off topic moral question

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
let me apologize first for not posting in the "off topic" catagory, i assume that no many people actually view that forum

before i start i want to inform all who don't know that when men use propecia and get a woman pregnant, the child has a chance of having sexual organ disfunctions

that being said here's the question, if a guy and a girl were having sexual relations regularly(ie a relationship not a one night stand) and the woman was very pro-life and the thought of abortion was way too drastic for her would it be wrong to not mention to her that you are on propecia which could cause birth defects in a child and abortion maybe the only humane thing to do?

edit: i don't know how clear i made this but in this situation the couple is not trying to get pregnant

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
She should be told. Imagine the consequences should she get pregnant, and then finds out you were taking propecia: boys loses girl, girl is freaked
:freaked2: :freaked2: , girl forced into a moral dilemna.

Not telling ranks right up there with a women NOT telling a man she cannot get pregnant (ie had tubes tied), when she KNOWS he wants family.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
i agree. He should tell. Not to mention the guy could save himself from a lot of guilt later on (when/if the kid is born)

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
but mariejoe, being mad is something that cannot be avoided, whether i tell now or later, i didn't say anything in the beginning, also, i'm also worried that if she knows what could happen in regards to pregnancy, she wont want to have sex anymore, which basically ends the relationship

G

while were on the topic of sex, i was looking at my dick last night and my foreskin was brown before but now has black tint to it. also i have a tiny almost unnoticeable pimple under my foreskin. could this be a herpe of something? it doeasnt hurt but im like wtf.

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
zak84 said:
but mariejoe, being mad is something that cannot be avoided, whether i tell now or later, i didn't say anything in the beginning, also, i'm also worried that if she knows what could happen in regards to pregnancy, she wont want to have sex anymore, which basically ends the relationship

Since you're not trying to get pregnant, is she on the pill? are you using condoms?

Do you want to continue in a relationship where you are not being honest? Since you're asking the women (and the men) I have to assume this is on your mind. To clear your thoughts, have a heart to heart. .Clearing the air, being honest, is the best thing. Even if it ends the relationship.
She may surprise you...and be glad you are telling her now. I'm sure you can put this in the best possible light, as to why you are telling her now?

I read the men's forum on this, it's amazing how different the responses are. In the long run, you have to do what is best, for you (and her?), what you can live with.

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
mariejoe said:
Since you're not trying to get pregnant, is she on the pill? are you using condoms?

Do you want to continue in a relationship where you are not being honest? Since you're asking the women (and the men) I have to assume this is on your mind. To clear your thoughts, have a heart to heart. .Clearing the air, being honest, is the best thing. Even if it ends the relationship.
She may surprise you...and be glad you are telling her now. I'm sure you can put this in the best possible light, as to why you are telling her now?

I read the men's forum on this, it's amazing how different the responses are. In the long run, you have to do what is best, for you (and her?), what you can live with.

yes, i wear condoms, she has both regular oral contraceptives and the morning after pill just incase(she doesn't take it as much as i like, something about it being too strong to use too often)

i mean i dont want to lie but i dont really want to tell the truth, i assumed asking the men might be somewhat helpful but it's not a topic that most care to talk about or continue on(they're exceptions), i havent really come up with a good enough excuse as to why i havent said anything about it yet

i mean, i dont look our relationship as meaningless but i dont have a set plan for anything in the future, i just want to enjoy the relationship now and that would kind of spoil it, basically i kind of have my mind set on just not saying anything but im looking for a really good reason to change my own mind because im tired of worrying about it

jvantin1

Reaction score
I think this is a pretty cut and dried decision. If you're a good and moral man, you'll tell her, whether or not the telling "spoils" the relationship.

There's really nothing else to ponder. If your body has the power to affect her body--and her life--you must tell her. End of story.

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
jvantin1, I couldn't have said it better!!!!!!

I tried to put it concisely into words, and you've done it!

Zak84, if this is bothering you, tell her. Whatever you decide, it will decide for you what you do in this and all future relationships. :)