Obsidian's Story - (age 21) *** UPDATE***

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
What kind of minoxidil are you using?

I have been on finasteride for 5 months and I am thinking of adding minoxidil. I bought some kirkland minoxidil not too long ago but a lot of people on here whine about the greasiness a lot. I'm debating whether I should just start using that or go buy some foam to use in the morning.

Obsidian

Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
What kind of minoxidil are you using?

I have been on finasteride for 5 months and I am thinking of adding minoxidil. I bought some kirkland minoxidil not too long ago but a lot of people on here whine about the greasiness a lot. I'm debating whether I should just start using that or go buy some foam to use in the morning.

Just generic store-brand minoxidil. Honestly the foam is probably better if you want it to dry in the morning my problem with it is that it supposedly causes nastier sheds than minoxidil. Either one I think you would be in good hands with.

Obsidian

Reaction score
6.5 months:

I won't lie, I am kind of worried that I might be getting Reflex Hyperandrogenicity again. The reason being is that on Friday night after working a 50+ hour week, I was just so tired I just went straight to bed forgot my routine. :smack:

I remember in the morning and just told myself to take it in the evening and did so. It wasn't in till the next evening I noticed after I took my dosage I got slight chest pains, slight testicle pain, and stomach pains after I took it. Plus since this morning I have been shedding like a dog. Hair pulling out everywhere but I hope it is a regular finasteride shed as most of the hair i pull out is thin except in the back where it is kind of thick.

I guess if it is, I will get off and save up for RU.

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

Obsidian

Reaction score
IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

Aco_KK

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know what others think but your crown seems a little thicker. But your hair is fine dude and your "balding" is still unnoticeable to a layperson.

I've been reading your posts (too much spare time the last few days). You seem like the kind of person who dont mind going bald. I think in the next one to two years, your gonna say f*** it

edit: your story was the first one i read, when i started lurking ! lol

gave me hope !

sandyc

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair type is similar to your (even facial hair, and that bit on your chest) but my hair is a bit wavier when longer and thicker in general. I'm 27 and never taken treatments but thinking of finasteride.

Do you have a double crown? I do and my hair just looks weird at the back sometimes. I also have a scar from stiches in my crown that doesn't help.

Did you always have your right temple higher than the left? Mine has been all my life and the left since I remember it 9 years ago was a bit wispy and would go dark and light and dark and light. 9 years on I'd say my left temple was thinner. I can't afford a miniaturization test, but can afford finpecia.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I feel you on missing the long hair mate. My hair was my defining attribute. I am growing it back out again now that I started the big 3 so hopefully I will look okay.

I have the same problem you do with seeing scalp when the hair is wet. Otherwise it looks fine except for the crown.

Hellboy666

Established Member
Reaction score
your male pattern baldness is Alvi Armani Scale

Obsidian

Reaction score
Hey man sorry I didn't see this earlier, hardly come into this section anymore.

Sadly, I just don't think I am can take Propecia or any oral 5AR inhibitor as it seems after six months I develop Reflex Hyperandrogenicity. So for me it looks like topicals only. I personally won't use RU58841 as for one of two reasons
1. It is just too expensive, especially if I am covering a NW5/6 region which I am thinning in
2. People on other boards also develop R.H. on it as well.

Add on top of this, got lazy with minoxidil and developed major shedding and set backs. Finally, got serious with it again this past December so my recession and thinning is at an all time low from the minoxidil shedding (NW2.5-3, very thin in the frontal third) but I feel the hairs popping up so I think I will be okay for now and will get to a diffuse NW2.

The problem with R.H. is that it takes a while (for me at least) for my hormonal system to re-balance itself. So in this case, I took Propecia for 6.5 months and stopped in the first week of November so I don't think I will be able to use any AA in till mid-May.

My apologies if it sounds like I am rambling.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I think he means I am following Armani's classification of the Norwood scale. Personally, I wouldn't use it as an accurate measurement but more of hypothetical estimate.

slide_hairlossscale.jpg

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
Hey man sorry I didn't see this earlier, hardly come into this section anymore.

Sadly, I just don't think I am can take Propecia or any oral 5AR inhibitor as it seems after six months I develop Reflex Hyperandrogenicity. So for me it looks like topicals only. I personally won't use RU58841 as for one of two reasons
1. It is just too expensive, especially if I am covering a NW5/6 region which I am thinning in
2. People on other boards also develop R.H. on it as well.

Add on top of this, got lazy with minoxidil and developed major shedding and set backs. Finally, got serious with it again this past December so my recession and thinning is at an all time low from the minoxidil shedding (NW2.5-3, very thin in the frontal third) but I feel the hairs popping up so I think I will be okay for now and will get to a diffuse NW2.

The problem with R.H. is that it takes a while (for me at least) for my hormonal system to re-balance itself. So in this case, I took Propecia for 6.5 months and stopped in the first week of November so I don't think I will be able to use any AA in till mid-May.

My apologies if it sounds like I am rambling.

hey bro ...sorry to hear about the troubles. RH included

agreed RU58841 is too expensive

i hope you do find success
or forget about hair loss all together

its not the end of the world

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score
hey man just noticed you have tricomin listed on your regime? How has that been treating you?
Ive actually been thinking of adding it to my regime, and doing it EOD like you

Obsidian

Reaction score
Ugh, I am in bad shape. :thumbdown2:

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Obsidian, sorry to see your hair is really now showing signs of thinning. I honestly thought your hair would stay the same for many years but you obviously proved me wrong. I would give Revivogen a try. My normal shedding has decreased so much on it and my hair texture is thicker. Revivogen usually helps with people with your type of thinning.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Well in a way, it is kind of a success because I thought at 18 when I started losing I would be bald at this age. :whistle:

Nope now it is just advancing. :thumbdown2:

Obsidian

Reaction score
Very much so since December, but I just think 6 years of male pattern baldness is catching up. Makes me want to do one last shot of finasteride but the problem is if I miss just one day, I get reflex hyperandrogenicity. :thumbdown2: