Newly Discovered Factor in Androgenetic Alopecia. The Cure is Near?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
No problems Armando! :) Indeed! Very interesting!

- - - Updated - - -

Topical route is the way to go.. Kill the problem locally.

For me, the reason why this is a great study is because it is providing insight's into the linkage of DHT to the actual choking off of the skin cells, i.e, PGD2, etc...

There comes a point at which blocking DHT isn't effective at all...

So what do we know so far???

1)Start game -- DHT is the trigger
2) End game -- Scalps are loaded with PGD2 and have less Gluthione
3) This study implicates bax/bcl-2, Caspase-8 somewhere in the middle

An internal component will need to hammer 1) and 3)...Topical solution will hammer 2)...Will most likely need some other trigger to tell the follicle to start "growing again" --

There must have been an environmental factor that initiated hair loss for only the frontal/vertex areas thousands of years ago -- increase solar radiation from Sunspots, or flipping of the magnetic poles I'm thinking...something like that would explain why the horse-shoe pattern...I can't think of anything else that makes sense..

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
For me, the reason why this is a great study is because it is providing insight's into the linkage of DHT to the actual choking off of the skin cells, i.e, PGD2, etc...

There comes a point at which blocking DHT isn't effective at all...

So what do we know so far???

1)Start game -- DHT is the trigger
2) End game -- Scalps are loaded with PGD2 and have less Gluthione
3) This study implicates bax/bcl-2, Caspase-8 somewhere in the middle

An internal component will need to hammer 1) and 3)...Topical solution will hammer 2)...Will most likely need some other trigger to tell the follicle to start "growing again" --

There must have been an environmental factor that initiated hair loss for only the frontal/vertex areas thousands of years ago -- increase solar radiation from Sunspots, or flipping of the magnetic poles I'm thinking...something like that would explain why the horse-shoe pattern...I can't think of anything else that makes sense..

You should blame the Androgen Receptors for the male pattern baldness horse shoe pattern style!

Sparky4444

Reaction score
You should blame the Androgen Receptors for the male pattern baldness horse shoe pattern style!

Sure...but something during the course of male evolution had to cause this to happen....Everything happens for a reason --- so for the horse-shoe pattern to emerge for no reason at all just doesn't make sense...I would think if we knew why this started in the first place, this may help towards the treatment

Born4Hair

Reaction score
The Source of Androgenetic Alopecia is the Food

Androgenic Alpozie doesnt exsist. We have the same amount of Gens (Genome) like a simply Worm.
The Food and other environmental factors have a big Impact on our Life and faster Aging from our Hairs.
Specialy Toxine, Heavy Metals from medics block so much enzymsystems in our body and block rezeptors.
Also from plast stuff like bottle we get some hormon like substanz.
Wheat and other cereals have more Gluten than ever. Gluten blocks the resorbation from Vitamin B12.
No Plant have Vitamin B12. Because its a microorganism where killed by pesti fungizides and washing.
Ony Meat from Pork Beef Chicken and Fish have Vitamin B12 but this will not resorb enough when you eat Nudle or other stuff where contain gluten.

Our body is full with Toxines from trash Food. 25% of detox prozess is over our skin. Our Head have the most sebaceous where attempts are made to excrete the toxins.
toxins are bound in bold.

The liver is the main organ for detoxification.
There will also be produced and regulated Glutathoine 5AR activated

Can not due to overload the liver or gall stone detoxify enough, the body tries this increases through the skin and the toxins and heavy metals collect in the scalp. Glutathoine can degrade some but then goes to tend. The liver kan Glutathoine by transferase reduce insufficient and activated the emergency plan so that the 5AR metabolite of PGD2 prevents uncontrolled cell division. Impaired cell division = no hair

What to do?

Detoxify your body of heavy metals and toxins with Chlorla alga, niacin, germanium 132, bentonite etc etc.

Then use vitamin B12, B6 and Folic Acid may as Sublingual Spray (Better absorbation) Intake So biotin.

Reduce where food contain gluten

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Androgenic Alpozie doesnt exsist. We have the same amount of Gens (Genome) like a simply Worm.
The Food and other environmental factors have a big Impact on our Life and faster Aging from our Hairs.
Specialy Toxine, Heavy Metals from medics block so much enzymsystems in our body and block rezeptors.
Also from plast stuff like bottle we get some hormon like substanz.
Wheat and other cereals have more Gluten than ever. Gluten blocks the resorbation from Vitamin B12.
No Plant have Vitamin B12. Because its a microorganism where killed by pesti fungizides and washing.
Ony Meat from Pork Beef Chicken and Fish have Vitamin B12 but this will not resorb enough when you eat Nudle or other stuff where contain gluten.

Our body is full with Toxines from trash Food. 25% of detox prozess is over our skin. Our Head have the most sebaceous where attempts are made to excrete the toxins.
toxins are bound in bold.

The liver is the main organ for detoxification.
There will also be produced and regulated Glutathoine 5AR activated

Can not due to overload the liver or gall stone detoxify enough, the body tries this increases through the skin and the toxins and heavy metals collect in the scalp. Glutathoine can degrade some but then goes to tend. The liver kan Glutathoine by transferase reduce insufficient and activated the emergency plan so that the 5AR metabolite of PGD2 prevents uncontrolled cell division. Impaired cell division = no hair

What to do?

Detoxify your body of heavy metals and toxins with Chlorla alga, niacin, germanium 132, bentonite etc etc.

Then use vitamin B12, B6 and Folic Acid may as Sublingual Spray (Better absorbation) Intake So biotin.

Reduce where food contain gluten

The problem with that theory is that we all eat pretty much the same **** but some of us still don't go bald. Even raw foodish people still go bald.

abcdefg

Reaction score
If one more person starts posting about vitamins, diet, and hair loss I am going to tell people to go outside and open their eyes. Think a little before you say something stupid. If diet was it there would be 0 counter examples showing that is not the case, but there are tons of examples of men on restrictive diets of all kinds going badly bald. Its not possible diet controls male pattern baldness in any meaningful way androgens changing naturally as you age makes way more sense.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
[h=1]Regulation of endothelial cell prostaglandin synthesis by glutathione.[/h]Buckley BJ, Kent RS, Whorton AR.
[h=3]Source[/h]Department of Pharmacology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]Prostaglandin synthesis in in vitro systems is dependent on glutathione and peroxide concentrations. We tested the effects of glutathione depletion and H2O2 exposure on prostaglandin synthesis in cultured porcine aortic endothelial cells. Depletion of glutathione using buthionine sulfoximine (BSO), diethylmaleate, and 2,4-chlorodinitrobenzene increased prostaglandin synthetic capacity. Production of prostacyclin, but not prostaglandin E2, from exogenous arachidonic acid was significantly greater than in controls. Glutathione depletion also resulted in enhanced production of prostacyclin from exogenous prostaglandin H2. These responses were not due to direct effects of glutathione-depleting agents on prostaglandin synthetic enzymes. Exposure to H2O2 also altered prostaglandin synthetic capacity in endothelial cells. While 5 microM H2O2 stimulated prostaglandin production from exogenous arachidonate, 25 and 50 microM were found to be inhibitory. Prostaglandin synthetic capacity was greater in BSO-treated cells which were exposed to 5 and 10 microM H2O2 than in cells exposed to H2O2 alone. However, prostaglandin synthetic capacity was greatly reduced in BSO-treated cells exposed to 50 microM H2O2. Thus, normal levels of cellular glutathione exert an inhibitory influence on prostaglandin synthesis. However, glutathione depletion increases the sensitivity of prostaglandin synthesis to inhibition by 50 microM H2O2.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
am curious as well

LOL.. for now.. Topically I am on Minoxidil..Kirkland 5% , GHK-CU , Miconazole 2% and a bunch of supplements.. Working on a new plan for a different treatment.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
So do we have a consensus on the best way to boost glutathione??

