Only minoxidil+ketokonazol

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score
did you ever end up trying spironolactone?
I am on the same regime as you (minoxidil+nizoral) and i am thinking about adding spironolactone as well as a precaution.
finasteride is a big no no for me as well.

DHTHater

Established Member
Reaction score
Impressive results. I'd also like to point out that this is an ideal example of the best way to take pictures tracking progress (e.g. short hair, combed forward, top down view, before next to after). Looks great, keep it up.

Loolapalooza

Reaction score
well, i have been on the same regimen (min+nizoral) for about 2 months now and absolutely nothing has happened. Only change was my receded temples got visibly worse and my face seems fuller.

Lucky for you, I would be thrilled just to have one third of your results.

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
It's interesting to see a case of minoxidil only. I'm impressed how much you grew in the first six months.

I wonder if the impressive regrowth we see in all these finasteride + minoxidil success stories is from minoxidil mostly. And then perhaps the finasteride just keeps it from getting worse.

Shomi

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I am back to report [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]updates to my story.

Well, when my hair started to recede, I kept minoxidil and ketonkonazol and tried everything just to bring it back again. I added spironolactone, then minoxidil 6% and nothing worked.
After that i finnaly decided to try finasteride.
finasteride did worked but just to slow my hairloss. Ever since then it is still falling but slowly.
Now i am seriously thinking about hair transplantation.

Please any advice, or maybe some new treatment would be appreciated.
[/FONT]

earlybalder

Reaction score
Man, I feel sad for you. I am now 3 months into in minoxidil and nizoral regime and its working great. The difference between you and I is I'm now taking finasteride for half a months (no side effects, knock on wood). It's the fear mongering people who cause many people like you who had a chance to save their hair not to by not taking finasteride,

As for advice, you have RU which is like finasteride which I don't think would make a difference, you have Neogenic by L'oreal coming out I think next month or two and supposedly increases hair growth by 30 percent but very expensive, 100 euros per month. Lastly, we will most likely have a great treatment involving PGD2 within the next 2 years and this could have a huge effect on hairloss.

As you can see, the future is good for hair loss sufferers, you can check out my story here http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...-Rogaine-Nizoral-1-Update-1months-and-3-weeks. I hope the finasteride helps me.

portland22

Reaction score
My hair looks very close to your baseline picture, its been like that for 4 years or so. Only use Nizoral once week for past 4 years.

Was thinking of trying minoxidil foam but now scared it might accelerate my hairloss after the growth period.

Stress levels?

Also were you applying minoxidil on temples only?