Nizoral Cream Works Much Better And Faster Than Finasteride, However...

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is the thing... I tried finasteride when I started thinning (Oct '15) but had to stop due to sides (Jun '16). Did nothing for 1,5 years and lost quite some denisty. My Dad was a Norwood 3,5 at 28, and my maternal grandfather was at exactly that same stage around 30. They both had worse hair at my age. Unless I inherrited the genes from my paternal grandfather (is that even possible? who died at 80 years with a Norwood 3 ) I do not seem to be following the same male pattern baldness speed as my dad and maternal grandfather.

Something is not making sense.

you can inherit genes from anyone mate

just be grateful you dont have to use dick killing pills to keep the hair you have

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

just be grateful you dont have to use dick killing pills to keep the hair you have

Hmmm you have dick killing sides from finasteride? only thing i have noticed is it takes manual stimulation to get an erection, but that's not a bad thing tbh.

INT

Reaction score

But it would not make sense if I would get the same male pattern baldness progression as my paternal grandfather (Norwood 3 destiny), if I am a son of his son (Norwood 6 destiny). Then my dad should also have been a Norwood 3.

Am I right?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
But it would not make sense if I would get the same male pattern baldness progression as my paternal grandfather (Norwood 3 destiny), if I am a son of his son (Norwood 6 destiny). Then my dad should also have been a Norwood 3.

Am I right?

no man genes are random

you seem to have got lucky

check out the guys from pawnstars

pawn-stars-5.jpg

grandad nw1, son nw7, grandson nw1

anyway, i dont wana derail the thread

im interested in nizoral cream myself

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I mix it with distilled water. The final consistency is no longer transparanet and a bit more slimey and less runny than water.

...............and how often do you use it? The same as the shampoo?

INT

Reaction score
...............and how often do you use it? The same as the shampoo?

Never used the shampoo. The amount of sulfates in the nizoral shampoo would destroy my hair and the regenepure shampoo has sillicones which is probably why people say it gives them flat hair.

I use it eod

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you mind sharing the exact ingredient list of the brand you are using? Thank you for sharing your experience.
For every 1 gr cream
20 mg ketoconazole
propylene glycol
cetyl alcohol
polysorbate 60
ısopropyl myristate
sorbitan stearate
polysorbat 80
distilled water
waterless sodium sulphide as an antioxidant (?)

abcdefg

Reaction score
Its not that far fetched. We know keto is a powerful AA so when used topically its like topical finasteride? I doubt they sell 2% topical keto at your local store OTC in the US. You need a prescription just for the shampoo.

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its not that far fetched. We know keto is a powerful AA so when used topically its like topical finasteride? I doubt they sell 2% topical keto at your local store OTC in the US. You need a prescription just for the shampoo.
Its a commonly used anti-fungal cream. It doesnt go systemic and and doesnt require a prescription.

Renal failure and bone marrow transplantation are associated with reduced absorption. Ketoconazole is not absorbed systemically after topical administration, and minimally absorbed from the vagina. Distribution of ketoconazole varies according to the tissue sampled, the underlying disease and the dose and duration of treatment.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3280211

INT

Reaction score
I wonder what would happen if more people would use it as a topical instead of a shampoo that is already rinsed of in a few minutes...

INT

Reaction score
Currently traveling without the nizoral topical, shedding like a mofo. Have not applied it in 5 days now.

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Currently traveling without the nizoral topical, shedding like a mofo. Have not applied it in 5 days now.
Same thing happened to me. I stopped using it for a week and shed half my hair.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
They say it does not go systemic however why is it then when I tried the miconizole nitrate I got a monster headache even on low dose. And someone else on here reported a bad head ache and had to quit. I bet whether or not it goes systemic depends on scalp fat, which I'm pretty sure I barely have any of.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remembered a lot of people on the German forum talking about alternative ketoconazole use.. Had a look through all of this pretty long thread that's been running for two years https://www.alopezie.de/fud/index.php/mv/msg/29467/0/640/

Basically no one reported any success... However, most of them didn't use the cream but instead a "lotion" where they mix the 2% shampoo with alcohol.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remembered a lot of people on the German forum talking about alternative ketoconazole use.. Had a look through all of this pretty long thread that's been running for two years https://www.alopezie.de/fud/index.php/mv/msg/29467/0/640/

Basically no one reported any success... However, most of them didn't use the cream but instead a "lotion" where they mix the 2% shampoo with alcohol.

Nizoral shampoo and alcohol does sound odd but I’m sure there was reason in the madness.

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright guys,
Here i present the fastest way to reverse patterned hair loss. I finally found why this cream sometimes worked and sometimes did not.
Use the %2 ketoconazole cream. But there is a trick to it .
If you use it on your dry scalp directly, it will not do anything.
Take a bath and wash your scalp with a shampoo.
Dry your hair gently with a towel but do not overdo it. Let your scalp stay moist.
Now apply the cream on your scalp.
I do this before bed and wash it off in the morning.
Try this and you can thank me later.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright guys,
Here i present the fastest way to reverse patterned hair loss. I finally found why this cream sometimes worked and sometimes did not.
Use the %2 ketoconazole cream. But there is a trick to it .
If you use it on your dry scalp directly, it will not do anything.
Take a bath and wash your scalp with a shampoo.
Dry your hair gently with a towel but do not overdo it. Let your scalp stay moist.
Now apply the cream on your scalp.
I do this before bed and wash it off in the morning.
Try this and you can thank me later.
Thanks for the info...your not getting any side effects at all from it going systemic?. Where do u purchase your 2% cream? Thanks