Outside-the-box-raise To Raise Pge-2 Probiotics......

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
a lot of its its just common sense really. non western/processed diet, lots of fermented foods. no wheat, no bread no processed foods lots of bone broths for digestion. ant inflammatory foods. a lot of it isn't rocket science. lots of vegetables freshly cooked etc. you can argue the ins and outs regards fish/chicken meats etc.

That's not common sense lol .

proscar2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
? you mean its not common to think like that? or its wrong? bit duhhh at the mo!

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a big believer in this but more for diffuse patterns. On the other side, for the pure male pattern which follows the classification(1,2,3,3v../ temples, crown..) I'm doubtfoul but this is pure speculation. Remember this study with non androgenic factors ( https://tinyurl.com/yb96hyed ): again diffuse patterns exemples. No surprise these patterns respond better with cocktails injection too....But all in all it's obviously important to be healthy !
In my case I started very slow receiding then receiding stopped and it turned diffuse with all these kind of health problems.
Anyway other reading material;
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4367209/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut–brain_axis (yee wiki)

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
a lot of its its just common sense really. non western/processed diet, lots of fermented foods. no wheat, no bread, no processed foods lots of bone broths for digestion. any inflammatory foods, soluble fibre, a lot of it isn't rocket science. lots of vegetables freshly cooked etc. after youve got this down......... which in theory is easy but in practice is difficult (biscuits bread cakes junk) you can then argue the ins and outs regards levels of meat fish/chicken..... protein vs carbs (which types etc)

but to begin.....the basics are simple....... a lot of it is inversely correlated with diabetes. The trick is to follow ithe basics with the dedication of a zen master. 21 days to change a habit. out!
Not sure diet has too much to do with it, (although I am very pro biotics). My brother lives on processed food doesn't touch fruit or veg does not exercise is 4 stone over weight and hasn't lost a hair on his head, me and my younger brother are a complete different story yet we both eat healthy and exercise. Its a total ball ache! In family pictures we look like a Norwood chart 0-7!

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What kind, brand, dose? Whats your diet like? Lots of things could change a persons experience and everyone is dif.

I use Nature's Bounty Probiotic 10. It has 20 billion live cultures. It evens out my stomach and seems to help digestion. I drink a lot of water and abstain from alcohol, cigarettes and drugs. I don't eat processed food. I eat a little bit of everything, but stick to small portions. In between meals I eat nuts, fruit and vegetables. I go to the gym 5 days a week.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, not this again. I'm still waiting for a single anecdotal evidence of diets slowing down hair loss

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, not this again. I'm still waiting for a single anecdotal evidence of diets slowing down hair loss

There's no shortage of anecdotal evidence lol. But that's all it is.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
? you mean its not common to think like that? or its wrong? bit duhhh at the mo!

Common sense means that something is obvious to people without specialized training or education.

"more bone broth ! no wheat !" etc is not common sense at all, you're latching onto current health fads, many of which are not well founded.

Further, not only are you latching onto them you're also assuming that they are necessarily beneficial for your hair. There's no reason to think that this is true. It is entirely plausible that losing hair is what your body wants to do in its healthiest metabolic state, like a child losing his baby teeth.

proscar2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you cant see that western diet processed foods cause inflammatory reactions and are inherently bad for you healthiest metabolic state? what exactly does that mean? healthy is a relative term. read it again. I specifically stated anti-inflammatory foods and a non processed western diet will help. if you can accept that junk food/ processed sugars etc increase inflammation and inflammation enhances detrimental effects on your hair etc then the opposite will most likely slow it down, thats common sense. unless youve tried it.......

there's plenty of posts stating sugar = itch...... of course it could all be wrong but i doubt it, if we accept inflammation is a root cause of many problems

I see no relationship with hair and a child losing its baby teeth. and regarding the body is its healthiest metabolic state by the time we reach adulthood in an average environment in terms of pollution heavy metals etc. then i doubt anybody's body is in its healthiest metabolic state. its about doing what you can to reduce inflammation and by doing that will impact positively to a degree on your body and hair you need to do more research.

thanks for the dialogue

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
if you cant see that western diet processed foods cause inflammatory reactions and are inherently bad for you healthiest metabolic state? what exactly does that mean? healthy is a relative term. read it again. I specifically stated anti-inflammatory foods and a non processed western diet will help. if you can accept that junk food/ processed sugars etc increase inflammation and inflammation enhances detrimental effects on your hair etc then the opposite will most likely slow it down, thats common sense. unless youve tried it.......

there's plenty of posts stating sugar = itch...... of course it could all be wrong but i doubt it, if we accept inflammation is a root cause of many problems

I see no relationship with hair and a child losing its baby teeth. and regarding the body is its healthiest metabolic state by the time we reach adulthood in an average environment in terms of pollution heavy metals etc. then i doubt anybody's body is in its healthiest metabolic state. its about doing what you can to reduce inflammation and by doing that will impact positively to a degree on your body and hair you need to do more research.

thanks for the dialogue

All right man, go on a raw food vegan diet and let us know if it saves your hair.

Spoiler: lots of vegans go bald.

All right then, go on a paleo diet and let us know if it saves your hair.

Spoiler: lots of people on the paleo diet go bald.

It is all right for you to speculate, but you should be honest about it.

proscar2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there's research that highlight probiotics can increase pge2 I don't see what the issue is. I don't understand the resistance to such knowledge.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
there's research that highlight probiotics can increase pge2 I don't see what the issue is. I don't understand the resistance to such knowledge.

It's perfectly reasonable speculation that a healthier microbiome might be beneficial for alopecia. What's unreasonable is pushing it as likely or common sense, it's not. It's a decent guess, something worth investigating, but we can't draw any conclusions at this time time.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Further, not only are you latching onto them you're also assuming that they are necessarily beneficial for your hair. There's no reason to think that this is true. It is entirely plausible that losing hair is what your body wants to do in its healthiest metabolic state, like a child losing his baby teeth.

Seriously. I'm hypothyroid, which lowers androgen output among other things. As I am treating this, I feel better, yet I lose hair even faster. It's fucked up. My hair is holding my health hostage.

One potential way through which you could influence your hair with diet: prostaglandins are literally made from arachidonic acid. That's an omega 6 fat of which the less you have in your body, the better, as far as hair loss, and many other things. I dropped most of the polyunsaturated fats from my diet, eat as little vegetable oils, fish, nuts, seeds, and get my fat from coconut oil. I eat as few PUFAs as possible. Saturated fat is far more anti-inflammatory and pro-metabolic, and without Omega 6 in the diet there is no need for Omega 3's either. As I've done this I noticed that my itch has somewhat reduced.

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

So if you take the microbiota of someone that is fat and and colonize your self you may become fat too. That's pretty crazy, you must be thinking what I'm thinking?

proscar2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
people read what they want to read.......its about doing what you can to reduce inflammation and by doing that will impact positively to a degree on your body and hair ......... thats all i said.and i stand by it.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@joni106 : I took it - not for hair loss - and it didn't help. Don't count on it.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Caster oil causes hair clumping that must be cut out. Nih has article about it. Maybe works for buzz cuts.
Well, putting castor oil on your scalp wouldn't do much good unless you watered it down with a vehicle. The Castor oils is too thick to be absorbed so either mix it with a little regain minoxidil or as i do with DMSO. I have also seen people who mix it with emu oil but it makes a mess of your pillows. I have never had any clumping issues doing it this way.