Supposedly this New Wave or Life Wave patch thing Suzanne Somers is pitching has clinical evidence to back up it's claims that it boosts levels significantly....

Jacob

Reaction score
Acetyl-glutathione IMO. Or liposomal. Or transdermal- which I'm assuming is what the patch is.

akp22191

Reaction score
Hey does anybody know if cutting a 5mg finasteride into 4ths works well? I have a 5mg finasteride but I've been cutting it into half since the size of it is the same as 1mg propecia. I know the coating of the tablet doesn't really matter as long as you have 5mg, but I'm worried that cutting it into 4ths will cause the pills to be too small. Here's whatit loos like

ACI00900.JPG

It's the same size and shape as a 1mg propecia, but has 5mg inside it instead of 1mg. Do most of you have a similar looking generic brand in terms of shape & size. And does cutting it into 4ths still prove effective?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Hey does anybody know if cutting a 5mg finasteride into 4ths works well? I have a 5mg finasteride but I've been cutting it into half since the size of it is the same as 1mg propecia. I know the coating of the tablet doesn't really matter as long as you have 5mg, but I'm worried that cutting it into 4ths will cause the pills to be too small. Here's whatit loos like

ACI00900.JPG

It's the same size and shape as a 1mg propecia, but has 5mg inside it instead of 1mg. Do most of you have a similar looking generic brand in terms of shape & size. And does cutting it into 4ths still prove effective?

Yes..cut it in 4.. still good to go..!

- - - Updated - - -

Acetyl-glutathione IMO. Or liposomal. Or transdermal- which I'm assuming is what the patch is.

Sparx4444.. I am using Phlojel Ultra + Glutathione reduced that I bought from purebulk.com.. works awesome.. Phlojel ultra is a cie from Edmonton, AB.... It is a transdermal cream that you can mix whatever in it.. You maximize the glutathione locally..on your pumpkin and you get some in your bloodstream as well.. Works really good..

- - - Updated - - -

Jacob.. do you know any ways to boost S.O.D. topically? I know Glisodin is effective but would like to find something that work locally.. Pain in the arse..

Jacob

Reaction score
Liposomal glut in softgels..some other companies also sell the product with their own label: http://www.essentialgsh.com/

Jacob.. do you know any ways to boost S.O.D. topically? I know Glisodin is effective but would like to find something that work locally.. Pain in the arse..

Well there's liposomal sod..then the sod mimetics such as cu peptides- Tricomin etc....things like EUK-137..134...204 etc.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Liposomal glut in softgels..some other companies also sell the product with their own label: http://www.essentialgsh.com/

Well there's liposomal sod..then the sod mimetics such as cu peptides- Tricomin etc....things like EUK-137..134...204 etc.

S.O.D. molecular weight is enormous! I would like to see their manufacturing process! Lecithin won't do **** for the molecular weight!

Jacob

Reaction score
Well these guys seem to have figured it out for sure: http://www.polymun.at/
Click on "Liposomology/Drug Delivery and then the highlighted "liposomal sod".

Liposomal Superoxide Dismutase

l-s-d.bmp
Polymun has encapsulated recombinant human Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase (SOD) in liposomes using its proprietary technology. The liposomal formulation enables topical application of SOD as well as application by inhalation. As a scavenger of free oxygen radicals SOD has high potential for the treatment of pathologic conditions connected with oxidative stress free of any adverse effects.

