Only minoxidil+ketokonazol

Wanna be a chia

Reaction score
Looks great dude! Some of the better results I've seen on this web site so far! Just curious, is it Nizoral 2% or 1%? I'm using 1%, and I'm just wondering if anybody has had or heard of success with 1%. Keep at it man, lookin great!

ExitofHair

Reaction score
I too decided to start my hair restoration journey with these two. I've never thought I would be one of these balding guys, but in fact I worried about it. So now here I am, about 1 week in to treatement. My hair line is just affected by a widow's peak, but I've got to stay youthful for my girl!

I believe I see a few hairs already, maybe about 10, which look like new growth. I guess this stuff really works! The only complaint is how dry and itchy the area is getting which I'm coating with minoxidil.

What method of application do you guys use? I try not to touch the liquid, so I smear it slowly with the dropper, but the application seems blotchy.

Shomi

Reaction score
Hello everybody, sorry for posting so late but here are the new pictures and i am not so happy i don't even know if this belong to success stories anymore.. :( (1pic-before treatment, 2pic-after 4month, 3pic-after 1.5 year)

Attachments

• 1-3dela09.jpg
    1-3dela09.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,168
  • 2-3dela09.jpg
    2-3dela09.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 906
  • 3-3dela09.jpg
    3-3dela09.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 989

Shomi

Reaction score
So, history of this is: after great regrowth that happened during 3rd month, 2 months were stagnant then it started slowly to regress sometimes faster with shed then a little come back but as you can see, it worked for only first 4-5 months!!!
So, is there any suggestions what should i do except taking finasteride because i dont wanna play with hormones.. anything maybe, pause minoxidil for few months or adding spironolactone (i saw on this site that it is substitute for finasterid)
anything??

JWM

Reaction score
This is not uncommon, Shomi. Many people report a great initial burst of growth with minoxidil, however, without something to battle the root cause of male pattern baldness (DHT) then ultimately the minoxidil will not do the job anymore.

If you don't want to mess with your hormones, then yes, I would suggest topical spironolactone. Be warned though: it is a cream (messy) and can smell when it comes in contact with Minoxidil.

Good luck!

amsch

Reaction score
??? said:
use RU58841
Stop giving advices please, irishpride..

shomi, it's still slightly above baseline... did you change your regimen within those 1,5 years? As far as I can remember you said you changed the minoxidil brand?

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
shomi are you Maniac keep running with external defend ...you cannot overcome external unless if you use oral treatment....

dht looses with strength by age by age so stick with for some years ...

you can see some people like grass, skyline gtr,

if you taking at the middle age like 20~24 its hard to defend but you surpass the level fight mode at age of 24~26..

try finasteride or dutasteride.............

Shomi

Reaction score
Yes i was consistent with my treatment and i yes i switched to other brand of minoxidil but it was only for one month about year ago and i switched right back after that month.
How good is spironolactone comparing to finasteride i know it is not as god as finasteride but how god is it? is there some research on how much percent of people it works, etc..

@raj47
I don't understand what are you trying to say something about years, i am 25 years old..also what is dutasteride?

blink

Established Member
Reaction score
i think he's trying to say: the older you get, the less DHT affects your hair so stick it out and keep taking your meds.

which i dont agree with since i dont recall anything backing that up. and dutasteride = dutasteride, a stronger 5ar inhibitor than propecia/finesteride.

jonsie150

Established Member
Reaction score
I doubt the cause was because you switched the brand of minoxidil (unless the new brand was a complete knockoff). as long as the active ingredient was minoxidil and the concentration the same, it should have continued your results.

but, fact of matter is that you've lost ground after some success. i, too, am kind of in the same boat: good results 3-4 months in, then a drop 7 months in. i just don't get it anymore. we need to figure out why this happens. i've seen at least 4 other success-then-regression stories out here

Shomi

Reaction score
I know, it looks it's common, i saw AZ story is similar, and he couldn't regrew that lost hair...
Normally in my case i should add the last one of the big 3 - finasteride, but i don't wanna risk playing with hormones( i saw a lot people complaining about side effects from finasteride and eventually said it's just not worth it).
So i will try with spironolactone and changing my normal minoxidil to either minoxidil 6% or xandrox with retin-a(i understand that retin-a is improving the impact of minoxidil).. So, any suggestions are welcome :)

jonsie150

Established Member
Reaction score
Shomi said:
I know, it looks it's common, i saw AZ story is similar, and he couldn't regrew that lost hair...
Normally in my case i should add the last one of the big 3 - finasteride, but i don't wanna risk playing with hormones( i saw a lot people complaining about side effects from finasteride and eventually said it's just not worth it).
So i will try with spironolactone and changing my normal minoxidil to either minoxidil 6% or xandrox with retin-a(i understand that retin-a is improving the impact of minoxidil).. So, any suggestions are welcome :)

I highly recommend going to finasteride. In my opinion, people who do experience side effects are be much more vocal than the ones that don't. I mean, I don't feel any sides, and yet I don't feel compelled to harp on how normal I feel. So my point is that there's a much higher representation of the side affected by sides, which contributes to everyones paranoia about "messing with hormones."

Even if you do experience them, they're mostly negligible (or nothing worse than the feeling of going bald). And don't forget that the sides only last as long as you take the drug. No offense here, I just think you're being a bit hypochondriac here. But of course, it's your body and I'm in no place to tell you what you should do with it.

mark467s

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your achievement with us.Its our pleasure to see your growth.Its growing nicely.Good job .

Shomi

Reaction score
@jonsie150
Non taken and thanks for advice, but you should know what hypochondriac mean before throwing it at me. It is 'excessive preoccupation or worry about HAVING a serious illness', not worry about possible side effects from some drug...

on_a_plain

Reaction score
your crown thinning or just frontal area?