Official Hellouser To Kyoto Hair Congress 2017 Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I live in Tokyo. Is it normal for anybody to attend this or should I be someone special in the scientific community? Also, if I can be of some help while you are in Japan, let me know.

OscarSG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried to donate this morning but I couldn't, there is a problem with the campaing

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think we can raise $6,000. We barely reached the goal last time and that was about 40% less than this time. I think we need to find a way to get the total cost down to the $4,750 - $5,250 range if we are going to have any realistic chance to get this done. I'll donate a couple hundred dollars but I want us to to get near to the goal first I don't see any point in trying to donate if there's no chance we'll reach the objective. Also, I want to donate totally anonymously.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Man I would actually be interested to go, but I feel like I lack the knowledge to be much of an asset compared with others on here who have a solid understanding of the science involved

IMO it should be Hellouser. He did it before so he knows his way around the Congress, some of the researchers will remember him, and he did great last time. If the Congress was being done in my own backyard I would prefer if Hellouser did it rather than me. He would do it better.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think we can raise $6,000. We barely reached the goal last time and that was about 40% less than this time. I think we need to find a way to get the total cost down to the $4,750 - $5,250 range if we are going to have any realistic chance to get this done. I'll donate a couple hundred dollars but I want us to to get near to the goal first I don't see any point in trying to donate if there's no chance we'll reach the objective. Also, I want to donate totally anonymously.

The donation is anonymous, first of all, second, you will get your money back if Hellouser doesn't reach his goal.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
The donation is anonymous, first of all, second, you will get your money back if Hellouser doesn't reach his goal.

A couple things David...

1. When I clicked on the link in the donation program it asked for my first and last names. Can I skip putting my name in the blocks?

2. I understand that I get my money back if the goal isn't reached. That's not the issue. The issue is that I don't believe the goal is reachable. If right off the bat the goal isn't reachable then we need to make the goal reachable. We need to get these costs down.

3. If we're paying gofundme 10% this is a mistake and we should use something like paypal. Can we please convert this to paypal?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
A couple things David...

1. When I clicked on the link in the donation program it asked for my first and last names. Can I skip putting my name in the blocks?

2. I understand that I get my money back if the goal isn't reached. That's not the issue. The issue is that I don't believe the goal is reachable. If right off the bat the goal isn't reachable then we need to make the goal reachable. We need to get these costs down.

I don't know what can be done to keep costs down. I did not donate last time as I was not yet a member of this community. What's changed? Are we a smaller community now?

I donated anonymously. If you look on the website it doesn't show anybody's name. However, GoFundMe needs your name to confirm your credit card information.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know what can be done to keep costs down. I did not donate last time as I was not yet a member of this community. What's changed? Are we a smaller community now?

I donated anonymously. If you look on the website it doesn't show anybody's name. However, GoFundMe needs your name to confirm your credit card information.

I barely recall the last effort but I do think they were scraping at the end last time.

We were talking about getting Hellouser a room so I looked into hotels in the area close to the Congress. I found a room in the very hotel where the Congress was being held. I paid one night for a room in that very hotel and I reserved the room for the entire duration of the Congress so we could collectively pay for the other nights at that hotel. I figured it would be best if he was in the hotel where the Congress was being done. For some reason Hellouser decided to stay in a different hotel, which cost approximately the same as the hotel I booked. Obviously, I canceled the reservation I booked and had the hotel refund my credit card for the one night I paid for. I lost track of the situation after that due to a health matter which landed me in the hospital for surgery. I was ill during the remainder of the donation process so I didn't donate last time.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's pretty sad that only 11 people have donated so far.....

We have a member that is willing to fly half way around the world on his personal time to provide us with great content.

Being objective, hair loss sufferers (at least on this website) are some of the biggest complainers I've ever witnessed which I can understand to a point but here we have an opportunity to gain an incredible amount of knowledge and be on the cutting edge of hair loss research/progress and no one in this community is donating - it's pathetic.

Anyone that is on the fence saying "I'll donate once I see it closer to the goal" is at fault as well. You'll get your money back if we don't reach the goal and if you donate now it'll show more progress in funding and pique the interest of other potential donators.

I just find it incredible that so many people here are tormented by hair loss and vent (read: cry) about how much it affects their life haven't donated yet when they can actually do something for once. These are probably the same people who clamor for constant updates from researchers (which is unrealistic as it takes time to achieve breakthroughs in the lab). Right now is one of the few opportunities where we can actually do something about hair loss and no one is putting their money where the mouth is. Every dollar counts, have one less drink at the bar, but one less material item and contribute.

On another note maybe it would be a good idea for @Admin to sticky this thread in every sub-forum on the site so others see it that might not visit the Research Forum on a regular basis. Admin I know you've said you've had issues monetizing this site but maybe you would be willing to donate as well since this would drive a lot of traffic to this site.

Anyways, just my $0.02

nameless

Banned
Reaction score

We have a member that is willing to fly half way around the world on his personal time to provide us with great content.

Being objective, hair loss sufferers (at least on this website) are some of the biggest complainers I've ever witnessed which I can understand to a point but here we have an opportunity to gain an incredible amount of knowledge and be on the cutting edge of hair loss research/progress and no one in this community is donating - it's pathetic.

Anyone that is on the fence saying "I'll donate once I see it closer to the goal" is at fault as well. You'll get your money back if we don't reach the goal and if you donate now it'll show more progress in funding and pique the interest of other potential donators.

I just find it incredible that so many people here are tormented by hair loss and vent (read: cry) about how much it affects their life haven't donated yet when they can actually do something for once. These are probably the same people who clamor for constant updates from researchers (which is unrealistic as it takes time to achieve breakthroughs in the lab). Right now is one of the few opportunities where we can actually do something about hair loss and no one is putting their money where the mouth is. Every dollar counts, have one less drink at the bar, but one less material item and contribute.

On another note maybe it would be a good idea for @Admin to sticky this thread in every sub-forum on the site so others see it that might not visit the Research Forum on a regular basis. Admin I know you've said you've had issues monetizing this site but maybe you would be willing to donate as well since this would drive a lot of traffic to this site.

Anyways, just my $0.02

I'll chip in for sure but I want to try to bring the costs down to make the goal realistic. Based on last time, I don't think it's realistic to think we'll reach $6,000. You can count me in for a couple hundred dollars.

1. If 10% of the $6,000 is the fee to gofundme that makes me wonder if we can find a cheaper way to collect donations. Perhaps we could use paypal or some other service if that could save some money on the fees.

2. Someone posted that Hellouser should get a rail pass instead of buying a train ticket because the rail pass is cheaper.

3. Someone suggested that flying into Kansai would be cheaper.

Last edited:

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score

Anyways, just my $0.02

Agreed! I think nameless has a point that there really is no need to use gofundme when they charge so much, I mentioned much cheaper alternative sites earlier. I'm actually surprised admin isn't making a decent donation considering the content produced will actually be helping him financially in the form of driving traffic...

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised admin isn't making a decent donation considering the content produced will actually be helping him financially in the form of driving traffic...

upload_2017-5-10_10-58-53.png

And I donated $500 to the last one last year.

But this year im poor AF, so I did what I could.

Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.