Obesity vs hair loss vs short stature

s.a.f

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
So all people who are huge are just that way because of the way they eat and they can lose weight easily?

Pretty much yeah.
I never seen a obese ethiopian or marathon runner. If you get to 300lbs you're going to have to put in alot of effort to lose the weight but you should have considered that when you got to 200lbs.

Obsidian

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Obsidian said:
So all people who are huge are just that way because of the way they eat and they can lose weight easily?

Pretty much yeah.
I never seen a obese ethiopian or marathon runner. If you get to 300lbs you're going to have to put in alot of effort to lose the weight but you should have considered that when you got to 200lbs.

I don't know I have seen a lot of people who are just naturally heavy people you can lose weight but the way you guys make it is if it comes off easily. Losing weight is hard to do, gaining weight is easy.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is saying that shedding 200+ lbs is a picnic, but that it is at least within the realm of possibility whereas with hairloss, (at least for the more advanced sufferers) there is no cure. The difference between weight and hairloss is personal accountability. The injustice here is that there are people out there that hold us personaly accountable for our hairloss, as if it is our own fault we are bald. They assume the same thing they do with the overweight, that we don't take care of ourselves and don't take pride in our appearance...which to them is a unforgivable sin. Stupid fuckers.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Gaining is no simpler than losing it just takes less physical effort. In order to become obese you really have to go outside of the average energy intake/expenditure of a normal human being.

Boondock

Reaction score
BrightonBaldy said:
Boondock said:
Bingo. Obesity can be fought, and is a state you can stop yourself falling into to begin with. With hair loss we're powerless.

A lad I work with has a back problem, I dont know the details but it is genetic and theres no cure, as with hairloss.

He has to get fluid drained from his spine every two weeks for the rest of his life, that just keeps him upright, I'm sure he'd trade with me in a heartbeat.

And one of my friends got cancer at 21. What's your point here?

I'm not saying that hair loss is worse than having a congenital back disorder which requires biweekly fluid drainage. I'm saying it's worse than being overweight (not because it looks better, but because obesity is a) curable, and b) partially self-inflicted).

You seem to be refuting a point that I didn't make.

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
I would take being bald over being obese any day of the week. Not eating when you are hungry is HARD. It's on your mind 24/7 and is incredibly uncomfortable.

If it were a simple matter of self control people would not be cutting out their intestines to lose weight.

Look at someone like Oprah. She is obviously incredibly disciplined and hard working yet still cannot manage her weight.

Also today not going bald is just a matter of popping a pill every day. It does not get much easier than that.

Boondock

Reaction score
dougfunny said:
I would take being bald over being obese any day of the week. Not eating when you are hungry is HARD. It's on your mind 24/7 and is incredibly uncomfortable.

If it were a simple matter of self control people would not be cutting out their intestines to lose weight.

Look at someone like Oprah. She is obviously incredibly disciplined and hard working yet still cannot manage her weight.

Also today not going bald is just a matter of popping a pill every day. It does not get much easier than that.

The last point's a fair one to make. I would say, however, that if someone gets sides from finasteride - hair loss is definitely worse than obesity.

Losing weight is no joke, but it can be done. I know that because I've seen people do it.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Boondock said:
BrightonBaldy said:
Boondock said:
Bingo. Obesity can be fought, and is a state you can stop yourself falling into to begin with. With hair loss we're powerless.

A lad I work with has a back problem, I dont know the details but it is genetic and theres no cure, as with hairloss.

He has to get fluid drained from his spine every two weeks for the rest of his life, that just keeps him upright, I'm sure he'd trade with me in a heartbeat.

And one of my friends got cancer at 21. What's your point here?

I'm not saying that hair loss is worse than having a congenital back disorder which requires biweekly fluid drainage. I'm saying it's worse than being overweight (not because it looks better, but because obesity is a) curable, and b) partially self-inflicted).

You seem to be refuting a point that I didn't make.

I was agreeing with you obviously, just wanted to add the point that theres worse things that can go wrong with us than hairloss.

We all seem to be on the same page here I'm glad to see, besides those who deny that burning more calories than they consume reduces body weight.

If you have zero fat in your diet, then zero fat can be added to your body, obviously having zero fat is impossible but the saying is true -YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

And as such I'd trade hairloss for 100 extra pounds, within a year it'd be gone, thats not 'the grass is greener' mentality at play here, I wouldnt trade my average 5'11 height for 5'2+hair for example.. as I said before, being fat and unhealthy is a lifestyle choice, when talking about people that are 250 pounds+ I honestly cant imagine how hard it must be to get to that sort of weight.

