Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all -

I don't normally do this but I deleted pretty much every post going back to where it got de-railed in an argument about GoFundMe and costs. Maybe we can make another thread for that topic Nameless?

If we can focus on donations and discussing the conference in this thread, that would be helpful.

Nameless' concern is that the costs are high so the goal wont be met, and hellouser won't be able to go. Couple comments on that:

• Its only the beginning of May. We started this *way* early for a reason. The conference isn't until nearly the end of the year.

• I have yet to announce this to our subscribership of 67,000 people, so that is still coming in the next week or so. Donations should increase then hopefully significantly.

• I went around and around with Hellouser on costs, and coming from eastern Canada, this is really what it will cost him, including hotels and fees. You can see more of a breakdown of costs (as well as the article Im sending to the 67,000 people HERE

I wouldn't worry about him not being able to go because we don't reach $6,000.

And the second person to be going was probably going to be me, and I would do my best to pay for my own expenses myself. Swoop isn't available to go. I did ask him.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks @Admin

Just to note, the goal I setup is pretty much a worst case scenario. I'll be reducing the goal as we go and as I'm able to reduce the costs.

In regards to GoFundMe, I chose it to keep myself and everyone else anonymous. The fees aren't great but they're not so bad as to make the effort impossible. Remember, last time we needed about $3600 CAD. We went slightly over that with the majority of the funds coming in just before the congress. This will likely be the case again this year (which is fine). My main concern is the flight; I really don't want to spend nearly 30 hours for travel each way. I'm using up my work vacation days to do this, so I don't want to be exhausted before or after the congress. Direct flight will cost more, but it'll help me greatly save time, energy and stress.

Last edited:

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
I have no issue with you having more funds to spend a week in Japan.
You've been an asset to the community and you've done a great job last time.

Now don't mess this one up!

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
I donated last year I will this year however since this congress is in November I was thinking about donating in a few months from now.
I'm just saying that is is still too early to expect a failure for the campaign.
Of course reserving the air ticket early means lesser funds needed however a portion of the 6k is needed for the air fare and I'm sure that will be collected soon enough.

Now to business at hand:
If anyone from TissUse gets to be there we definitely need an interview with them if possible. Ask everything:
starting date for clinical trials. Expected clinical trial ending (if they go by EMA they will be at least 10 years long). Don't be afraid to ask if they have funding for at least Phase 2 already.

Cotsarelis
is going to be tight lipped so I'm thinking we are gonna hear nothing about Follica.

Shiseido
: we need to know if they are going to be willing to divulge their Phase 2 trial results or at least their timeline goals (when are the Phase 2 trials gonna end and when will they have treatment commercially available) .

Riken/Kyocera/Organ A.K.A Tsujis stuff:

We know the drill here. I'm still not expecting them to offer their treatment until 2021. but any update is good update.

If by some wild chance anyone from Poeitis (not sure if spelled right but don't give a f***) is gonna be there they should be asked about the length for clinical trials if they manage to 3d print hair follicles.

HairClone: well ask them anything. I mean even if they can clone up 1500 new hair follicles they are still expecting too much money. Usually Dr. Claire Higgins attends WHC so I'm hoping she will again.

Histogen: the most polarizing player in the hair loss world. Dr. Naughton was to my knowledge present at the last 2 hair congresses and since they always need funding I'm sure she's gonna be at WHC this year. Well I think more of Histogen than of Brotzu and especially Kelopesia (Reboost whatevs). Their Phase I/II trial data from Philippines was solid. The pictures can always be interpreted both ways. Ask when it will be available in Mexico and how much it will cost.

Everything else seems not that important since the aforementioned treatments will be out before anything else comes to market.
Now the rest to maybe mention would be Samumed (they still haven't started Phase 3 :rolleyes that tells me they are not so sure in effectiveness) and Dr. Terkish who is still trying to get funding (I'm thinking he is gonna start in 2019. and he is gonna be late to the party).

P.S. Japan looks great and is certainly a unique country I'm kinda envious hellouser. I was also envious with Desmond when he went to South Korea. Jeju island on top of it all. :)

Long post. Sogeking out...

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I just tried to donate but the system said "campaign not ready". Also, it only gave me the choice of everyone seeing my name or just the organizer seeing my name. Who does it mean when it says "ogranizer"? I don't want anyone at the site having my real name. I'm cool with it if Gofundme has my name but I want to 100% preserve my anonymity here at the site.

Last edited:

H

Reaction score
I also get a "campaign not ready" and it says the organizer must sign in? It won't let me past that.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I fixed the issue with the 'campaign not ready' (bank info I had to setup). It's all good now! Or at least should be.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
* In the spaces where it says first name and last name can I just put "anonymous" in both spaces?

* I assume this program will take credit cards.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
* In the spaces where it says first name and last name can I just put "anonymous" in both spaces?

You have the option to hide your name from the public. But, in the first step you're also able to provide a pseudonym. Where you fill out your credit card info, it will obviously have to be your real name to pass verification (but I won't see it). From the last campaign, some people put in pseudonyms, ie; 'HairLossTalk.com Forum' or 'Dragon Fly' as their first and last names. Another reason why I like GoFundMe, everyone can stay anonymous. I won't see anyone's credit card details (duh).

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't GoFundMe simply have a radio button you can click that says "Donate anonymously" ??

H

Reaction score

There is a slide bar you have to switch to make it anonymous i don't remember exactly what it says but I accidently did not do it and went back clicked on the help link on the gofundme site and it helped me through it real easy.

Do we know of any specific appearances from Riken or any other big players?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't GoFundMe simply have a radio button you can click that says "Donate anonymously" ??
It does.
I just donated $30 "for the cause" and I could press a radio button saying "make donation, comment private".

I think it can't be more private than this:
IMG_4769.jpg

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a slide bar you have to switch to make it anonymous i don't remember exactly what it says but I accidently did not do it and went back clicked on the help link on the gofundme site and it helped me through it real easy.

Do we know of any specific appearances from Riken or any other big players?
There seems to be at least 3 Aderans research partners, Satoshi Itami, Emi Nishimura and Manabu Ohyama (the last one I think now works with Shiseido, not sure) and there's Ko-ei Toyoshima, the researcher that we interviewed in the Tsuji interview. Maybe there's more and maybe they'll add more in the coming months.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should ask them about Targeted Drug Delivery. Sounds like that would solve the issues associated with systemic drugs. Why has no one mentioned this?

mdmnota

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a poor person so I can't donate sh*t, but I firmly believe hellouser will do a great job and if I manage to save some money I'll donate for sure

Jamienohair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys! The sooner I can get up to around the $1,500 CAD mark, the sooner I can score a deal on the flight and secure the trip. @lemoncloak I've added your question to the list.

To the others, feel completely free to post your questions. Dr. Claire Higgins will be attending, she's pretty cool to talk to and has started her own venture at HairClone; http://hairclone.me

Hello, very excited indeed to here from DR. Tsuji and his team on their hair primordium. My question is can their regenerative hair method re-establish an androgenic alopecia sufferers original hair line and original hair density like that of before they suffered the effects of DHT/male pattern baldness? Thanks in advance of this gets added to the list but fair enough if not.

-Jamienohair

Status
Not open for further replies.