Oral Minoxidil If You Don't Respond To Topical?

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't even notice until today because i have been focusing on my crown, but when wet and combed forward i could see scalp on the top of my head(diffused thinning) now it's hardly noticeable, that's only just over 3 months on oral minoxidil. Wasn't expecting results that fast, maybe my crown is better than i think im not sure i haven't been taking photos as often as i should have been. Still no bad sides to report.

Very niiiiiiiice.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
They are trying it out under the tounge now as a strip; as it’s apparently more efficient at getting to the follicle.

https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/minoxidil-as-a-sublingual-tablet/

Video:
https://au.news.yahoo.com/new-breakthrough-treatment-for-balding-men-39778980.html

Yeah I’ve actually seen this. That would be a good come up for oral users. My derm keeps trying to put people on oral minoxidil at .25mg, but not sublingually. I keep telling him that it isn’t going to benefit me. He’s like running his own trial on his patients to evaluate if .25mg can effectively stop or regrow hair.

I’m going to see him this week because I want a script for 2.5mg a day so I can ease into minoxidil orally. Pretty scared of it to be honest due to my horrendous shed patterns and stories of Telogen Effluvium that it creates

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve actually seen this. That would be a good come up for oral users. My derm keeps trying to put people on oral minoxidil at .25mg, but not sublingually. I keep telling him that it isn’t going to benefit me. He’s like running his own trial on his patients to evaluate if .25mg can effectively stop or regrow hair.

I’m going to see him this week because I want a script for 2.5mg a day so I can ease into minoxidil orally. Pretty scared of it to be honest due to my horrendous shed patterns and stories of Telogen Effluvium that it creates

It’s cool that your derm is offering it as an option. In the U.K, you’ve got no chance. Got to use your own way of getting it. We seem to be a bit behind you guys with this stuff.

Why don’t you think .25mg will do anything? Too low of a dosage? Yeah, same. I think it’s more of a last resort option but it’s nice to have.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does Cypro KILL your dick dude..... that’s strong...
My dick works fine most of the time, occasionally I'll need to pop a v**** but its a small price to pay in my eyes.
I have 10 mg loniten pills and have half of one in the morning and a fourth at night, I'm trying to taper down really slowly as I'm going to try cb soon. and yeah I got them from the same place another member did who did had regrowth but similar sides
Strange. I wouldn't bother with CB, I've not heard of anyone getting results from it.. Save your time and money.

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My dick works fine most of the time, occasionally I'll need to pop a v**** but its a small price to pay in my eyes.

Strange. I wouldn't bother with CB, I've not heard of anyone getting results from it.. Save your time and money.
understandable, but the studies show it's stronger than propecia's 12 month results at 6 months, but it is extremely expensive no doubt, it's kinda the last option I have.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
understandable, but the studies show it's stronger than propecia's 12 month results at 6 months, but it is extremely expensive no doubt, it's kinda the last option I have.
The last option? You know there are a lot of treatment options available, many being significantly more effective than a research chemical like CB..

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score

I think it is worth waiting for final results with CB as, like you said, it is expensive and the delivery system will be important. I doubt when Breezula comes out it will be a powder in an ethanol solution. Certainly looks like it will be positive as it has equal antiandrogen potential to Cypro. I am looking forward to having new treatments...

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

idk I've tried propecia and got sides and minxodil already and derma rolling and zix and stemox, not much left

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy

Did a quick google search. Apparently, Advanced Hair Studio have a ‘bespoke’ oral minoxidil plan available by prescription in the U.K.

First time I have seen anything like this is the UK; minus the small NHS study at Salford.

Price would most likely be ridiculously expensive for what you get though.

Seems to be one of these places that believes in lasers and other costly regimes. Interesting nonetheless...

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy

Did a quick google search. Apparently, Advanced Hair Studio have a ‘bespoke’ oral minoxidil plan available by prescription in the U.K.

First time I have seen anything like this is the UK; minus the small NHS study at Salford.

Price would most likely be ridiculously expensive for what you get though.

Seems to be one of these places that believes in lasers and other costly regimes. Interesting nonetheless...

I've just come across this myself, Advanced Hair Studio's oral Minoxidil. Have you tried it?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My experience with them regarding oral minoxidil has been mixed to say the least. Initially they sold Loxidil Forte ( an oral minoxidil brand ) which was the first one I used with great results, but they ran out and had to switch to Mino10 which left me shedding badly, I lost all my regrowth plus more. About the same time I also had to temporarily drop finasteride so maybe that was the cause, who knows but I never recovered. I would recommend you drink the liquid because then at least you know for sure what you're getting is genuine minoxidil! Alot cheaper too. A single bottle costing about 10 bucks will last me about a year!
Just updating this. Drinking the kirkland soultion 100% worked. I actually forgot all about those bunk mino10 pills! If anyone is seriously considering oral minoxidil I personally recommend drinking kirklands 5%. Its much easier to get, far cheaper and most importantly you know its legit!

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just updating this. Drinking the kirkland soultion 100% worked. I actually forgot all about those bunk mino10 pills! If anyone is seriously considering oral minoxidil I personally recommend drinking kirklands 5%. Its much easier to get, far cheaper and most importantly you know its legit!
Agreed. It's crazy inexpensive this way. I've been using the same small bottle for four months and the level has barely dropped.