Nizoral -> hair to dry problem (ketoconazol)

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair is dry already, so Nizoral really dries it out and makes it look thinner. I find that a good jojoba oil conditioner (and even pure jojoba oil) can help a lot. I may also order one of the sulfate-free ketoconazole shampoos mentioned in this thread.
My girlfriend uses Long hair Jaboja conditioner of the brand Jason. I have used it but it doesn't help for me My hair is still dry as Hay.. What do u use? pure joboja oil?

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
I mix castor and jojoba oil then use a syringe to get it on my scalp; the syringe makes it easier to spread it around without the oil pulling any extra hair due to viscosity. I then massage the gunk a bit so it's more evenly distributed then let it sit for a while (a few hours if I have the time) before hopping in the shower and using Nizoral. I find the Nizoral gets rid of the excess oil yet still leaves a nice sheen on my hair. YMMV.

robot_hair

Reaction score
My girlfriend uses Long hair Jaboja conditioner of the brand Jason. I have used it but it doesn't help for me My hair is still dry as Hay.. What do u use? pure joboja oil?

On most days I use a conditioner with jojoba in it (Silk 18 or the one from Bath & Body Works). On Nizoral days the conditioner isn't enough, so I use the conditioner, and I dump a bunch of pure jojoba on my head. My hair is still dry after doing this, so on all non-Nizoral days I use a non-phosphate moisturizing shampoo (SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo) and the jojoba conditioner. After several days my hair gets better.

I don't think my hair can handle Nizoral twice a week.

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
On most days I use a conditioner with jojoba in it (Silk 18 or the one from Bath & Body Works). On Nizoral days the conditioner isn't enough, so I use the conditioner, and I dump a bunch of pure jojoba on my head. My hair is still dry after doing this, so on all non-Nizoral days I use a non-phosphate moisturizing shampoo (SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo) and the jojoba conditioner. After several my hair gets better.

I don't think my hair can handle Nizoral twice a week.
I will switch from 1x Nizoral a week and 2x Revita in a week. What you say : my hair can't handle too much Nizoral.. Also i used a lot of oil now.. It has no slightly minimal improvement to my hair now. I have used Castorl oil when i going to sleep with a shower cap :)

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
haha my girlfriend says: wtf are you doing with my pink showercap? i said: ehmm just wanna have pretty hair :p I orderd on ebay my own showercap :D haha

robot_hair

Reaction score
Update: I am now using the "Big 3" shampoo, as recommended by this thread. All of my dryness problems are gone now. :)

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: I am now using the "Big 3" shampoo, as recommended by this thread. All of my dryness problems are gone now. :)

Alright, that's neat. Lipogaine Big 3 Shampoo is a pretty good product, it also helps to add volume to hair to an extent.

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
You mean of the brand Lipogaine? A

cosmic

Banned
Reaction score
I have used the 1% one for a couple of weeks but didn't like the feel of it in my hair at all. I'm sceptical this actually does anything either.