradictory opinions about the connection with testosterone level and hair loss. Not sure the increase of testosterone will be good or bad. I still haven't made up my mind whether to take Biogaia or not. What do you guys think?

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Forgive my poor English and sorry for digging this thread up. Since L. reuteri was mentioned, I also read an article about L. reuteri strain ATC PTA 6475 might be potentially helpful for hair loss. Here's the link: https://perfecthairhealth.com/l-reuteri-for-hair-loss-review/
According to the article, Biogaia contains L. reuteri strain ATC PTA 6475. Couple of people from the comment zone of this article has tried Biogaia and didn't respond negatively. I also checked the comments on Amazon web page selling Biogaia and some customers mentioned better hair but they're not bald. The article and the feedback from those who took Biogaia indicates that L. reuteri strain ATC PTA 6475 seems to increase testosterone, enlarge testicles, thicken skin and potentially good for hair?? Besides this thread mentioned L. reuteri may stimulate PGE2. Does Biogaia worth a try?
Actually I've been hesitating to take Biogaia mainly because there's contradictory opinions about the connection with testosterone level and hair loss. Not sure the increase of testosterone will be good or bad. I still haven't made up my mind whether to take Biogaia or not. What do you guys think?
I don't think it will do you any harm taking it orally from what i have read it improves absorption of Vit D & B12 so it will be good for hair and thyroid

The increased PGE2 bit is the thing i want but i'm not sure that i could get the increased effect without chewing on 20 tabs a day. Trying to make a topical would be a big guess so i suppose that is out. I am going to add it to my regime though because I believe that there is definitely a correlation between gut bacteria and health as we carry around with us between 3-5 pounds of it. If this is the strain (L. reuteri strain ATC PTA 6475)that can have a beneficial effect then why not? But that begs another question if this particular strain can help with hair condition is there another bacteria that has all the properties required to help with regrowth? Probably, just not been studied yet!

lostandfind

Reaction score
I don't think it will do you any harm taking it orally from what i have read it improves absorption of Vit D & B12 so it will be good for hair and thyroid.
The increased PGE2 bit is the thing i want but i'm not sure that i could get the increased effect without chewing on 20 tabs a day. Trying to make a topical would be a big guess so i suppose that is out. I am going to add it to my regime though because I believe that there is definitely a correlation between gut bacteria and health as we carry around with us between 3-5 pounds of it. If this is the strain (L. reuteri strain ATC PTA 6475)that can have a beneficial effect then why not? But that begs another question if this particular strain can help with hair condition is there another bacteria that has all the properties required to help with regrowth? Probably, just not been studied yet!
I think you are right. Hope L. reuteri strain ATC PTA 6475's various benefits for hair loss would cancel out my concern about its lift of testosterone level. Gonna buy the BioGaia Gastrus Chewable Tablets from oversea and take one everyday. How many tablets are you going to take everyday? Not 20, right?

Dennis Garber

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a pubmed study on caster oil causing hair clumping that shampoo does not wash out. Hair had to be cut out.

I have not tried caster oil, but did try fish dha added to nuhair. I double wash my hair twice daily, yet had to cut out the hair clumps from the fish oil. Maybe fine hair is more prone to this clumping and tangling. I also can hardly use the derma roller, due to it tangling my hair. Yet I see YouTube videos of people running it back and forth. Doesn't work like that on my head. I must pull in one direction, detailed and go again in same direction. Reversing directions immediately tangles.

I have no interest in trying caster oil, based on my experience and the pubmed article. Unless someone with fine blond hair has had success with caster oil.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a pubmed study on caster oil causing hair clumping that shampoo does not wash out. Hair had to be cut out.

I have not tried caster oil, but did try fish dha added to nuhair. I double wash my hair twice daily, yet had to cut out the hair clumps from the fish oil. Maybe fine hair is more prone to this clumping and tangling. I also can hardly use the derma roller, due to it tangling my hair. Yet I see YouTube videos of people running it back and forth. Doesn't work like that on my head. I must pull in one direction, detailed and go again in same direction. Reversing directions immediately tangles.

I have no interest in trying caster oil, based on my experience and the pubmed article. Unless someone with fine blond hair has had success with caster oil.
I will refer you to me earlier post 41, if you mix it to lower the thickness you wont have any problem.