Obsidian's Story - (age 21) *** UPDATE***

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
while i really cant decide on what i think about your hairloss - it could just be a mature hairline but im leaning towards that you do have a bit of thinning in a pretty strange pattern as someone else said (bit female pattern baldness-y)

what i will say is that your hair looks f*****g awesome shaved and also long. didnt like the middle length style at all but long and shaved really do look great man.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Upon the third month and I think things are improving, but I am thinking of being greedy and maximizing my chances of regrowth by adding the rogaine foam in the morning and the liquid at night. Otherwise, I think I am doing okay so far. I want to upload pictures but my digital camera is broken. :thumbdown2:

Obsidian

Reaction score
Sadly the only picture that would upload from my busted digital camera. :thumbdown2:

Attachments

• IMG_2837.JPG
    IMG_2837.JPG
    461.4 KB · Views: 517

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
If you manage to not lose any more hair on finasteride or whatever it is you're taking now I think you'll be in good shape. With the hairline being fine (right now) you look pretty good hairwise.

shuji123

Reaction score
hey dude.. finally scrolled through all your pics.. to be honest, from an objective outsiders point of view, your hair stayed the same throughout.. your pics are mostly taken when your hairs wet and with hard flash.. 90% of the population will show scalp under conditions like that, especially the middle part because that's where you are directing your flash at and the scalp is concaved..

Having said that, I kind of understand your obsession with hairloss, cos I'm the same when it comes to my hair, I get so depressed over my crown thinning even though others don't notice and some think I'm crazy.. but only I know my hair best, and it just drives me nuts.

Your crown is way better than mine, so if hardly anyone notices mine, they will probably never notice yours. and btw, your hairline looks great. just my two cents.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I took some pictures this morning I guess it has been 3 1/2 months close to 4 on .5mg of Propecia a day. I think my hair looks alright but pictures might say otherwise.

My hair just dried, no minoxidil in it.
IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1095-1.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

I would say I am still thin, I also need to be more consistent with my minoxidil usage but it has been hard with summer school.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Almost 4 1/2 months of .5mg of finasteride. I think my hair looks better than the last pictures but it could just be the deception of the new haircut. Sorry for the craptastic pictures as I do not have a Digital Camera on me right now.

Attachments

• Photo221.jpg
    Photo221.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 402
  • Photo222.jpg
    Photo222.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 401
  • Photo224.jpg
    Photo224.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 424

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
Almost 4 1/2 months of .5mg of finasteride. I think my hair looks better than the last pictures but it could just be the deception of the new haircut. Sorry for the craptastic pictures as I do not have a Digital Camera on me right now.

Looks like you are at least maintaining. If you are on finasteride it should only get better. Are the sides better this time around?

Obsidian

Reaction score
Nope nothing this time. I do wonder though if .5mg is effective as the full dose. Then again I didn't really start seeing improvements in till around 6 months.

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
Nope nothing this time. I do wonder though if .5mg is effective as the full dose. Then again I didn't really start seeing improvements in till around 6 months.

I think you'll be fine on .5

I got major thick regrowth on that ammount.

Currently I am on .25, I get the same regrowth, however slower and not as thick. But I am happy with it.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Obsidian,
man i think you caught in time! first you look great so in that aspect dont let it bother you, even if you go totally bald someday youll still be good looking, second did you experienced hair loss and then with that regimen manged to stop it completely? because it seems there is some thinning in the crown, which is an indicator for male pattern baldness, did it stopped altogether?

(Ps, who's that guy in your avatar?)

Obsidian

Reaction score
Ori83 said:
Hey Obsidian,
man i think you caught in time! first you look great so in that aspect dont let it bother you, even if you go totally bald someday youll still be good looking, second did you experienced hair loss and then with that regimen manged to stop it completely? because it seems there is some thinning in the crown, which is an indicator for male pattern baldness, did it stopped altogether?

(Ps, who's that guy in your avatar?)

Thanks!

I have still have hair falling out but my hair feels thicker than it did a few months ago. The crown/vertex area still looks thin but keep in mind it is only 4 1/2 months in. My hair looked good at 6 months on finasteride the last time in.

The guy in my avatar...Wait in till :27 seconds in.
[youtube:2horeqjv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8[/youtube:2horeqjv]

Obsidian

Reaction score
Well I got a better camera to take pictures, I think I have improved/maintained some. Obviously the temples are still thin along with the vertex/crown area but that is to be expected.
IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1146-1.jpg

IMG_1147-1.jpg

IMG_11421.jpg

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score
Everything's back to normal dude. Actually, it wasn't that bad at the baseline either. If I were you, I would have just stuck with the finasteride for the maintainance. It was decent at the baseline, now it is perfect. Congrats.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You have perfectly normal hair except for some thin areas around your crown.Yes your temples aren't exactly NW1ish but I would love to have temples like that again,cause the last time they looked that way was way back in 2004 when I was 14-15.

The meds are working well for you and you won't have to worry about going bald for the next decade or two.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I'm upon six months (the 19th) and I think the finasteride is doing it's job I am shedding heavily right now but it's luckily only thin to thin colorless hairs.

Stil have a lot of thin spots, especially in a NW3A region, but then again I really didn't start noticing thickening in till the 7th month so hopefully things will pick up with it again.

The one thing I do wonder is that if minoxidil really is dose dependent as I am just doing 1.5ml a day right now and I was hoping that now that I am on finasteride, it would be improving it but it doesn't seem like it.

Maybe I just reached the peak with minoxidil or I have to go back to using it twice a day to see the results I want.

I'll upload pictures later this week.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I think this heavy shed is a minoxidil shed, the reason being is that although I tried hard I could not be consistent over the summer with applications of minoxidil, it's only in the past two weeks have I been consistent and I think is the result. Looks like I have to start all over again :thumbdown2:

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

Or worse case scenario, my hair loss is becoming very aggressive.
rageguy.jpg

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I suspect you're right in your last post. Likely a minoxidil shed from having consistent use now, or worst case is male pattern baldness is getting more aggressive.

Don't let up on that minoxidil useage.

Obsidian

Reaction score
As much as it could be the latter I doubt it, as while my hair loss is aggressive it has never turned that aggressive. Then again who knows *knock on wood*.

Plus as mentioned before, all the hairs I am shedding are thin/weak hairs so I don't think it is turning aggressive.

I am hoping that I won't have to wait in till 4 months to get back to normal but I doubt it.

Oh fwiw I started doing 2x a day application now.