Notcoolanymore - My Hair Loss Story

shreyaskini

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn man! i never knew your hairloss was that bad. Really happy for the results you got and without a doubt its one of the best i've ever seen. You were able to grow hair on a bald head(probably the hairs were miniaturised not dead) and you had almost reached the point of no return or perhaps you did yet you were successful. N yes we need an update. This is just so great and inspirational for a diffuse thinner like me :)

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember this but forgot about it. Notcool, you really responded well in the first 6 months, must be the minoxidil perhaps. I get why you feel you left it late but still, with a hair transplant added you could get some good results. You are definitely a good responder if that makes sense even though you left it late. Any growth at the front?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Damn man! i never knew your hairloss was that bad. Really happy for the results you got and without a doubt its one of the best i've ever seen. You were able to grow hair on a bald head(probably the hairs were miniaturised not dead) and you had almost reached the point of no return or perhaps you did yet you were successful. N yes we need an update. This is just so great and inspirational for a diffuse thinner like me :)

Just noticed you guys bumped this. Yes my hair loss was/is this bad. I would say that not much has changed since the latest pics. Crown is still pretty thin. Thinner than the pics actually show. I gained a good amount over all, but the top of my head is still pretty thin. When my hair is wet, it is pretty much see through. Regimen is still the same, which is primarily the big 3. Played with LLLT for a while, but I think I am throwing in the towel on that. I have actually been growing it out since November. All I can pretty much pull of is a "messy" style unfortunately, but it is what it is. I can always go back to buzzing it if I start feeling foolish, but for now I actually like it more than buzzed. If I can ever take decent pic I will post it. The recession sucks, but I have to remember I'm close to 40 so I guess I can deal with it. I have thrown the idea around of getting transplant for the hair line and overall density, but not sure if it is worth it as there is some risk involved.

Not sure if I mentioned it in this thread, but that is why I am all for giving guys proper information when it comes to treating hair loss. I didn't start treating my hair loss until I was almost 37, but I went seeking medical advice since my mid 20's. I was told by 2 doctors that there was nothing I could do, which I now know was a lie. I resorted to snake oils and other crap that of course didn't work. It wasn't until I found this and other resources that I actually decided it was worth it to try to fight my hair loss and I am glad I did. What would my hair be like if I was able to get the correct information? Maybe I wouldn't be posting on this forum right now?

viet nom nom

Established Member
Reaction score
are you considering a hair transplant for whatever finasteride doesn't fill in

Not a direct follow up question, but notcool is a great case study. Since he has full coverage, a hair transplant would be an attempt to fill in the thin spots. Would this work, or would it damage the other hairs in that area, leaving him in the same place he started?

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not a direct follow up question, but notcool is a great case study. Since he has full coverage, a hair transplant would be an attempt to fill in the thin spots. Would this work, or would it damage the other hairs in that area, leaving him in the same place he started?

are you referring to shock loss? Supposedly shock loss dosent happen much if you go to a good hair surgeon but there is still the risk
For notcool I think he should just fill in the temples if he can pull off the buzzcut well

eldanio

Reaction score
I think the crown looks pretty good, and the temples are as good as they are going to get. Because of the area I think a htt would work quite well to restore the hair line, but it still looks much better overall.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
Just noticed you guys bumped this. Yes my hair loss was/is this bad. I would say that not much has changed since the latest pics. Crown is still pretty thin. Thinner than the pics actually show. I gained a good amount over all, but the top of my head is still pretty thin. When my hair is wet, it is pretty much see through. Regimen is still the same, which is primarily the big 3. Played with LLLT for a while, but I think I am throwing in the towel on that. I have actually been growing it out since November. All I can pretty much pull of is a "messy" style unfortunately, but it is what it is. I can always go back to buzzing it if I start feeling foolish, but for now I actually like it more than buzzed. If I can ever take decent pic I will post it. The recession sucks, but I have to remember I'm close to 40 so I guess I can deal with it. I have thrown the idea around of getting transplant for the hair line and overall density, but not sure if it is worth it as there is some risk involved.

Not sure if I mentioned it in this thread, but that is why I am all for giving guys proper information when it comes to treating hair loss. I didn't start treating my hair loss until I was almost 37, but I went seeking medical advice since my mid 20's. I was told by 2 doctors that there was nothing I could do, which I now know was a lie. I resorted to snake oils and other crap that of course didn't work. It wasn't until I found this and other resources that I actually decided it was worth it to try to fight my hair loss and I am glad I did. What would my hair be like if I was able to get the correct information? Maybe I wouldn't be posting on this forum right now?

stupid thing for me to say but you agree than that if you treated your hair loss earlier it wouldn't be as bad? because im hoping the fact that i started treating my hairloss early means that ill benefit long term compared to someone who has let their hair go

