Oral Minoxidil If You Don't Respond To Topical?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank god someone else had the same experience! ( not really it sucks ) I'm now drinking Kirkland's minoxidil solution so I hope I can make some gains. Mino10 is useless, I don't think its fake but I do think its just a very poor quality product. The only thing that kept me using it was that it was the only minoxidil I had and that my increased body hair didn't go away so I assumed it was a quality product.. I'm hopeful this time around as since I switched to Kirkland's my body hair is growing extra long.. Good sign. How long were you on Loxidil Forte for before you had to switch? Did you regrow any hair?

Damn, so that's probably what im getting shipped? thats' crap.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, so that's probably what im getting shipped? thats' crap.
Did you read the item description? They updated that to say the product you are ordering is Mino10 and not Loxidil Forte. Have a read, If it doesn't say it's Mino10 then they got Loxidil back in stock.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any other testimonies?

I'm still afraid that it will obliterate my hair and I get 0 hairs back. I'm not concerned about sides when I haven't gotten any sides from anything else in the past, including duta but I would go for oral mino to regrow some of the hair I lost the past year or so (just a slight density increase would do wonders for my sanity). If that is unrealistic, not sure why I would use it at all.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any other testimonies?

I'm still afraid that it will obliterate my hair and I get 0 hairs back. I'm not concerned about sides when I haven't gotten any sides from anything else in the past, including duta but I would go for oral mino to regrow some of the hair I lost the past year or so (just a slight density increase would do wonders for my sanity). If that is unrealistic, not sure why I would use it at all.
I think it would be realistic to assume you will at least get a general thickening of all hair, body and scalp.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it would be realistic to assume you will at least get a general thickening of all hair, body and scalp.

You ran with the 10mg Loxidin Pills right (from thailandpharmacy I guess)? Are they easy to cut or are they really tiny?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
You ran with the 10mg Loxidin Pills right (from thailandpharmacy I guess)? Are they easy to cut or are they really tiny?

You can get 5mg pills form thailand pharmacy, but the pills are easy to cut. 10mg and 5mg are same size. Just make sure you have good pill cutter, with cheap ones they tend to break apart.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can get 5mg pills form thailand pharmacy, but the pills are easy to cut. 10mg and 5mg are same size. Just make sure you have good pill cutter, with cheap ones they tend to break apart.

Yeah, saw that you can get those too but if I get 10mg and cut them I have the option of moving up to 10mg without waiting until my next bottle.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess 5mg is a good way to start? or how much more effective would 10mg be? Are there people who didn't see much with 5mg but did with 10mg or is consuming 10mg purely a greed move?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The Loxidil pills are easier to half than the mino10 ones because of the break line.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Loxidil pills are easier to half than the mino10 ones because of the break line.

I guess it would be possible to half the 5mg to 2,5mg as well then but I'm not sure about what the curve is for going with a higher dosage.

skinnyshaft

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is oral minodoxil safe and approved? I'd never heard of it before until 2 weeks ago (relative newcomer to this forum). If it's a genuine viable option, why does topical even exist? Surely it's much easier to take a pill each day then drench your hair with liquid?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is oral minodoxil safe and approved? I'd never heard of it before until 2 weeks ago (relative newcomer to this forum). If it's a genuine viable option, why does topical even exist? Surely it's much easier to take a pill each day then drench your hair with liquid?

It's safe and approved as a blood pressure medication, i have no idea why people are against taking low dosages of it vs using topical. As long as your BP and heart rate are fine it should pose no problems.Im taking 5mg at night and im fine, no sides.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's safe and approved as a blood pressure medication, i have no idea why people are against taking low dosages of it vs using topical. As long as your BP and heart rate are fine it should pose no problems.Im taking 5mg at night and im fine, no sides.
Hey Derelict, I'm 7 weeks in on 2.5mg daily and I've experienced severe diffuse thinning on my scalp. How bad was your initial shedding and when did you start to see growth?

zinny999

Reaction score
I need to see the results are much better Oral than Topical to take such a risk./

Anything Topical is going to be A LOT LESS risky than Oral and letting it into your blood stream.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Derelict, I'm 7 weeks in on 2.5mg daily and I've experienced severe diffuse thinning on my scalp. How bad was your initial shedding and when did you start to see growth?

I have only been taking it roughly the same amount of time as you so i don't know, top of my head was already diffuse thinning. Im going give it 6 months before i make a judgment about whether it's working or not.

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on 1 mg oral minoxidil for 2 years now. Was considering doing a success story, but my dad hasn't been able to find my before pictures, and I've been going through a weird phase lately.

In my experience it hasn't changed my blood pressure at all, I did have two dizzy episodes when I turned around too fast, but that's a drop in the bucket. 6 months ago I had complete temple restoration, but since I've had some slight thinning on my left hand side, but I think it may have something to do with my blood circulation/persistent scalp inflammation. It has been improving though, so we'll see, maybe in 6 months time I'll be better than ever.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on 1 mg oral minoxidil for 2 years now. Was considering doing a success story, but my dad hasn't been able to find my before pictures, and I've been going through a weird phase lately.

In my experience it hasn't changed my blood pressure at all, I did have two dizzy episodes when I turned around too fast, but that's a drop in the bucket. 6 months ago I had complete temple restoration, but since I've had some slight thinning on my left hand side, but I think it may have something to do with my blood circulation/persistent scalp inflammation. It has been improving though, so we'll see, maybe in 6 months time I'll be better than ever.

Feel free to post that thread, with or without pictures. What's your experience with oral mino overall? How has your success been? When you start to improve? How much shedding are you going through?

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Feel free to post that thread, with or without pictures. What's your experience with oral mino overall? How has your success been? When you start to improve? How much shedding are you going through?

Have you gone on oral minoxidil yet mate?

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you gone on oral minoxidil yet mate?

Nope.

I don't feel that I know enough about it. Not sides but more about if it's even likely to get regrowth if topical didn't work or if I just get a crazy endless shed that I won't recover from.