Only minoxidil+ketokonazol

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
Nizoral (ketoconazole), like T-Gel, has activity in seborrheic dermatitis. Antiseb derm agents in general have some activity in the treatment of pattern loss. Generally-speaking, it is not a large effect, but it is still real.

BTW, in "The Medical Works of Paulus Aegineta", the 1st century physician Dioscorides is credited with recommending "tar" (presumably pine-tar), another antiseb derm agent, for pattern loss.

Shomi

Reaction score
So, do any of you have experience with second shed, is it smaller than first one, or same, does hair also comes back after it ?
Please answer me this, i am little worried.

JWM

Reaction score
Your hair will likely shed in cycles. This is normal and most likely it will come back thicker after each shed.

It seems dramatic when it happens because you are shedding all hairs being treated (all male pattern baldness affected hairs) at once and therefore your hair appears thinner if not worse. Most if not all recover. Hang in there.

Shomi

Reaction score
Thanks, I was just wondering if there is people who had success with their treatment and after another shed did their hair comes back in better or worse way?

Shomi

Reaction score
I will post pictures in a few days, but i have a little lesser hair than before due to a current shedding, still i would like to hear your opinion about this.

Shomi

Reaction score
Here are new pictures! From left to right are : 1)before treatment, 2) after 4 months, 3) after 6 months
[attachment=2:3blpj2of]1-3dela.jpg[/attachment:3blpj2of]
[attachment=1:3blpj2of]2-3dela.jpg[/attachment:3blpj2of]
[attachment=0:3blpj2of]3-3dela.jpg[/attachment:3blpj2of]

As i have mentioned before(and you can see from pictures) i am shedding for second time, and it is lasting for 6 weeks... still didn't stop :(. I hope it will stop in a two weeks or so ...
I really didn't expect second shed to came so soon :( but well...

PS. Third pictures are taken with different camera so it is little different color then the first two.

Attachments

• 1-3dela.jpg
    1-3dela.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,081
  • 2-3dela.jpg
    2-3dela.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,063
  • 3-3dela.jpg
    3-3dela.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,212

JWM

Reaction score
Have you changed ANYTHING you can think of in your regimen? Tell me exactly what you are using as far as dose/brands etc. goes.

Shomi

Reaction score
No, i didn't change anything in my regimen i am using 5% minoxidil, with ketokonazol 2 % shampoo, all the time...
Actually i changed producer of minoxidil but just for one month and then i switched back to old...maybe it is that...?

amsch

Reaction score
Shomi said:
No, i didn't change anything in my regimen i am using 5% minoxidil, with ketokonazol 2 % shampoo, all the time...
Actually i changed producer of minoxidil but just for one month and then i switched back to old...maybe it is that...?

To which producer did you change?

Shomi

Reaction score
It is unknown producer, local pharmacy is producing minoxidil and i just changed from one pharmacy to another, then after one month i switched back.

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score
i dont know why no one has mentioned it

but doode, you pretty much regrew your thinning temples based on those pictures u posted

i have been on minoxidil for almost a year now and have not yet experienced a 'shed'

the only time i've ever had a shed was the time right before i started finasteride and a couple weeks after i started, those were the worst i've ever had. but my hair def grew back thicker.

it seems like each time you shed, you get a good regrowth based on the results u've posted.

freemec

Reaction score
great result cong. but i wanna ask that which brand of minoxidil did you use for your theraphy?

Jonathan 89

Reaction score
nice results!

im also thin at the front and ive been thinking about getting a bottle of nizoral 2% shampoo to use with my rogaine 5% liquid.

have you ever thought about using nizoral more than 2-3 times a week? or would that be too hard on the scalp? just wondering because im not sure how many times i should use it a week if i get a bottle.

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
hey shomi-
just a reassurance. i was on the same regimen as you and the shed at the 5-6 month mark that i endured made me think i was back to square one. take it from me, its going to grow back a lot better...it did for me at least.
then it became a sort of cycle, id shed every 5 or 6 months but it would always get better than before once it grew back-

but another heads up- around 3 years, the results might taper off. i also had great success using minoxidil and nizoral for the first 2.5 years and now my hair is slowly going back to its pre-minoxidil state which is why im still trying to find a doctor who will prescribe me finasteride. you might want to keep this in mind

Shomi

Reaction score
Thanks everybody, especially blahblah for encouragement. Like i said it is noname minoxidil producer, and i am using nizoral only 2-3 times a week because it says that in instructions, i dont think there is a need for more frequent usage.

Blah blah, how long your sheds lasted? I really wanna know, i think mine is slowing down after 6 weeks.

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
Shomi said:
Thanks everybody, especially blahblah for encouragement. Like i said it is noname minoxidil producer, and i am using nizoral only 2-3 times a week because it says that in instructions, i dont think there is a need for more frequent usage.

Blah blah, how long your sheds lasted? I really wanna know, i think mine is slowing down after 6 weeks.
my shedding would usually last for 2 weeks or so, until i would keep my eyes closed after washing my hair so i wouldnt see how many hairs i lost lol.. so i cant give you an exact time frame, but usually within a couple of months of not looking, it was back to being thick and healthy from its wispy state.

if only it still felt like that now after sheds :(

moncassino

Reaction score
Hello everybody.
This is my first time posting. After having spend the last week reading up on all the hairloss treatments, i've decided to start a regiment of my own. After seeing the results that the guy who opened this thread had with only nizoral 2% and minoxidil, I decided to go with that. My hairloss now is somewhat similar to his "before pictures". I will use nizoral 2% every other day and rogaine foam 2xday for the next 6 months, and I hope to see some results. I will atttach pictures of how my hair looks at the moment, and try to post new pictures every month. Any suggestions on what I can add to my regiment, im thinking vitamins or stuff like that??

Attachments

• Foto 15.jpg
    Foto 15.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 423
  • Foto 17.jpg
    Foto 17.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 458