Oral Castor Oil And Oral Aspirin Combo

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, what do you think about this combo?

We all know that aspirin is a PGD2 and PGE2 inhibitor. I am talking about high dose apirin, between 2000 and 4000mg per day

But we also know that the ricinoleic acid contained into castor oil reduces PGD2 and is an agonist to PGE2 receptor

So in theory, this combo will provide the PGD2 reduction and will provide an increase of the PGE2 activity (to keep it simple)

+ weekly microneedling at 1.5mm

We can even add topical diclofenac to destroy PGD2 even more

Last edited:

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here a study showing aspirin reduces PGD2 by 86%.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18223672/

Aspirin do not cure male pattern baldness by itself because it decrease PGE2 at the same extent than PGD2

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3319975/

Add some topical diclofenac and it is reduced by 100%

Add oral and topical castor oil and it drastically increase PGE2 receptor activity

DHT causes hair baldness because it increases PGD2 (the bad one) and decrease PGE2 (the good one)

I know it sound way too simple, but in theory it could work

What do you think

Last edited:

Analogies

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, what do you think about this combo?

We all know that aspirin is a PGD2 and PGE2 inhibitor. I am talking about high dose apirin, between 2000 and 4000mg per day

But we also know that the ricinoleic acid contained into castor oil reduces PGD2 and is an agonist to PGE2 receptor

So in theory, this combo will provide the PGD2 reduction and will provide an increase of the PGE2 activity (to keep it simple)

+ weekly microneedling at 1.5mm

We can even add topical diclofenac to destroy PGD2 even more

Taking aspirin, even baby aspirin for a prolonged period of time will not only destroy your stomach lining but also cause CKD. At that amount, you're asking for it.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
if youre not opposed to taking drugs for hairloss prevention why not just take finasteride?
Being a drug doesn't mean crap. Natural poison are deadly and not a drug while drugs saved billions of lives. The fact that we can pass up the age 30 is thanks to medical advancements and chemical interventions like drugs.

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if you know about the experiment of diclofenac sodium plus minoxidil plus tea tree oil. Diclofenac sodium inhibits PGD2 and PGE2, but it doesn't matter. I use diclofenac sodium to reduce PGD2, and sildenafil to improve VEGF. PGE2 can improve VEGF, so I think the main role of PGE2 is to improve VEGF, and diclofenac sodium reduces all PG D2 and sildenafil to improve VEGF, is a good program.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if you know about the experiment of diclofenac sodium plus minoxidil plus tea tree oil. Diclofenac sodium inhibits PGD2 and PGE2, but it doesn't matter. I use diclofenac sodium to reduce PGD2, and sildenafil to improve VEGF. PGE2 can improve VEGF, so I think the main role of PGE2 is to improve VEGF, and diclofenac sodium reduces all PG D2 and sildenafil to improve VEGF, is a good program.
What do you think about Zix

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aspirin seems pretty helpful for Androgenetic Alopecia. It reduces all prostaglandins which will certainly help with shedding - though it reduces PDE2 as well is rather counter productive.

The safety longterm is debated. Some say that if taken dissolved in water and with vitamin K it shouldn't have any negative effects. I don't know about how legitimate these claims are.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tinnitus is also a potential problem.

You're also assuming that all of the androgen damage comes through the prostaglandin angle but this is almost certainly not the case. Meaning even if you inhibited all PGD2 and boosted PGE2 there is no guarantee that would stop your hair loss - there is simply more to it.

AR is complex and there are very many downstream interactions happening... prostaglandin is just one part of the picture.

As others have said though, topical diclofenac + topical ricinoleic acid / zinc ricinoleate is probably a wiser choice.

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tinnitus is also a potential problem.

You're also assuming that all of the androgen damage comes through the prostaglandin angle but this is almost certainly not the case. Meaning even if you inhibited all PGD2 and boosted PGE2 there is no guarantee that would stop your hair loss - there is simply more to it.

AR is complex and there are very many downstream interactions happening... prostaglandin is just one part of the picture.

As others have said though, topical diclofenac + topical ricinoleic acid / zinc ricinoleate is probably a wiser choice.

I was under the impression that the prostaglandins were just lower in the cascade - meaning if they were fully controlled they would stop it

Someone told me this was the way hairloss worked:
Cortisol excess/low SHBG > androgen excess > thymus disregulation > excess pro-inflammatory cytokines > prostaglandin imbalance + PPAR imbalance > PGD2 excess > P53 > apoptosis

Is this all BS?

Has anyone seen success with those treatments? I hadn't heard of them until the other day

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I thought this video was kind of interesting - though he believes in a lot of weird sh*t

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the prostaglandins were just lower in the cascade - meaning if they were fully controlled they would stop it

Someone told me this was the way hairloss worked:
Cortisol excess/low SHBG > androgen excess > thymus disregulation > excess pro-inflammatory cytokines > prostaglandin imbalance + PPAR imbalance > PGD2 excess > P53 > apoptosis

Is this all BS?

