Obesity vs hair loss vs short stature

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
fernand said:
[...] I don't think it will take more than 10 years until scientists come up with a way to use stem cells to grow hair. [...]

My feelings exactly.

I'm very optimistic. Medical science is evolving so fast, it's only a matter of time until they come up with a definitive cure. In the last 10 years, a lot of progress has been made: finasteride, despite all its flaws, was a huge leap forward.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd take being bald over being obese or short. If you are obese then your health is at a serious risk. You might die of a heart attack before you even burn the weight off. If you are short (say under 5'4) then your dating opportunities are severely limited. Most women (in my experience) only date men at the same height or taller.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
toocoolforhair said:
I'd take being bald over being obese or short. If you are obese then your health is at a serious risk. You might die of a heart attack before you even burn the weight off.
very unlikely if you burn it off right, i mean if you were 30 stone you should start with like a 10 minute walk every day

toocoolforhair said:
If you are short (say under 5'4) then your dating opportunities are severely limited. Most women (in my experience) only date men at the same height or taller.

:innocent:
Bridget%2Bthe%2BMidget.jpg

Nene

Reaction score
barcafan said:
Nene said:
I agree. If I was fat I could lose weight, but being bald sucks cause there is nothing you can do. Being short though, I guess it depends on how short we're talking. I'd give up an inch, maybe even 2 to keep my hair. But Being 5"7 or shorter, not so sure about that.

We're talking an inch for every Norwood point.

LoL. Well lets see. I'm 5'10 and will probably end up norwood 5. So to get me to norwood 1 I'd have to be 5'6, no thanks. If I gave up 2 inches, I'd be 5'8 and norwood 3. In that case I could get a transplant and be norwood 0 and 5"8, that might not be so bad.

Boondock

Reaction score
I'm about 5 10. I probably would trade in to go 5' 6 for a NW1, but I don't think I'd go any shorter than that.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ill have the sort with nw0 please (no less then 1.7m), thanks-bye!

question7

Reaction score
Are the above posters serious? Dudes, being 5'8 sucks. Females, and people in general, are for more forgiving of a bald head (especially if you shave it) then being short.

Not that it would mean anything, but next time your out look at how many short guys have hot girls vs how many bald guys have hot girls. Although its just anecdotal evidence, I would say more average height/tall bald men have hotter girl friends then short guys.

Now, being short and balding....

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think theres much more chance of a cancer cure happening first.

And 5'8"? thats not exactly short its within average height range.

Nene

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I think theres much more chance of a cancer cure happening first.

And 5'8"? thats not exactly short its within average height range.

I know sheesh. What's so bad about 5'8? I have friends who are that height, some shorter and they don't seem to have trouble with the ladies.

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd much rather be the way I am, balding or not, than be either obese or short. Some of you guys say that obesity you can control and lose the weight, but I don't think it's that simple because you have bone structure you can't control as well as some genetic factors in that sort of thing. Even with lip-suction people end up with big *** skin flaps where the fat used to be.

I'm 6 feet and I'm a pretty skinny dude, and honestly I'm still really grateful for what redeeming physical factors I have. Since my hair isn't too far gone I still feel like I can get hot chicks, but I just don't think I have that part of me anymore where I can basically haunt a girl in her daydreams. That part really hurts because I was really someone who thrived on that sort of passion, like something out of a chick flick sort of movie like twilight or the virgin suicides. It hurts me in the deepest way possible to feel like I don't have that anymore.

Honestly though, I don't even think I would care so much about my hair if I was short or chubby, because people like that can totally find partners that mirror themselves in that way, and be perfectly happy with a deep connection. If you're short and/or chubby to begin with, I don't think your hair is gonna make any difference to the quality of partner you've been getting. If you're tall, thin, and fit, I think it makes a world of difference.

Galaxy86

Reaction score
I cannot believe that someone would want to be obeise instead of having hairloss.

I would take hairloss in a heartbeat. I'd rather be healthy and active. Health means a lot to me, sinceI know how hard it is for people who are unhealthy, and or dying.

Yes I have plenty of problems in my life, many worries, I become depressed just like anyone else. BUT

I am happy with what I have, so so happy to be alive and healthy, and I realise how lucky I am, I am thankful to be healthy.

p.s 5'8 aint that short, look around you there are a LOT of men that height, with no problems with it, I'd even say it's closer to the average height. Especially considering world average height.

CCS

Reaction score
Obviously being obese is far worse than being fit and short or bald. But there is still a sliding scale. What if a short guy has 6 pack abs and a tall guy has 5 pounds of fat on his stomach? Then we might not be so sure which is better. But we know there are a lot of guys who just have 5 pounds of fat on their stomach. And if that is still better, then it would seem unfair to the short, fitter guy.

But you guys miss the point. Getting a girlfriend is not that hard if you are able and willing to pay. Lots of guys pay for dinner, movie, and other stuff on a regular basis in hopes of getting sex. If they are good negotiators, they can get it sometimes. Other times they are lead on and ripped off. But any 5 foot tall guy can get it if he has money. I think what we all want is to get that hottie without having to pay. We wish she'd be just as attracted to us as we are to her, and not charge us for her company. That is where being in good shape and such really comes in more.

