ON Whey Protein bad for hair loss?

themaniac

Reaction score
Is ON Whey Protein bad for hair loss?

I'm going to start having one scoop a day, + working out 3 times a week?

I'm already taking propecia, and I use nizoral 1% after my workout

el_duterino

Reaction score
diet has no influence on androgenic alopecia.

However, you might want to add a topical anti-androgen to protect your hair from the spike in testosterone due to heavy weight lifting.

testosterone alone can accelerate male pattern baldness , without conversion to DHT.

themaniac

Reaction score
el_duterino said:

However, you might want to add a topical anti-androgen to protect your hair from the spike in testosterone due to heavy weight lifting.

testosterone alone can accelerate male pattern baldness , without conversion to DHT.

i wash my hair with nizoral 1% straight after my workout

themaniac

Reaction score
el_duterino said:

is it ok if i wash my hair like 20 min after i workout with nizoral 1%?

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah something like nizoral wouldn't have any negative interaction with your working out. And as others have said, good choice on your protein powder.

Defiance

Established Member
Reaction score
lol i just bought that protein due to the reviews this morning. Looks good, and some sly micronized creatine from optimum.

Anyone used jack3d, people are going nuts about it. I like the idea of a preworkout sup, but nitric oxide is ment to have afew sides isnt it?

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
themaniac said:
Is ON Whey Protein bad for hair loss?

I'm going to start having one scoop a day, + working out 3 times a week?

I'm already taking propecia, and I use nizoral 1% after my workout

You want to use the isolate form, the concentrate and casinate are both very bad choices.

Make sure you pick up some 1) Fish Oil, 2) Grape Seed Extract, 3) Methylated Folate.

Established Member
Reaction score
I use Healthy N Fit, 100% Whey Pro-Amino.

A lot of the ingredients are supposed to be good for hair.

ddddr.jpg