You would need to have almost no physical exercise at all, you would have to spend a hell of alot more money on food, surely your body would start rejecting it and tell your brain to stop seeking food??

Boondock

Reaction score
I was agreeing with you obviously, just wanted to add the point that theres worse things that can go wrong with us than hairloss.

We all seem to be on the same page here I'm glad to see, besides those who deny that burning more calories than they consume reduces body weight.

If you have zero fat in your diet, then zero fat can be added to your body, obviously having zero fat is impossible but the saying is true -YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT.

And as such I'd trade hairloss for 100 extra pounds, within a year it'd be gone, thats not 'the grass is greener' mentality at play here, I wouldnt trade my average 5'11 height for 5'2+hair for example.. as I said before, being fat and unhealthy is a lifestyle choice, when talking about people that are 250 pounds+ I honestly cant imagine how hard it must be to get to that sort of weight.

You would need to have almost no physical exercise at all, you would have to spend a hell of alot more money on food, surely your body would start rejecting it and tell your brain to stop seeking food??

100% agree with this viewpoint.

s.a.f

Reaction score
BrightonBaldy said:

Firstly its not about eating FAT, the body converts any calories to fat if they are not burned, there for even a fat free diet could still make you gain fat.
As for the last part you've got to understand that for the last 300,000+ yrs the body has been telling humans to store fat for survival purposes. Subconcious genetics like that cant be changed over a few generations.

dougfunny said:

Sorry but there is no miracle cure, for some people even the big 3 wont do sh*t.
Plus just because Oprah is driven in business does'nt mean she is in control in every aspect of her life, the simple fact is she does'nt have to do much physical work because she's so rich and probably has more fancy meals every day than most people have in month.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BrightonBaldy said:
Boondock said:

i all honestly i would swap with him if he's a nw1

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
dougfunny said:
I would take being bald over being obese any day of the week. Not eating when you are hungry is HARD. It's on your mind 24/7 and is incredibly uncomfortable. [...]

I beg to differ.

I've lost a lot of weight in the past two years and my personal impression is this: at first it was really difficult to get rid of my old habits, but once I disciplined myself and started eating less and less, things got easier and food became a less important part of my life.

Obesity can be overcome with persistence and hard work; no amount of discipline will beat male pattern baldness.

Boondock

Reaction score
Belmondo said:
dougfunny said:
I would take being bald over being obese any day of the week. Not eating when you are hungry is HARD. It's on your mind 24/7 and is incredibly uncomfortable. [...]

I beg to differ.

I've lost a lot of weight in the past two years and my personal impression is this: at first it was really difficult to get rid of my old habits, but once I disciplined myself and started eating less and less, things got easier and food became a less important part of my life.

Obesity can be overcome with persistence and hard work; no amount of discipline will beat male pattern baldness.

Obesity is like quitting cigarettes. It's tough, especially at first. And you will always face temptations. But, it can be solved. Hair loss can't.

i all honestly i would swap with him if he's a nw1

Are you taking the piss?

torn21

Reaction score
I agree with the others. Comparing obesity to hair loss/short stature/genetic spine condition is apples to oranges.

sandovalusa

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd rather be bald. Shave and forget. That's how I roll now.

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
Belmondo said:
dougfunny said:

I beg to differ.

I don't think you can make a blanket statement like this at all. It depends on the individual. You have no idea what any other person might be experiencing and how easy or hard you have it in comparison to them.

For example, I'm pretty sure if you take a family full of fat people and remove a child and have that child raised by a healthy family.. he will still end up heavier than average.

Also from my own experience, I once took a drug that caused me to gain a lot of weight. Before that, I might have agreed with you that it was just a matter of willpower. But I remember being on this drug, the urge to eat was so overwhelming that it took almost superhuman powers to resist eating.

Maybe that is what it is like for some obese people? If so, then I do not think they have as much control as you think.

For a lot of people though you are right - it is just being lazy. Not all, however.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely hair loss, you can tackle obesity easier. I don't think being below average in height is something that will hold you back really.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe?

There is nothing better than going through old threads discovering those ridiculous cure claims. People back in 2010 where so naive ^^

:D
Eh, I don't feel like it adds any value to anything. But you do you. This forum is half dead anyway, so it doesn't matter.