Newly Discovered Factor in Androgenetic Alopecia. The Cure is Near?

nograde

Reaction score
squeegee: Please see my post in Alternate Treatments "Why Cetirizine may work". What do you think of it?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
This is so awesome putting my life and dreams on hold for a cure that will never come out. I'm having a blast.

akp22191

Reaction score
Yo if the scientists were ****in smart here is what they should do: Go back to the people that had no DHT in the blood in the Dominican Republic, and check to see if they have less PGD2 in their scalp. Check out the scalps of full blooded Native Americans & check to see if they have Low levels of PGD2 in their scalp. Also check out the Alaskian people who also don't tend to go bald & check their PGD2 levels. If all indicate low levels of PGD2 then we have a conclusion right there. Idk why some scientists are so ****in stupid when it comes to finding a cure for male pattern baldness. It's sitting right there in front of your ****in face: Go examine the specific race that never get male pattern baldness----> Full Blooded Native Americans (heck maybe even partial Native Americans->example is Johnny Depp, who cant grow much facial hair except for the van dyke, but still has a thick mature hairline. He also has some german european blood hence the mature hairline. So for too much cursing, but I bet this could the best way to find out why on race such as Native Americans never develop male pattern baldness and other races do. Also as a South Asian I would like to state that a lot of South Asians born or who have moved to the United States end up loosing hair earlier then their fathers, uncles, and grandfathers. They also then to be much taller then their parents and more muscular and built. I think western diet plays a huge role from a young age of triggering male pattern baldness early; only the the people who have the gene though. My dad didn't start loosing hair till 40's, moms father passed away with full hair, Dad's passed away full hair. Moms brothers no hair loss except for youngest who lost it in his 40's--->he was the first one to come to American from our family for education & got very accustomed to western diet as anybody would. Dad's brother no hair loss. What I'm basically saying is yes I have a genetic predesipostion to hair loss based only on my Father, but that too which is not suppose to show up til 40's. Why did it show up so early at the young age of 21 for me? First I thought this whole western diet **** and milk effecting hair loss was bull****. But as I look more around at Asians who have been born in the US and grown up in the US on high western diet, along with drinking milk everyday for breakfast there's a positive and negative experience from it. Positive: Asians born in US get taller and more muscular then Asians born in Asia. Negative: End up having hair loss earlier then their dad or grandfathers surprsingly who were born in Asia. Also I would like to note that back then in India a majority of people were vegeterian and still are; they also don't drink milk produced by cows since cows are sacred to us. Hence they're pretty shore people who have very low testesterone levels; I could tell just by looking at their face and physique they have low testesterone levels. But now the ones born in the US are more taller and built after puberty, even by face structure we show a more higher testesterone. All thanks to the western diet and milk from young age. But then when we hit our 20's a lot of South Asians start loosing hair. This is a ****in fact: I've seen so many South Asians my uncle and his friends and others who are in their 20's starting to thin. I bet if they asked their dads and grandpas when they started, the answers would be late 30's. Conclusion: Genes matter 100%, but there's other things that are making the young men go bald much faster. This goes for every race. I think most would agree.

Redford

Reaction score
I live in Europe and here they sell Zyrtec( Cetirizine) in the form of oral drops solution. It contains the same ingredients as the pills, but unlike the pills you don't have to go through all the mess with making them suitable for topical application. Anyway I am going to try that together with my generic minoxidil. Also I wanted to ask, since here people support the opinion that inflammation is a crucial factor in male pattern baldness, what are your thoughts on using corticosteroids instead of antihistamines like cetirizine? There is a (in)famous doctor who is known for discovering retin-a (tretinoin) who also conducted experiments on humans.. but he has a patent for treating alopecia with a combination of minoxidil and antiinflamatory agent ( hydrocortisone). His name is Albert Kligman and here is a link to his method:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...&f=G&l=50&d=PALL&RefSrch=yes&Query=PN/5026691

I know corticosteroids are not as safe to use as antihistamines, but what if they prove to be more effective? There are many success stories of people suffering form alopecia areata who have been treated with corticosteroids. I'm still thinking on adding corticosteroids to my regimen, but first I'll try the liquid Zyrtec

abcdefg

Reaction score
I strongly disagree with diet being responsible for hair loss whether the person has the genes or not. There are many factors but I dont think diet counts enough to be one of them. Too many examples of people with minor hair loss at older ages that had poor diets meaning their hair was susceptible to androgens but they never had bad hair loss. Plenty of things like maybe PGD2 but I think solely with androgens - T and DHT and maybe the estrogen/DHT ratio you could stop male pattern baldness solely with that. Stopping androgens from messing with hair through receptors would also stop male pattern baldness. There are ways to stop it without messing with say immune system which I think is a big time player too.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
This is so awesome putting my life and dreams on hold for a cure that will never come out. I'm having a blast.

Because being negative about it will change **** lol

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I think the next biggest impact will be with hair transplant's...somehow, they'll use lasers or something to pretty much make the FUT scar to be unnoticeable... the biggest problem is the damn scar for a lot of us..either that or they'll do something to improve FUE and make the harvests as fruitful as with FUT...

...the other stuff is still too far away for me...

ABJac

Reaction score
Yo if the scientists were ****in smart here is what they should do: Go back to the people that had no DHT in the blood in the Dominican Republic, and check to see if they have less PGD2 in their scalp. Check out the scalps of full blooded Native Americans & check to see if they have Low levels of PGD2 in their scalp. Also check out the Alaskian people who also don't tend to go bald & check their PGD2 levels. If all indicate low levels of PGD2 then we have a conclusion right there. Idk why some scientists are so ****in stupid when it comes to finding a cure for male pattern baldness. It's sitting right there in front of your ****in face: Go examine the specific race that never get male pattern baldness----> Full Blooded Native Americans (heck maybe even partial Native Americans->example is Johnny Depp, who cant grow much facial hair except for the van dyke, but still has a thick mature hairline. He also has some german european blood hence the mature hairline. So for too much cursing, but I bet this could the best way to find out why on race such as Native Americans never develop male pattern baldness and other races do. Also as a South Asian I would like to state that a lot of South Asians born or who have moved to the United States end up loosing hair earlier then their fathers, uncles, and grandfathers. They also then to be much taller then their parents and more muscular and built. I think western diet plays a huge role from a young age of triggering male pattern baldness early; only the the people who have the gene though. My dad didn't start loosing hair till 40's, moms father passed away with full hair, Dad's passed away full hair. Moms brothers no hair loss except for youngest who lost it in his 40's--->he was the first one to come to American from our family for education & got very accustomed to western diet as anybody would. Dad's brother no hair loss. What I'm basically saying is yes I have a genetic predesipostion to hair loss based only on my Father, but that too which is not suppose to show up til 40's. Why did it show up so early at the young age of 21 for me? First I thought this whole western diet **** and milk effecting hair loss was bull****. But as I look more around at Asians who have been born in the US and grown up in the US on high western diet, along with drinking milk everyday for breakfast there's a positive and negative experience from it. Positive: Asians born in US get taller and more muscular then Asians born in Asia. Negative: End up having hair loss earlier then their dad or grandfathers surprsingly who were born in Asia. Also I would like to note that back then in India a majority of people were vegeterian and still are; they also don't drink milk produced by cows since cows are sacred to us. Hence they're pretty shore people who have very low testesterone levels; I could tell just by looking at their face and physique they have low testesterone levels. But now the ones born in the US are more taller and built after puberty, even by face structure we show a more higher testesterone. All thanks to the western diet and milk from young age. But then when we hit our 20's a lot of South Asians start loosing hair. This is a ****in fact: I've seen so many South Asians my uncle and his friends and others who are in their 20's starting to thin. I bet if they asked their dads and grandpas when they started, the answers would be late 30's. Conclusion: Genes matter 100%, but there's other things that are making the young men go bald much faster. This goes for every race. I think most would agree.

You're kind of a self-proclaimed moron. You do realize you opened this paragraph calling every scientist or medical expert trying to find a cure for hair loss an idiot, because the answer is simple and right in front of their face, and then proceeded to ramble on about how: PDG2, genetic predisposition, western diet, milk drinking, etc all play roles in hair loss. So you call everyone taking a stab at hair loss an idiot then list everything we already know about hair loss and think you are giving some kind of insight to hair loss that we don't already have? This whole paragraph was nonsense, you made no actual useful points what so ever, I don't even think you have any idea what point you wanted to make.

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
I strongly disagree with diet being responsible for hair loss whether the person has the genes or not. There are many factors but I dont think diet counts enough to be one of them.
Diet is definitely connected to hair loss issues, not to Androgenetic Alopecia though, which is the main hair loss of concern here.

For example, if you don't have from your diet enough vitamins from the B-family, zink and other materials used to build connective tissue, the state of your hair will start to deteriorate leading to generally mild hair loss. But all this is reversible and different to Androgenetic Alopecia. Of course, food providing all the building materials for hair is not necessarily the so called "healthy food". Is that what you mean?

The only way I could see diet connected to Androgenetic Alopecia is the very slow process of development of a certain genotype in humans. This is done through the long term interaction with the environment and diet is a part of it. But there we talk about centuries of adaptation at least. Of course this is only an assumption from my part about a possible involvement of diet as an environmental factor, in the really long term of several generations.

LouisR

Reaction score
Even if it's near, I would still understand "near" as more or less 10 years unfortunately...

I am already taking supplement product that lowers the level of prostaglandin D2 - Hair Gain Formula. I have strongly suffered from seasonal hair loss since I was 18 (now I am 35). I've been taking it from February, and fortunate for me no seasonal hair loss so far.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

boobyinspector

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep.. Quad.. this is why you are losing your hair..

