One Year Fighting Hairloss As A Norwood 7

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Unbelievable results OP. I'll say that I also had good results on the big 3, but after 2 years I have recently dipped a bit. I added derma rolling and have been doing it for like 4-ish months now so its too early to tell what I'll gain from that.

The problem is the big 3 isn't a cure, eventually it may lose some effectiveness. I'm hoping breezula comes through as it appears brotzu has been a fail.

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unbelievable results OP. I'll say that I also had good results on the big 3, but after 2 years I have recently dipped a bit. I added derma rolling and have been doing it for like 4-ish months now so its too early to tell what I'll gain from that.

The problem is the big 3 isn't a cure, eventually it may lose some effectiveness. I'm hoping breezula comes through as it appears brotzu has been a fail.
Thank you.
Have you maintained enough that if you had a hair transplant do you think you'd be in good shape?

I always have had hair transplant on the table and am just riding out the Big 3 as far as I can. I may still get a hair transplant if I need one. I know some people have maintained for decades on finasteride alone and I am hoping to maintain as well especially if I get a hair transplant.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Thank you.
Have you maintained enough that if you had a hair transplant do you think you'd be in good shape?

I always have had hair transplant on the table and am just riding out the Big 3 as far as I can. I may still get a hair transplant if I need one. I know some people have maintained for decades on finasteride alone and I am hoping to maintain as well especially if I get a hair transplant.

I have maintained enough, hopefully this stuff continues to slow down my hairloss at the rate it is now. I'm 27 so my loss is aggressive for my age, but with these drugs you just never know how people are going to respond, it's a case by case basis much of the time. Most of my loss is at my crown area, which is a black hole for grafts. I'd much rather have a stronger hairline than a thin crown, I think most posters here would agree with that sentiment.

I don't mind being on minoxidil forever, but I'd prefer to eventually move on from finasteride. The problem is this stuff is like the mafia, once you're in, you're in for life. I'm a diffuse loser as well so shock loss is a problem with getting a transplant.

Analogies

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A few things were different about May. I got a new Shampoo that has Saw Palmetto in it as well as ketoconzole. (Not sure of keto %)

I did start doing 1mm daily / twice daily sessions

And I finally let my hair keep growing instead of buzzing at the 2-3 week mark. So that is like 6 weeks without a cut there.

And I had some white/blonde hairs that I dyed brown. If you look close in the early may shots you can see the long blonde/white hair. I even made a post then asking what to do about it and the advice was to dye it. It adds to depth now instead of just being invisible.

Sorry about missing the collagen / biotin question.

The Biotin is 2000 IU, 500% DV according to package.
Collagen Peptides I get from Amazon, from 360 Nutrition. Collagen Matcha Drink Mix it's called. I'll find a link to it.
I'm sure other collagen supplements out there do fine as well.
Can you provide a link to the shampoo you're referring to?

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing results dude. I saw your post on r/tressless as well. Congrats.

Meanwhile I'm going the opposite direction. From NW1 to a NW5 diffuse... **** my life. I'm gonna try to replicate this regimen soon.

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing results dude. I saw your post on r/tressless as well. Congrats.

Meanwhile I'm going the opposite direction. From NW1 to a NW5 diffuse... **** my life. I'm gonna try to replicate this regimen soon.
Thank you.

That sucks. I feel like each person is a puzzle, and there is at least one thing that is causing the hair loss. Throw everything at it and hope something sticks!
Good luck brother

morfeuzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All.

Quick backstory:
Went bald at 23. Started fighting male pattern baldness at 32.
Wife showed me a Hims ad and I said 'f' it whatever, probably won't work but I've never really tried.
I was pretty certain NW7 level = doomed.

Treatment:
Started out with the Big 3 + Biotin vitamins
3 months in I added weekly 1.5mm dermaroller sessions
Shortly after I added Vitamin D3 and Collagen peptides
at month 9 I switched from a dermaroller to Dr Pen A6 microneedle, upped it to 2mm weekly sessions.
at month 11 I decide (for no good reason) to change things up and do twice daily 1mm needling sessions right before applying minoxidil.

Results:
View attachment 119840 View attachment 119839 View attachment 119841 View attachment 119842 View attachment 119843
That's amazing result ..congrats ..

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One of the best result i have ever seen, you and Chen motivated me to not get a hair transplant and first try this method... I have a couple of questions and i would really appreciate if you could answer them... First is that i saw somewhere but i can't remember where, that you said that you are were 9 years bald before starting this procedure ? This means that you woken up hairs that were lost from your head 9 years ago and never grew until you started this, correct ? And second how do you apply that cooper peptide serum, right after needling or right after minoxidil, how do you do it exactly ?
Thanks in advance and good luck i hope you manage to keep it this way and better in the coming time.. Good luck

Chen was one who motivated me as well :)

Yes I was bald from 23 -> 32

I had some soft invisible vellus hairs on the top but not the crown. And there weren't many of them, could not see them but could feel them if I gently brushed hand over scalp. So while those ones recovered, those guys alone would not have given me the coverage I have today. I definitely woke up some completely retarded follicles.

The collagen peptides I drink in a milk mixture. I believe I linked the Amazon product link in a post in this thread. I use the same stuff someone else linked from the Dermaneedling megathread. I am running to a meeting now but if I remember I will come back and re-post the link to it. Its a Matcha Green Tea Collagen peptide mix from Amazon. I just do two spoonfuls of that plus a spoonful of sugar into like 10-12 oz of milk. Pretty good taste actually but the powder stays kinda clumpy.

Thank you, good luck to you.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow...great achievement and thanks a lot for giving lot of hope.
Have you noticed huge change after switching to dermapen from derma roller and also you had faster regrowth after switching to daily micro needling session.

I am using derma pen for last six months once in 10 days.
I am seeing regrowth especially on side temples but not significant.

Please share which frequency and depth of derma pen works well.

Thanks a lot again.

Roses

Established Member
Reaction score
So what actually helped the most was the daily 1mm needling? If I use this and minoxidil everyday will it be the most effective?

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what actually helped the most was the daily 1mm needling? If I use this and minoxidil everyday will it be the most effective?
I cant speak to derma rolling, but yes, minoxidil everyday will certainly help (unless you're body is a non-responder)

M

Member 139756

Have you changed your regimen to 2mm weekly on the needling front or is your profile regimen just not up to date?

Thanks for advising, you sexy champion of non-baldness.

theGloriousFollicle

My Regimen
Reaction score
at month 11 I decide (for no good reason) to change things up and do twice daily 1mm needling sessions right before applying minoxidil.

How on earth do you needle 1mm twice daily?????? I need 2-3 days to recover from 0.5 roll, do you apply some healing ointments or did you scalp 'adjust' to needling????

Amazing results btw keep it up and thank you for the report.