Niacin Wikipedia ...Interesting...

resu

Reaction score
Nope...you need full-on Niacin...you should check your Nitric Oxide levels to...I eat beets every day, just like having an apple-a-day, and I also supplement with InflaNOX from Axioma Health...using my Neo40 test strips, my NO levels are back to normal and I don't freeze up as bad as I used to...my NO was depleted last year and it was miserable...

I'll check that out if the thyroid levels are normal, during the day I can protect my hands and feet but at night my fingers start to get a bit reddish, like before they get blisters.

ABJac

Reaction score
Whenever a cell is in danger (as, for instance, from a mosquito bite!), the cells that are in danger emit histamine. That wonderful hormone has the ability to send a message to those places in the body which change the blood flow -- to send more blood (water) to that area to provide the nutrients needed to heal the problem, and to carry away the toxins. So, when a mosquito bites you, the area around the bite itches and swells. That is the action of histamine coming to the rescue -- bringing extra blood to supply nutrients to the cells that have been poisoned by the mosquito bite, and to carry away the poison. When a cell is completely overwhelmed (as when it is loaded with toxins) it is in such apathy that it can't even release histamine -- in other words, it is so sick that it can't even call for help. Now, take a look at those cells near the capillaries. They are often loaded with toxins and there is never enough blood flowing near them to take the toxins away. Now, put some niacin in your body and he capillaries increase in size. How much? I don't know exactly, but often at least double in size. Now, you have two blood cells going through the capillary, side-by-side. The chances that this increased blood flow can take away some of those toxins is at least double what it had been. As those poor cells start coming back to life -- getting rid of toxins, they rise UP to the level where they can send out calls for help. They send out small quantities of the hormone, histamine. Histamine causes an itchy feeling anywhere it goes. It also causes the body to send more water (blood) to that area, but what YOU experience is the red skin and the itchy reaction from histamine. If you take niacin and DON'T have a flush, it could be that your capillaries are too far gone to be helped, or more likely, you don't have a lot of toxins ready to be removed just then. So, you should seek the niacin flush. It does a great deal of good for your body -- increasing blood flow, taking nutrients to areas that are starved, and taking AWAY some of those toxins that cause illness, tiredness and disease.

When I was in high school, I knew a few savy pot heads that Niacin flushed a bunch of times to pass drug tests. I do not know if this works but they did it repeatedly. Much like most accidental discoveries, some of these kids noticed that within 24 hours, there skin (acne/complexion) had cleared entirely. Now I am not sure how niacin affects PDG2, but I can personally vouch for the benefits I bolded in this article. I have severe allergies, and I get the same reaction during an allergy attack that I do with a niacin flush, just less severe. The silver lining here is that because are scalp is the furthest region from our scalp upwards, It certainly gets the least blow, and this creates a back up of toxins localized in the scalp and skin. I have also experimented with Niacin for acne a few years back, and I can say without a doubt this has a severe effect directly to the skin, and I would believe that a two pronged effect is responsible. 1. Niacin dilates capillaries allowing them to release toxins and fill with blood, and it also causes the body to go into protection mode and send an abundance of nutrients to the skin. I would have to believe that this would be very positive given most people are trying to flush roaming DHT from Telogen Effluvium blood, and increase scalp circulation.

Ginkosama

Reaction score
I lived in Denmark for a year. People there have very halthy lifes, at least healthier than 90% of Americans, yet they have some balides too. Some baldies who eat organic food, don't smoke and work out 4 times a week.

Maybe Niacin flushes out all the toxins but toxins can't be the cause of male pattern baldness. If Niacin helps this isn't the explanation.
Green clay detoxifies the body too and this isn't helping much (just a lil' thickening imo)

Jaded

Reaction score
The problem with Niacin are the flushes...they just aren't fun, no matter which way you slice it...but since I've been doing topical CET, my flushes have pretty much been gone...
Using for 3 days now, 1000mg pills, first day was unpleasant, but not as bad as i expected, second day i fell asleep so i felt nothing, third day it was completely bearable, nothing like the first day.

Gonna see if i can get some cet this week.

TanbarkBells

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, that is the key for me...at the end of the day, the bottom line is a person's health...I struggle with back issues, sore and achy muscles all the time, TMJ and headaches, floaters and blurred vision...man, it's been a tough couple of years since I turned 40....hairloss is adding extra stress that I just don't need, but the bottom line is that if you feel healthy then you can overcome life's other hurdles...

...so yeah, I'm taking Niacin even if it doesn't directly help my hairloss -- way too good for your health...the same with Fish Oil, zinc (for men over 40) and Vitamin E tocotrienols....If you're going to be bald, may as well be healthy because life doesn't end when you lose your hair...and the fact is that most people don't judge you on your hair....and if they do, they ain't worth the time and it's their problem
Any updates Sparky? I just started using Niacin, would love to hear your thoughts on the stuff now a few years later

ashleysummer

Reaction score
Guess the niacin in sesame seeds isn't enough to cause flushes because I eat two table spoons of sesame seeds a day and I haven't experienced any changes, it just burns my fat and I get iron and other minerals. Oh and it also lowers my heart-rate, mine's too high usually between 88-94 bpm. I also have cold hands and feet, blisters in the winter are common with me, 19ºC is a nightmare, bellow that I just can't take it.
I have read here https://www.ncsm.nl/english/health/detox/niacin-pills-drug-test that Niacin is a detox medicine. That's funny how the buddies who would like to pass a drug test though niacin would help BURN the drugs out of them with lots of water :p

hot_squirrel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmmm, I've also read a lot about niacin detox healings, the info is quite the same here also. Does it mean, it really help? I suppose it depends on some factors, as metabolism and the main if you are the regular user or not and how much time do you have before the test. Don't you think?

hot_squirrel

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had heard about the supposed benefits from using Niacin to flush out marijuana and decided to give it a try. First of all I do NOT recommend anyone take more than the recommended dosage of niacin per day, as it has been proven to cause liver damage in high prolonged dosages over 2000-3000mg per day.

I am roughly 200lbs, rather tall (6'4), average body fat.

My boyfriend been smoking for 2-3 years and was a rather heavy smoker.
But also, niacin has many side effects, that I noticed, such as skin redness and flushing, overheating, the entire body being itchy, and constant stomach ache. Before taking any detox pills for drug tests read some info, I recommend this one for the full knowledge and not to make smth wrong to you organism. Best, KG