Outside-the-box-raise To Raise Pge-2 Probiotics......

proscar2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
aha----=apologies tires...... replace ways for raise....:rolleyes:

as we seem for the moment to have exhausted other areas so then i turned to probiotics as i recall some inflammation effects from a lot of probiotics - see

below- also i recall topicals work as well as internally so a combination of all three OR perhaps to to probiotic strain dominace keeping them separate and a rotation schedule

1 Lactobacillus reuteri

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12602-016-9246-6

Abstract

Emerging evidence suggests that probiotic therapy can play a role in the prevention and management of oral inflammatory diseases through immunomodulation and down-regulation of the inflammatory cascade. The aim of this in vitro study was to investigate the viability of human gingival fibroblasts (HGF) and its production of prostaglandin E2 (PGE2), when exposed to supernatants of two mixed Lactobacillus reuteri strains (ATCC PTA 5289 and DSM 17938). The experiments were conducted in the presence and absence of the pro-inflammatory cytokine IL-1β. L. reuteri strains were grown and the bacterial supernatant was collected. The cell-free supernatant was diluted to concentrations equivalent to the ones produced by 0.5 to 5.0 × 107 CFU/mL bacteria. Cell viability was assessed with the MTT colorimetric assay and the amount of PGE2 in the cell culture medium was determined using the monoclonal enzyme immune assay kits. Our findings showed that none of the L. reuteri supernatants were cytotoxic or affected the viability of HGF. The most concentrated bacterial supernatant stimulated the production of PGE2 by the gingival cells in a significant way in the presence of IL-1β (p < 0.05), suggesting that bacterial products secreted from L. reuteri might play a role in the resolution of inflammation in HGF. Thus, our findings justify further investigations on the influence of probiotic bacteria on gingival inflammatory reactions.

2 Lactobacillus rhamnosus - pge2

3 L. gasseri

From http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC4188884/

" Increased levels of 6-ketoprostaglandin F1-α, epidermal growth factor (EGF) and b-fibroblast growth factor have been implicated in the protective effect displayed by peculiar bifidobacterial strains such as Bifidobacterium brevis (B. brevis)and B. bifidum against gastric ulceration induced by acetic acid or ethanol in rats[55]. Pre-treatment of rats with Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG (L. GG) at 109 CFU/mL twice daily for three consecutive days was able to markedly lessen the suppressive actions of ethanol on mucus-secreting layer and trans-mucosal resistance along with an increase in the basal mucosal prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) levels and a concomitant reduction of cellular apoptosis[56]. In a more recent study aimed at determining the role of viable lactobacilli in the healing of acetic acid-induced chronic gastric ulcer, Uchida et al[57] reported that a yogurt containing L. gasseri OLL 2716 inhibits the formation of HCl-induced acute gastric lesions through the generation of PGE2. Overall, these findings suggested that the up-regulation of prostaglandins could stimulate the mucus secretion and increase the transmucosal resistance in the gastric mucosa."

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So BioGaia drops + Castor oil could be a more effective source of PGE2 in ghetto protocol?

proscar2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if they contain the correct probiotics? 3 things ot consider

1 a lot of processed (branded) probiotics are dead in transit

2 some effects of certain probiotics still happen when/ if they are dead

3 is there enough bacteria in the brand to cause an effect?

* in conclusion i would buy powder specifically of each strain from a reputable source- i'm completely against (unless its the only way or cost) of using brands/ capsules tablets etc. Pure chemical is key in my opinion to gauge a proper effect

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it is a source of Lactobacillus rhamnosus ,1 million live per drop but meant as an oral source for infants and is suspended in sunflower oil. You can get tablets at a higher strength but not sure how these would react in a castor oil.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probiotics:

yoplait-plain-french-style-yogurt-500x366.jpg

51FLVxWcVrL._SX355_.jpg

recipe-20060_Large400_ID-1519866.jpg

miso-soup-78129-1.jpg

d0be187452b0d9e24622a2e76e1853915a622988?auto=format&q=45&w=398.jpg

I've been making an effort to add more of these to my diet. I have more faith in them than in a supplement.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.biogaia.com/product/biogaia-protectis-drops-d3/

could this be the perfect topical ? Probiotic and topical Vit D 2 in 1 !

who would of know fixing babies gut also fixes daddies hair lol

Is it active in the bottle?
"No, the bacteria are in a dormant state and become activated and fully metabolically active when they come in contact with the saliva. This happens quickly, by the time they reach the stomach, they can start to colonize"

Looks like you will have to add some saliva to activate it. Lol

Seriously though I have noticed that people are formulating there own zinc/ vit D compounds/suppliments which is basically the same as nappy cream so maybe there is something in it after all!

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
depends on the bacteria.
Its L. reuteri, DSM 17938 + vit D . IT doesn't have ATCC PTA 5289 but I'm not an expert in these things.

Proscar2 there seems to be a bit missing in the abstract "2 Lactobacillus rhamnosus - pge2" was that bit insignificant?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you guys are making a bit of a stretch that eating something will actually increase the PGE2 in your scalp and around the hair follicles where it actually matters, to any significant degree.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, Baby! Slap some kimchi on your head and you'll be hot dating material for sure.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Breast milk should increase PGE2. Maybe we can source it from @Georgie :D

proscar2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
gut health is huge in human physiology- if people dont get that well......

@whatevr its about changing your whole approach to diet/ lifestyle as well. eat processed junk food sweets/ and crap for a few weeks will highlight that what you consume affects you in a major way.

there's numerous studies highlighting probiotics effects on inflammation . I dont understand why you think its a stretch...? probiotics can modulate/regulate inflammatory cytokines just like chemicals can..... it may be difficult to get ones head around but its been proven.

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you guys are making a bit of a stretch that eating something will actually increase the PGE2 in your scalp and around the hair follicles where it actually matters, to any significant degree.
What you eat effects your testosterone and estrogen why wouldn't it effect PGE2? You maybe right, but I think diet effects alot of processes in your body. I personally dont think one would grow much hair eating Doritos and lucky charms.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
For all you guys know, the best diet for growing hair might also be the diet that makes you fat and stupid .

There's just not a lot of good research on the issue.

proscar2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
a lot of its its just common sense really. non western/processed diet, lots of fermented foods. no wheat, no bread, no processed foods lots of bone broths for digestion. any inflammatory foods, soluble fibre, a lot of it isn't rocket science. lots of vegetables freshly cooked etc. after youve got this down......... which in theory is easy but in practice is difficult (biscuits bread cakes junk) you can then argue the ins and outs regards levels of meat fish/chicken..... protein vs carbs (which types etc)

but to begin.....the basics are simple....... a lot of it is inversely correlated with diabetes. The trick is to follow ithe basics with the dedication of a zen master. 21 days to change a habit. out!

Last edited: