Obsidian's Story - (age 21) *** UPDATE***

Obsidian

Reaction score
Sorry, been some rough months of school. Anyway, my hair is doing kind of crappy. Thinning everywhere is happening again. With the worst being in an NW3Aish region so it makes it hard to style the hair without some scalp showing. Right now all I use is minoxidil 5% liquid and Prox-n when I got the money along with T-gel and tea tree shampoos. While I feel better off of finasteride, I don't think I can tolerate it. My next thing is to try topical zinc/b6 as I have read success stories there and the least number of side effects with it.

I'll post up pictures later this week

Obsidian

Reaction score
As promised

Attachments

• IMG_2432.JPG
    IMG_2432.JPG
    482.8 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_2433.JPG
    IMG_2433.JPG
    494.9 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_2434.JPG
    IMG_2434.JPG
    410 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_2435.JPG
    IMG_2435.JPG
    429.6 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_2437.JPG
    IMG_2437.JPG
    462.3 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_2438.JPG
    IMG_2438.JPG
    551 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_2439.JPG
    IMG_2439.JPG
    345 KB · Views: 560

Obsidian

Reaction score
Why do you care so much, are cases are nothing alike!

Attachments

• IMG_2440.JPG
    IMG_2440.JPG
    308.6 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_2441.JPG
    IMG_2441.JPG
    466.5 KB · Views: 377

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
Peoples hair shed all the time. Really, you are fine. Read my other post on SSRI's. You are going to do the same thing I did at your age. You're hair is not supposed to look like it did when you were 16. No one's does. Don't use a bunch of chemicals that could actually screw up your hair. Live life. It looks like you have another 10 years before you should even look at this again. You are going to drive yourself nuts ( well neurotic, anyway) like I did. I did the exact same thing you did. Every year I worried that my hair was going to fall out- I'm 50 now and an NW2, like most 50 year olds. And yes, it will, but not nearly as fast as you think it will. Good luck, go out and get laid, kid.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Here is the loss exposed dry

Attachments

• IMG_2446.JPG
    IMG_2446.JPG
    512.3 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_2445.JPG
    IMG_2445.JPG
    372.8 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_2444.JPG
    IMG_2444.JPG
    471.8 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_2443.JPG
    IMG_2443.JPG
    352.4 KB · Views: 532

amsch

Reaction score
Looks like the ludwig pattern (Female)... I'm sure it has been mentioned before, but how about your family history? Balding guys? If yes, maybe in a similar pattern?

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like you are maintaining. We have the same hairline/hair texture btw.

Fender89

Established Member
Reaction score
hey obsidian! my hair is simmilar to yours only i think my receding hairline is abit worse. Currently i'm only using xandrox 15 plus and nano shampoo. we will see how that goes lol.

good luck man i wish you all the best!

Obsidian

Reaction score
Not great going through what I hope is a shed, lost some ground on the hairline and temple points but the crown seems in good shape.

I just took these tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_2665.JPG
    IMG_2665.JPG
    583.3 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_2666.JPG
    IMG_2666.JPG
    482.6 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_2667.JPG
    IMG_2667.JPG
    629.5 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_2668.JPG
    IMG_2668.JPG
    605.8 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_2669.JPG
    IMG_2669.JPG
    487.7 KB · Views: 495

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looking good...If you take those meds regularly you would stay a Norwood 1.5 for the next decade or so.You dont even look like you are balding right now...The meds are doing a fine job indeed.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
Obsidian, i remember reading your story last year when i joined this forum, and looking at these latest pictures, it still looks really great :) good going!

Obsidian

Reaction score
So about 1 1/2 weeks to 2 I decided to start an AA treatments again. It is now

S5 spironolactone cream (1x a day)
minoxidil 5% (2x a day)
Folligen therapy spray (1x a day)

I am sheddding though from the spironolactone cream as my hairline and other places where I apply the spironolactone have become thin again. I just hope it is the spironolactone causing it and not my hair loss speeding up. :crazy:

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
Why did you get off propecia? I'm guessing you've already mentioned why, but the topic is kinda long to go through.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Got undesirable effects.

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Obsidian. Hope your hair is doing well.

I am curious how the spironolactone is working for you. What are your overall thoughts on this product and how long have you been on it?

Obsidian

Reaction score
Only been on spironolactone for a month now so it's too early to tell. It does have a slightly skunkish smell when applied ten minutes after minoxidil but it goes away once my hair dries.

I have honestly given thought to using Propecia again this summer.

While I think spironolactone along with minoxidil and Nizoral is a good regimen, I think for ease the big three are kind of where it is at and as far as working the best. It's been a year since I stopped taking Propecia regularly because of hypoandrogenic reaction after doing great on it for eight months. It resulted in me not even being able to use Nizoral 1%, which is harmless in my book, because it irritated my scalp. I reintroduced Nizoral 1% this past February and my scalp pain felt relieved and my scalp no longer irritated after using it. \

So I guess I will give spironolactone a couple more months evaluation and then think of getting another prescription for it. Probably do .5mg every day.