Polymun has evaluated the transdermal application of Lipoxysanâ„¢ in patients suffering from Induratio Penis Plastica (IPP, also Peyronie′s disease) in phase II and III clinical trials. The studies were conducted at three centers in Austria under the leadership of Claus Riedl, M.D. (claus.riedl@thermenklinikum-baden.at) and resulted in significant and rapid decrease of pain and amelioration of the other symptoms of IPP. Lipoxysanâ„¢ treatment was efficacious, free of side effects and convenient thus leading to high patient satisfaction. Details to the studies can be found in our publications " Pilot Study on Liposomal Recombinant Human Superoxide Dismutase for the Treatment of Peyronie′s Disease" and "Liposomal Recombinant Human Superoxide Dismutase for the Treatment of Peyronie′s Disease: A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Double-Blind Prospective Clinical Study".

Lipoxysanâ„¢ is also tested for the treatment of inflammatory skin disorders and chronic skin ulcers. Beneficial effects of Lipoxysanâ„¢ therapy in wound healing were obtained in animal models of thermal lesions (Vorauer-Uhl et al. 2002).

Since increased production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) was connected with various inflammatory skin disorders Lipoxysanâ„¢ is believed to have high therapeutic potential in dermatological conditions.

As oxidative stress induced by UV-light, cigarette smoke, air pollution, ozone, and chemicals is believed to trigger premature skin aging, there is a strong rationale to use liposomal SOD in cosmetic anti-aging products. All ingredients of the liposomal SOD are on the inventory of ingredients used in cosmetic products (Section I of the Annex to Commission Decision 96/335/EC). Therefore, with a lower concentration of SOD we are currently testing cosmetic application under the name of Dermoxysanâ„¢.

SOD - the Smart Antioxidant

Cu/Zn-Superoxide dismutase selectively degrades superoxide anions, the by-products of oxygen metabolism. Thereby, SOD prevents the chain reaction these superoxide anions trigger. Unlike conventionally used antioxidants as vitamin A, C or E, SOD is not depleted in the reaction due to its enzymatic nature but detoxifies superoxide anions constantly. Hence, even low doses of SOD have great effect. SOD is present in all aerobic living organisms and protects cells by preventing damage from free radicals. Due to the human sequence it is tolerated by the immune system causing no side effects. Recombinant human SOD (rhSOD) is produced in E. coli. You can order rhSOD and matching antibodies as research reagents.

In October 2010, Polymun has concluded an exclusive agreement with Apeiron Biologics AG for development and marketing of SOD.

I posted about them years ago though..it's been slow going to get it out there. You can order "SOD" from them...doesn't look like it'd be liposomal though. I guess I'll ask about it.

Then there's this http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v89/n1/abs/5613937a.html and I think there are others out there as well.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
SOD would be the best thing ever to reverses fibrosis.

Beardedpt

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have been following this thread for a little while and am grateful for all of your hard work. I am no science mind but I see the tallk of glutathoine lately. Just want to put in my two cents and say that I read an article where people were praising undenatured whey protein for its ability to increase glutathoine. So, I bought some and have been taking it and can say that I feel a difference. On a side note.... Its apparently such a potent detoxifier that they warn you to start slow with the stuff. Like I said I am no science mind but to me the diet/hairloss connection is intimate.

What Im doing now that is making a difference.

Undenatured whey protein - supposedly increases glutathoine

Coconut oil topical

Eating more fats - This one has made a huge difference. And not just taking fish oil at night. Eating fats with my meals. Fats transport some pretty critical vitamins and can say I feel a huge difference. Each cell is 40% fat. I can defenitly say I feel better. My skin feels more pliable and foregiving.

My humble two cents.

young trunks

Reaction score
Hey everybody been a while. But I am low in vitamin D which the body uses to make glutathoine. Being low in D also effects T levels. Sooo I think that by increasing D will help increase glutathoine. But not many are deficient in glutathoine so would that mean that this isn't the true solution?

I think a combination of boosting glutathoine and exercising to help T is the key perhaps? I agree with Beardedpt. Also Beardedpt could you give me a link of the name of specific whey that you use?

As for scalp externally I just don't know what to do. I'm shedding thousands of hair daily and I'm 24.