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Notcool, I think the next decade ahead for you will be the toughest and prove just how powerful these drugs are for YOU. If you can maintain for the next decade then you are definitely a success story. You are now going to face senescent alopecia too which LLLT might address. Make sure you have some copper peptides in the mix as well to help with senescent alopecia. Hopefully there will be some new arsenal within that decade to help you fight even harder. And to say in future you won't care is very unlikely too. Its is in your nature to care. Otherwise, you would never be here. And as far as a hair transplant, if you go to one of Turkish doctors or Rahal, I think your risk factor will decrease dramatically as those doctors claim to have very little shock loss with their patients. And supposedly the older you are, the less likely of shock loss. Personally, if my situation was like yours, I would definitely take the risk with no question.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score

This is my concern as well. Things could look pretty good if I fill in the crown and add some density, but the shock loss is what worries me. Sure a top notch surgeon would decrease the chances of that happening, but there still is a risk. I could just get work on my hair line and that would make a pretty nice improvement. Still debating on whether or not I want to do that or just deal with what I have going on now.

- - - Updated - - -

eldanio;1229090[B said:
]I think the crown looks pretty good[/B], and the temples are as good as they are going to get. Because of the area I think a htt would work quite well to restore the hair line, but it still looks much better overall.

I definitely improved overall but believe me it is still thin, especially in the crown. At certain angles and lighting, my crown is pretty see through.

- - - Updated - - -

stupid thing for me to say but you agree than that if you treated your hair loss earlier it wouldn't be as bad?

I definitely agree. Of course there is no way to be 100% sure when it comes to hair loss, but based on how I have responded to treatments I would say that if I started early on I would be in pretty good shape right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Notcool, I think the next decade ahead for you will be the toughest and prove just how powerful these drugs are for YOU. If you can maintain for the next decade then you are definitely a success story. You are now going to face senescent alopecia too which LLLT might address. Make sure you have some copper peptides in the mix as well to help with senescent alopecia. Hopefully there will be some new arsenal within that decade to help you fight even harder. And to say in future you won't care is very unlikely too. Its is in your nature to care. Otherwise, you would never be here. And as far as a hair transplant, if you go to one of Turkish doctors or Rahal, I think your risk factor will decrease dramatically as those doctors claim to have very little shock loss with their patients. And supposedly the older you are, the less likely of shock loss. Personally, if my situation was like yours, I would definitely take the risk with no question.

My hope is that I can maintain what I have with current treatments until a more effective treatment is available. Even I know that is wishful thinking, but that is still my hope.

I have definitely slacked off using LLLT for the last couple of weeks but may get back into doing it. I will look into copper peptides. I don't really know too much about that, so I guess I have some homework to do.

As I mentioned before I am still throwing the transplant idea around. I have so many questions that I need to answer before I make the decision to go under the knife. Is it worth the cost? How much improvement will it really make? Can I live with the way I am now? Are the risks worth it? What am I trying to accomplish by getting a transplant at close to 40yo? Hair loss isn't exactly uncommon at my age. Maybe I am over analyzing but this is just how I work.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for showing interest. I appreciate your guys feedback and comments.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Update - Hair as it is today.

Been growing my hair out for the past few months. This is the way I have been styling it for the past couple of months. I know it's ridiculous, but it is what it is. Keep in mind, the crown is still very thin. I just wanted to give you guys a view from the front, the way most people see me.

hair3.JPG

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
looks good buddy! justin theroux-ish hairstyle

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Thanks man. I appreciate it. BTW, I actually still cut my own hair. I just cant get myself to pay for this type of hair style.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I like. That's a massive improvement and enough there to work with. You definitely can pull it off by growing it out :)

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I definitely like it over the buzzed look. It is still thin all over the top of my head. I would say I am maybe at 40% original density, but at least I can do something with it now.

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
Been growing my hair out for the past few months. This is the way I have been styling it for the past couple of months. I know it's ridiculous, but it is what it is. Keep in mind, the crown is still very thin. I just wanted to give you guys a view from the front, the way most people see me.

View attachment 31827

Density looks really good in that picture. Hows the crown looking nowadays? I think that's a fairly age appropriate level of hair loss. I've seen many people around 40 with more thinning and recession than that. Looks good cheif

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 31827

Wow! Your hair has seriously improved on treatments Notcoolanymore, congratulations! :bravo:

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Density looks really good in that picture. Hows the crown looking nowadays? I think that's a fairly age appropriate level of hair loss. I've seen many people around 40 with more thinning and recession than that. Looks good cheif

The density isn't great. I would say I am about at 40% of original density. I once heard(from spencer kobren) that you have to lose about 50% of your density before you even notice your hair loss. I can definitely tell. The illusion you see in the picture is the result of the style and the hair product which doesn't clump the hair. If I would take a picture right out of the shower you would notice the severity of my hair loss. I appreciate the compliment though.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! Your hair has seriously improved on treatments Notcoolanymore, congratulations! :bravo:

Thanks and yes treatments have improved my hair quite a bit from where I started. At least I can do something with it now. With all that being said I could go outside and take some pictures in the sun and it would look pretty see through. I guess I should just be happy that I am not slick bald, because that is where I was headed when I started my journey.

- - - Updated - - -

I appreciate it.