Average chumps think that it is they that want to take a woman on a date. Women even play hard to get to keep them thinking this. But would you really enjoy that date if you knew for a fact you would not even get a kiss even after 6 months? Some virgins will say yes, but your excitement you feel is wanting, not happiness. Fact is, if you seem safe and nice, not angry and horny, most women will let you buy them stuff. It is they who want the date, and you who wants more. You need to know they want it, and learn how to present yourself and do subtle negotiations in better ways so you are less likely to get nothing. Don't keep chasing someone who is not interested or just leading you on. Your most powerful tool is your ability to walk away. Just act like they just are not keeping your interest. Let them think if they just gave you a small bone you'd stay. Don't let them think they need to give you a bigger bone until later after they've invested a bit first. That is part of the mystery method, explained in common sense.

If you act like an excited puppy, they will sense you think you are about to get a lot, and then they run. They might not see you as a catch, but they would see it as a catch if they could get your unlimited money without having to do much in return. That is bate. You give them increasing hoops to go through in their attempt to get it. Each time, you act like you are deciding if they are the one, rather than acting like you are trying hard to go as far as you can go. That is the strategy used against rip off artists. If she actually is willing to put out but likes money, then it is OK to show your interest and pay, as long as you realize she does not want sex 5x a day like you do with her.

Innermind

Established Member
Reaction score
When people say obesity, I assume they mean TRUE GENETIC OBESITY. Because 98% of the "obese" people in this world are obese because of the lifestyle they live. If all I had to do was change my diet and exercise to regain my hair, then I would never ever be bald.

However, if we are talking TRUE GENETIC OBESITY, then I would rather have hair loss.

Im 5' 11" right now, I would graciously give 3 inches to go from a Norwood 6 to Norwood 3 as long as it was a permanent NW3. The average height is 5' 10", and being 5' 8" isn't that much shorter, well within the range of normal height for a man. However, any shorter than 5' 8" and I probably wouldn't trade it off.

This is, of course, my opinion.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Innermind said:
When people say obesity, I assume they mean TRUE GENETIC OBESITY. Because 98% of the "obese" people in this world are obese because of the lifestyle they live. If all I had to do was change my diet and exercise to regain my hair, then I would never ever be bald.

Some people on here (Hoppi) seem to think thats all you need to do. :whistle:

But what exactly is true genetic obesity, I've never seen it occuring in the 3rd world. Surely some people put on weight easier than others but in the end as long as you're not overeating I dont see how its possible to become obese. Take any obese person lock them in a room and give them only 1000 cals a day and sooner or later they'll be skinny.

Nene

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Innermind said:

Some people on here (Hoppi) seem to think thats all you need to do. :whistle:

But what exactly is true genetic obesity, I've never seen it occuring in the 3rd world. Surely some people put on weight easier than others but in the end as long as you're not overeating I dont see how its possible to become obese. Take any obese person lock them in a room and give them only 1000 cals a day and sooner or later they'll be skinny.

Sometimes people have very slow metabolisms and are more prone to weight gain. Some people are just fat their whole lives and it seems like there isn' t much they can do. Maybe they are just lazy but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

s.a.f

Reaction score
But I've seen people who've been fat their whole lives and so have all their family and then they lose it.
Eg look at Jack Osbourne he and his sister were always fat their mum is a dumpy little cow and at his worst he weighed over 200lbs then he got into rock climbing and after training hard at it instead of his usual lifestyle he actually became really buff. It lasted about 6months and these days he's a fat arse again but surely if he'd kept up the same regime theres no reason he could'nt still have that body.

There are some humans who have geneticly thick builds but there really is no excuse for carrying around rolls of flab.

[attachment=0:1201b6uq]jack_osbourne.jpg[/attachment:1201b6uq]

Attachments

• jack_osbourne.jpg
    jack_osbourne.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 442

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
All three of these are considered signs of genetic inferiority.
The only one that truly is would be obesity.
Short guys or dudes losing their hair aren't going to suffer any health issues because of their perceived "problems" .
We may not be as attractive as our taller counterparts with full heads of hair, but that's just a visual judgement. I'm shorter than most of my friends and have less hair, but physically they can't outdo me at much of anything. But if we all went out to a club trolling for women, it wouldn't matter who can run the farthest, lift the most, or is more intelligent. I'd be left in the dust and have to hope that whatever chick was left over had consumed just enough alcohol to make me seem like a good catch. That's just a sad fact of life.

Innermind

Established Member
Reaction score
fernand said:
I agree. If I was fat I could lose weight, but being bald sucks cause there is nothing you can do.
You can do hair transplant and I don't think it will take more than 10 years until scientists come up with a way to use stem cells to grow hair. I am following this stuff closely and even now people can already grow organs in the lab.

Worst advice ever.

davidbeckham007

Reaction score
Obesity can be fixed. Short stature needs more efforts to be sorted out, but it's still possible to increase height with a leg lengthening surgery.
I'd go further and ask what would you choose, baldness or small penis?

s.a.f

Reaction score
davidbeckham007 said:
Obesity can be fixed. Short stature needs more efforts to be sorted out, but it's still possible to increase height with a leg lengthening surgery.
I'd go further and ask what would you choose, baldness or small penis?

Would you really go through having your legs broken and not being able to walk for 6 months just to gain about an inch?