Has anyone seen success with those treatments? I hadn't heard of them until the other day

I doubt cortisol and SHBG has anything to do with it. Androgen excess is a part of the picture but mostly on a follicular level, which I don't see how that would affect the thymus. Most studies do not show significant differences in systemic androgen levels of balding vs non balding people but do show a very large difference between balding follicles and non balding follicles.

Androgen excess (possibly due to STAR protein or other factors) > Too much Testosterone & too little Epitestosterone > Too Much DHT > 5-AR & AR Upregulation > AR overactivity

Androgens can drive ROS which further increases testosterone synthesis, this makes a positive feedback loop

ROS drives TGF-beta = fibrosis

AR upregulates negative growth factors like DKK1, TGFb, etc. and downregulates positive growth factors, and WNT and b-catenin

Essentially Androgenetic Alopecia is localized hormone imbalance and must be treated as such. It is very unlikely that you can mitigate all of the AR-damage by going after downstream factors like prostaglandins because there is too many of them.

It's pretty much the opposite situation of having a testosterone level of 100 ng/dL (bottom range), then trying to build muscle by taking BCAA and creatine. Not gonna happen. Hormonal imbalances have to be fixed. Androgens in the follicle have to be reduced to that of non-balding follicles for any significant results. It's not just DHT either. The entire cascade from Testosterone downwards is screwed, possibly even before that. They need to research what drives excessive androgen synthesis and where that cascade starts, but nobody has been doing that for the past 20 years. That's why we still don't know anything.

I thought this video was kind of interesting - though he believes in a lot of weird sh*t

The only reason Roddy and his alt ideas exist is due to him not having baldness genes. How many people would believe his sh*t if he presented them as a NW5? I can assure you no one saved his hair with anything he preaches (not going to go into how it affects general health where it may have merit), if he does get something right it is usually by accident like here - aspirin is closely related to some anti-inflammatories which may have some potential, but aspirin in itself taken in significant enough doses to do anything for hair will f*** you up. I tried salicylic acid topically and it was useless.

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt cortisol and SHBG has anything to do with it. Androgen excess is a part of the picture but mostly on a follicular level, which I don't see how that would affect the thymus. Most studies do not show significant differences in systemic androgen levels of balding vs non balding people but do show a very large difference between balding follicles and non balding follicles.

Androgen excess (possibly due to STAR protein or other factors) > Too much Testosterone & too little Epitestosterone > Too Much DHT > 5-AR & AR Upregulation > AR overactivity

Androgens can drive ROS which further increases testosterone synthesis, this makes a positive feedback loop

ROS drives TGF-beta = fibrosis

AR upregulates negative growth factors like DKK1, TGFb, etc. and downregulates positive growth factors, and WNT and b-catenin

Essentially Androgenetic Alopecia is localized hormone imbalance and must be treated as such. It is very unlikely that you can mitigate all of the AR-damage by going after downstream factors like prostaglandins because there is too many of them.

It's pretty much the opposite situation of having a testosterone level of 100 ng/dL (bottom range), then trying to build muscle by taking BCAA and creatine. Not gonna happen. Hormonal imbalances have to be fixed. Androgens in the follicle have to be reduced to that of non-balding follicles for any significant results. It's not just DHT either. The entire cascade from Testosterone downwards is screwed, possibly even before that. They need to research what drives excessive androgen synthesis and where that cascade starts, but nobody has been doing that for the past 20 years. That's why we still don't know anything.

The only reason Roddy and his alt ideas exist is due to him not having baldness genes. How many people would believe his sh*t if he presented them as a NW5? I can assure you no one saved his hair with anything he preaches (not going to go into how it affects general health where it may have merit), if he does get something right it is usually by accident like here - aspirin is closely related to some anti-inflammatories which may have some potential, but aspirin in itself taken in significant enough doses to do anything for hair will f*** you up. I tried salicylic acid topically and it was useless.

i appreciate the clarification friend

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
whats poppin

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral castor oil is definitely effective, don't know about aspirin, seems a bit more risky than castor oil, i take 5ml and don't get any stomach discomfort or laxative effects. Combined with oral min you are good to go.

Illusion

My Regimen
Reaction score
What kind of regimen are you on? How do you know oral castor oil is working for you? I'm asking since I'm on oral castor oil as well for 2 months now, with the last month taking 5ml per day as well. So far, I've only noticed a slight effect on my beard and nothing else.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
What kind of regimen are you on? How do you know oral castor oil is working for you? I'm asking since I'm on oral castor oil as well for 2 months now, with the last month taking 5ml per day as well. So far, I've only noticed a slight effect on my beard and nothing else.

My regimen is 0.5mg dutasteride, 200mg spironolactone, 5/10mg oral minoxidil, 1g NAC and 5ml castor oil. I have definitely seen some improvement in a short amount of time, im going to give it until january next year to give my final opinion on whether oral castor oil is worth it or not but if things continue the way they are i think it is.