DHT active NF-kB triggers systemic TNFa-dependent inflammation and localized TNF a-independent inflammatory which actives DKK-1= Male Pattern Baldness.
Wellbutrin lowers tnf-alpha significantly and I took it for the longest time and it didn't change my hair much. I just quit it recently because it made my sex drive way too high.
We conclude that bupropion may suppress TNF synthesis by mediating increased signaling at beta-adrenoreceptors and D1 receptors, resulting in increased cAMP that inhibits TNF synthesis. Bupropion is well tolerated also in non-psychiatric populations and has less risk with long term use than current anti-inflammatory, immunosuppressive or TNF suppressive treatments such as prednisone, azathioprine, infliximab, or methotrexate. New anti-inflammatory treatments are needed. We believe a new chapter in antiinflammatory, TNF lowering treatment of disease has been opened. Bupropion's use for this in humans should be explored.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16644475 You guys are just trying too hard to fix a problem that you won't fix on your own. Take finasteride and that's your best chance till something better comes out.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Wellbutrin lowers tnf-alpha significantly and I took it for the longest time and it didn't change my hair much. I just quit it recently because it made my sex drive way too high. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16644475 You guys are just trying too hard to fix a problem that you won't fix on your own. Take finasteride and that's your best chance till something better comes out.
Our best bet would be topically not systematic. TNF-A activate DKK-1 which is definitely a bad guy in male pattern baldness. Wellbutrin is weak TNF-A inhibitor btw.. Bupropion has been approved by the FDA for the prevention of seasonal affective disorder... Remicade is a real TNF-A inhibitor.

puspharaj

Reaction score
Citrizine

So i tried citrizine by dissolve the pills into water and wait for 24 hours after that apply to your head will it be okay i tried couple of times not much.

akp22191

Reaction score
Look you ****in retard I'm just making my point. I could state my opinion if I want; if you don't like it then don't read it b**ch. You're probably one of those idiots who listens to everything the doctors say. The doctors never told us Proscar could help out with hair loss, when it was first made; except for a select few doctors who knew about it. How do you know if there's not already a medicine that's being tested, where one of the side effects that has shown up is hair growth on the scalp. After all when Merk found out, they didn't say hey guys go ahead & buy proscar cause it'll be cheaper since it's covered by insurance. No, instead they made the smart, yet spoiled choice of making a cosmetic drug with the same ingredient at a lower dosage, where they knew insurance wouldn't cover it. Hence the the profit level goes up by selling a drug where the insurance doesn't cover the drug. There's a lot of medications in trials right now where the GPR44 pathway is blocked or PGD2 is reduced. And guess what dickhead, Merk is one of the companies who has a medication like that in trial for facial flushing. Guess what the the Merk morons said, when they were asked about hair loss and the medication in trial. They said we have seen no hair growth as a side effect. I wouldn't be surprised if they come out with a cosmetic substitute drug after like 5 years, just like they did with propecia.

Born4Hair

Reaction score
15-d-PGJ2 / Glutathoine

Hi Guys.

The Pathy to PGD2 / 15-d-PGJ2 is a emergency programm from our body for protect us from cancer / tumor. 15-d-PGJ2 have anti inflammation properties and anti tumor properties.
And why you will ask? Becuase the GSH level is reduced (Glutathoine)
It can have many reason like toxins have metals etc where rise down our GSH level. Remember Glutathoine is the Main Antioxidant from our body.

On hairy scalp is the glutathoine level 3 time higher than on bald. Aha! Remember they found 3x higer PGD2 concentraion on bald scalp.

The best way to find out how it looks on your Glutathoine Level is to make a blood test.
Test GOT (Glutamat Oxalazetat Transaminase) and Homocystein.

You bring up Glutathoine level with a NRF2 activator or reduze oxygied with Niacinamid and Rooibosh Tee

High Glutathoine level will not only bring back your Hairs it will also bring a long live and protects you from many illnes..

Be aware to block PGD2 / 15-d-PGJ2. It will only end in a catastrophic. Bald Scalp will then your smallest problem.

Sorry for my english.

Greets from Switzerland

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

The Pathy to PGD2 / 15-d-PGJ2 is a emergency programm from our body for protect us from cancer / tumor. 15-d-PGJ2 have anti inflammation properties and anti tumor properties.
And why you will ask? Becuase the GSH level is reduced (Glutathoine)
It can have many reason like toxins have metals etc where rise down our GSH level. Remember Glutathoine is the Main Antioxidant from our body.

On hairy scalp is the glutathoine level 3 time higher than on bald. Aha! Remember they found 3x higer PGD2 concentraion on bald scalp.

The best way to find out how it looks on your Glutathoine Level is to make a blood test.
Test GOT (Glutamat Oxalazetat Transaminase) and Homocystein.

You bring up Glutathoine level with a NRF2 activator or reduze oxygied with Niacinamid and Rooibosh Tee

High Glutathoine level will not only bring back your Hairs it will also bring a long live and protects you from many illnes..

Be aware to block PGD2 / 15-d-PGJ2. It will only end in a catastrophic. Bald Scalp will then your smallest problem.

Sorry for my english.

Greets from Switzerland

Rooibos supposedly targets allergy symptoms...hummmmmm...that is very interesting....this stuff is supposed to be pretty potent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooibos

- - - Updated - - -

Rooibos supposedly targets allergy symptoms...hummmmmm...that is very interesting....this stuff is supposed to be pretty potent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooibos

I picked up some of this tea today...if this stuff is good for you either way, it is delicious!