Nw2 or 3. What should i do next?(23 yo)

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You people are all insane.

OP is not going bald. As seems to be the case with most posters here.

Not everybody has a perfectly straight, thick hairline that goes from one corner of their head directly to the other. In fact, that is extremely rare, even in per-pubescent girls who are definitely not going bald ffs!

Taking dutasteride or finasteride is absolute crazy talk. He's a young kid about to nuke his male hormones over severe BDD. He has great, thick hair with absolutely zero sign of any baldness.

Last edited:

Xader

My Regimen
Reaction score
You people are all insane.

OP is not going bald. As seems to be the case with most posters here.

Not everybody has a perfectly straight, thick hairline that goes from one corner of their head directly to the other. In fact, that is extremely rare, even in per-pubescent girls who are definitely not going bald ffs!

Taking dutasteride or finasteride is absolute crazy talk. He's a young kid about to nuke his male hormones over severe BDD. He has great, thick hair with absolutely zero sign of any baldness.
Im sorry... but are you blind? Look at the photos with shaved head on page 2....

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im sorry... but are you blind? Look at the photos with shaved head on page 2....
You are out of your mind. He is definitely not going bald.

Even guys with the thickest hair in the world typically have a little tiny bit of thinner hair and recession at the temples. Even girls do ffs. Not having a dead straight hairline that goes across your forehead like a ruler is NOT a sign of going bald.

The guy's hair is thick as f--k. The fact that he thinks he is NW2 or NW3 is a clear sign of BDD.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk, dont have a will to post anymore, forum feels a bit dead without descending dog and Calliou posting.
Feels like all the threads have become the same and all topics were beaten to death.
How is your hair holding up? Any changes to your regimen?

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why OP is losing hair:

1. He is experiencing increased shedding
2. Visible crown loss in the page two update
3. Diffuse NW6 pattern when shaved, as OP himself admits

OP is just more fortunate to have thick enough hair that it looks a lot better cosmetically when it is longer and dry. That does not mean he is not losing hair. In fact, his hair loss is quite similar to Tom Brady who has certainly done a fair share of work to maintain his hair. And TB definitely has the same aggressive balding pattern as his father.

And btw with diffuse thinning it doesn't matter if you even have a NW0 hairline. But if you look at the shaved head pic, he has started to lose the square edges of the temples, and is clearly starting to experience an inverted rounding in the temple area. He is not a NW3 yet, but you can see that he is on his way. It is obvious his hairline is diffusing when grown out. Preventative treatments must be taken in order for OP to maintain. Now, some people do maintain a diffuse hair pattern for many years and never go completely bald, but some go bald in a matter of a few years. Regardless, it is clear that OP is heading in the wrong direction and needs a stronger regimen to slow this down.

Last edited:

fatelephant

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why OP is losing hair:

OP is just more fortunate to have thick enough hair that it looks a lot better cosmetically when it is longer and dry. That does not mean he is not losing hair. In fact, his hair loss is quite similar to Tom Brady who has certainly done a fair share of work to maintain his hair. And TB definitely has the same aggressive balding pattern as his father.

And btw with diffuse thinning it doesn't matter if you even have a NW0 hairline. But if you look at the shaved head pic, he has started to lose the square edges of the temples, and is clearly starting to experience an inverted rounding in the temple area. He is not a NW3 yet, but you can see that he is on his way. It is obvious his hairline is diffusing when grown out. Preventative treatments must be taken in order for OP to maintain. Now, some people do maintain a diffuse hair pattern for many years and never go completely bald, but some go bald in a matter of a few years. Regardless, it is clear that OP is heading in the wrong direction and needs a stronger regimen to slow this down.
Honestly ... I don't know what you're talking about. He has super-thick hair. It's a tiny bit thinner in the corners of the crown which is completely and totally normal even for a 7 year old girl. He actually has abnormally thick hair.

This place needs to be renamed the BDD forum.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly ... I don't know what you're talking about. He has super-thick hair. It's a tiny bit thinner in the corners of the crown which is completely and totally normal even for a 7 year old girl. He actually has abnormally thick hair.

A lot of cases on here are BDD, but the shaved head pics are very clear to me

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
He has minor diffuse loss at the hairline. Shave head seems to show even density beyond the hairline.

vasidarv

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for their point. What do you think it's my best bet. Ru or dutasteride. I'm closer to RU to be honest, at least for the moment.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for their point. What do you think it's my best bet. Ru or dutasteride. I'm closer to RU to be honest, at least for the moment.
Like I've already mentioned, if you have only swapped to brand name finasteride 6 or 7 weeks ago, I would give it time to work, and see how your hair responds in the coming months before you start adding additional treatments.

vasidarv

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why OP is losing hair:

Thing is, isn't finasteride already a strong regimen. Most people that can't maintain on Finasteride, Don't do much better on duta for example.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

You are a good troll lol. Are you blind? Thats a bald spot forming. A thin spot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-20-20-53-08-847_com.snapchat.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-20-20-53-08-847_com.snapchat.android.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

It's all about perspective. You have more loss than most of the average new posters here who happen to be half your age. I can tell you my hair looks way thicker in photos than in person so you have to take that into account. Most new posters are just transitioning into a mature hairline but they have no idea how far past that they will go so they are going to want some type insurance it won't happen. I think starting early is the key. I would say with very few exceptions most of these guy have reason to be concerned because nobody knows your hair better than yourself.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Taking dutasteride or finasteride is absolute crazy talk. He's a young kid about to nuke his male hormones
If you read the OP he has already been on finasteride for a couple of years at this point.