Nw2 or 3. What should i do next?(23 yo)

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't notice that, it's extremely difficult to see in that photograph. Maybe you're right though. Would need a better photo to be sure tbh.
this is probably the clearest photo that he posted.

IMG_20211117_123125.jpg

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
EDIT: never mind. I just read your first post lol

Last edited:

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I was mistaken. He definitely has some very slight thinning at the crown. I didn't see it before.

vasidarv

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another photo, with 2 week grown hair. Unfortunately the pattern is so visible now, i think the contrast between sides and top is pretty obvious. I've already regretted my choice to shave my head, first because people can tell I'm balding and second because I've no idea how much I'm shedding.

Attachments

• IMG_20220124_134650.jpg
    IMG_20220124_134650.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 157

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another photo, with 2 week grown hair. Unfortunately the pattern is so visible now, i think the contrast between sides and top is pretty obvious. I've already regretted my choice to shave my head, first because people can tell I'm balding and second because I've no idea how much I'm shedding.
It doesn't look like you're going bald to me.

Yeah, in those photos with your longer hair, it looked like there was a slightly thinning patch near the crown, but only slight. With it shaved it looks totally normal.

vasidarv

My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't look like you're going bald to me.

Yeah, in those photos with your longer hair, it looked like there was a slightly thinning patch near the crown, but only slight. With it shaved it looks totally normal.
But sides have 2x density than vertex, how is that normal?

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But sides have 2x density than vertex, how is that normal?
I can't really see that from the photos. Of course the sides look thicker than the top if the photo is pointing straight down.

I'm not saying you're not thinning. It does look a bit thinner on the crown in the longer-hair photos.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just grow your hair and stop taking pictures of your buzz. Unreal.

vasidarv

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found a photo of my hair exactly one year ago, approximately same length, okay maybe a bit longer last year, but close enough. Difference is massive, I mean I'm pretty much still in shock it looks like I completely quit finasteride or something like that, otherwise this kind of hairloss is abnormal even if you're not in any treatment. I mean, yes, switching to 0.5 could have an impact but this much? I mean, wow
UPDATE:Shedding finally has come to an end, it was already minimal when I shaved my head and 1 month after it's the same, very few strands of hair. Absolutely no sign of regrowth so far, though. Hair looks like sh*t right now, my friends started commenting on this front island and for the first time in my life I'm considering Toppik. To be honest, I'm not expecting any regrowth, I will be more than happy by just maintaining.

Attachments

• IMG_20220206_151902.jpg
    IMG_20220206_151902.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20220206_151917.jpg
    IMG_20220206_151917.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

vasidarv

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update on my situation. We're 40 days after shaving my head, hair starting to look better finally. To be honest I think it's Just because it grows and my pattern show less, I don't think there's regrowth, but shedding also remains very low. I also need your opinion i have 2 pics, one taken today and the other 1 month ago, Same angle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-02-23-03-12-38-657_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-02-23-03-12-38-657_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_2022-02-23-03-12-26-813_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-02-23-03-12-26-813_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 130

vasidarv

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, a quick update. I started shedding again at big amounts, I think it's close to what it used to be with the generic, I can't really comment on my hair density, it's growing every day so it normally looks thicker, and I can't really estimate how fast I'm losing ground. I have decided to move to something new, and the choices are either dutasteride 2x a week or Ru50mg daily. I'm asking you for some honest opinions on which product is better for my current situation. Duta is a lot cheaper and easier and this is a plus, but there also some horror stories about shedding plus more sides. My theory is that for some time finasteride worked perfectly for me and then probably my body adjusted to it, so maybe Dutasteride could give that extra boost, so that I can get some more years with decent hair.
What do you think?
Below is a recent photo, mid scalp under certain light looks bad, unfortunately.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-03-18-00-33-05-996_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-18-00-33-05-996_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 82

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
So, a quick update. I started shedding again at big amounts, I think it's close to what it used to be with the generic, I can't really comment on my hair density, it's growing every day so it normally looks thicker, and I can't really estimate how fast I'm losing ground. I have decided to move to something new, and the choices are either dutasteride 2x a week or Ru50mg daily. I'm asking you for some honest opinions on which product is better for my current situation. Duta is a lot cheaper and easier and this is a plus, but there also some horror stories about shedding plus more sides. My theory is that for some time finasteride worked perfectly for me and then probably my body adjusted to it, so maybe Dutasteride could give that extra boost, so that I can get some more years with decent hair.
What do you think?
Below is a recent photo, mid scalp under certain light looks bad, unfortunately.
Still looks like a full head. I don't think you need dutasteride just yet. RU is an option but I would rather use oral or topical minoxidil for your case. You don't want to over treat a nonaggressive situation. You have to consider how aggressive your case is when treating it.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still looks like a full head. I don't think you need dutasteride just yet. RU is an option but I would rather use oral or topical minoxidil for your case. You don't want to over treat a nonaggressive situation. You have to consider how aggressive your case is when treating it.
My hairline is better than his and no bald spot lol. I have slow hairloss and only Nw3 max in family history so i believe my slow hair growth on sides Close to crown on top is not just male pattern baldness. Not just dht. I do have depression and yeah.. gonna start keto diet and do smoothies everyday. Read it worked amazing for 2 women on reddit. Keto diet made her hair grow fast before it was slow. Also another woman did green smoothies every morning. Consisting of spinach blueberries and banana. She said her hair thickened and got regrowth. I never tried raw smoothies before when you cook veggies you lose alot of nutrients you know. So i hope this and ketoconazole shampoo helps man. Or im saving for transplant to replace my slow *** growing hair .

vasidarv

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, honestly it looks like a full head, just not good quality of hair. I'm using topical minoxidil, for 3 years now, oral is not an option cause of side effects and availability, maybe I could try RU?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
My hairline is better than his and no bald spot lol. I have slow hairloss and only Nw3 max in family history so i believe my slow hair growth on sides Close to crown on top is not just male pattern baldness. Not just dht. I do have depression and yeah.. gonna start keto diet and do smoothies everyday. Read it worked amazing for 2 women on reddit. Keto diet made her hair grow fast before it was slow. Also another woman did green smoothies every morning. Consisting of spinach blueberries and banana. She said her hair thickened and got regrowth. I never tried raw smoothies before when you cook veggies you lose alot of nutrients you know. So i hope this and ketoconazole shampoo helps man. Or im shaving for transplant to replace my slow *** growing hair .
If your hair is better than his you must have really good hair. I am starting to think you might be another BDD case. :) Can you prove me wrong?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Yes, honestly it looks like a full head, just not good quality of hair. I'm using topical minoxidil, for 3 years now, oral is not an option cause of side effects and availability, maybe I could try RU?
Make sure it's legit RU. I heard RU does not really give good regrowth but more maintenance.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
If your hair is better than his you must have really good hair. I am starting to think you might be another BDD case. :) Can you prove me wrong?
I can say duta has helped. I had continued slow af recession and abit frontal thinning and slow hair growth on top left and right Side but weirdly middle crown always stays the same thickness. Weird af.

vasidarv

My Regimen
Reaction score
Make sure it's legit RU. I heard RU does not really give good regrowth but more maintenance.
Maintenance is my goal right now. I will be more than happy with that. Is there really evidence that it helped maintaining with people that were losing on just finasteride? Anagen should be legit, I think.